PDA

View Full Version : FF2: Iīm about to enter the Warship...

Peter_20
09-02-2005, 01:00 AM
So, right now Iīm about to enter THE hard dungeon of the Warship of Empirish Destruction that always lands in that damn nowhere.
I know itīll be a pain if I donīt prepare FOREVER before I enter.
I was trying to "over-level" a bit and I actually managed to get to Mysidia, where I bought a Giant Glove (the only cool thing I could afford, I didnīt care about the Thief Glove) and died shortly after.
However, since this whole Warship thing is so totally incredibly hard, Iīm gonna exaggerate this leveling QUITE a bit this time!
I consider leveling till everyoneīs got about 5000 HP and the Wizards about 500 MP (or else itīll just run out halfway through; Cure8 and 100 MP donīt get along very well).
My Knight should also master his swordskill (Level 16, of course) and my Wizards should at least boost their Soul & Intelligence to something like 50.
Now I was wondering if this is a good idea?
It actually feels necessary, I constantly get into so much trouble in that Warship that I usually lose interest in the game at this point.
What strategy do you use here?

boys from the dwarf
09-02-2005, 07:35 AM
i completed the game with 3000 hp and your stuck on the dreadnought with 5000 hp and already getting to mysidia?i cant help you there.

Peter_20
09-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Well, I can *complete* the Warship, I actually finished the game with about 2900 HP last time, itīs just that Iīm getting problems in that ship all the time; I lose HP, I cure it, I lose MP, I canīt cure myself anymore.
Then I get stranded with low HP/MP out there in the nowhere.
I want to avoid that, so do you recommend this strategy?

BTW, over-leveling is fun! :D

Sefie1999AD
09-02-2005, 01:01 PM
With those stats you were planning to have in Warship, you could beat the whole game. Just have lots of MP (100-200+ MP should be fine and try to heal in battles, not outside them, for the best effect).

Peter_20
09-02-2005, 03:38 PM
With those stats you were planning to have in Warship, you could beat the whole game.Well, I canīt help it. I just like boosting a lot if I ever get decent chances for it.
You can earn some great money from all the scrolls you win outside the Warship, and those you can invest in buying some Mysidian stuff, like Flame Spear, Giant Glove and Holy.
Itīs pretty great, IMHO. :D

Also, you can actually get to Mysidia during ANY POINT in the game!
Just travel to Kashuon and ride the Chocobo to the lakes surrounding Mysidia, then walk down the relatively short path, using the Cure trick if necessary (for those who donīt know, healing right before an encounter = erasing that encounter) and youīre there!

Fireblade13
01-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Yes but u can't buy anything in there at so earlyt as mentioned before.

I usually just trick my guys out to where they can kill 2 captains before going to the

inn before I hit the warship and I always brineg a lot of eyedrops because esuna

sometimes is wasted on it.

Now may I ask version as I am speaking of DoS and winning with 3000 hp sounds

ABSURD!

HowlingMonkey
01-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Dude. The Warship isn't hard. I mean, it's not easy, but I've always been able to make it through there without any time spent levelling up in the game before then.

Captain Maxx Power
01-21-2006, 12:01 PM
This is why we have Exit. If you're almost at death's door, Exit out, go to the nearest town and heal, then try again. Everytime you go through a dungeon you'll become a little bit more powerful. This is how I approach every dungeon in FF2 and most games.

DJZen
01-22-2006, 03:24 AM
The thief glove is actually much better than you're giving it credit for.

boys from the dwarf
01-28-2006, 09:10 AM
its not too hard to get past. once i was stuck in kashuan castle and id just beaten the boss and got the thing used to carry the sunflame but one of my characters was dead, one was at full, one was nearly dead and the other was about half dead and i had with one character about 10 MP but no healing items. i stupidly used that MP to heal a little bit instead of using it to telelport. all you have to do is save every few steps and hope not to run into any hard battle whoch cant be ran from. and after nearly 2 hours of crazy and frustrating gameplay i made it. if your on 5000 HP and still get stuck, just do what i did i suupose.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
01-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Casting Warp or Zap! whenever in trouble helps... and try buying some X-Cures and Ethers... If your HP/MP keeps going down... too bad you don't get Phys or Psyc yet...

DJZen
01-29-2006, 01:37 AM
Those prototype names sure are badly translated...

What you want to make sure you have is someone to cast Cure a whole bunch and high agility and magic defense. In fact, that pretty much applies to the whole game.

01-29-2006, 03:46 AM
Better than Demiforce's at least... I mean STON?

DJZen
01-30-2006, 08:10 AM
Phys? Psyc? Is that Drain and Aspir? Anyway, if you train within the warship enough you shouldn't need to exit.

01-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Yes... IF Aspir is the MP stealing spell...

DJZen
01-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Aspir is one of the names it's had. There's been so many I lose track.

Rengori
01-31-2006, 02:09 AM
Remember this: If you start running low on health and you save on the ship, you're royally screwed. I had start a new game because my helath was too low when I last while on the ship.

01-31-2006, 03:17 AM
How could you save on the ship, this is the reason why you can't save in dungeons...

Rengori
01-31-2006, 03:31 AM
I remember a save point on the ship.

01-31-2006, 04:29 AM
There is none... in FF2, The idea of a save point didn't come till FF3

DJZen
01-31-2006, 06:50 AM
You can save anywhere in Dawn of Souls. That's beside the point.

Don't train harder, train SMARTER.

Slam Dancin' Moogle
04-09-2006, 06:14 AM
You don't need to overtrain. It's nice, but then you'll have a harder time training the temporary characters ('specially Layla) so I would go with about 1000 HP to go there, and Gordon with at least 600. I mean, even that would be easy. If you want to, then find a power peninsula, or somewhere where strong monsters appear and train there...

Leeza
04-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Considering that this thread was started in Sept 05, it's a bit old for a revival. Please do not post in threads that have died out.