PDA

View Full Version : Damn you emerald!!!

Fonzie
09-02-2005, 03:08 AM
I just fought him and i only lasted about 10:00 mins. I have fianl attack materia+phoneix but when my character died for the sencond time he didn't cast it again. If you master Final attack materia can you cast it over and over and over? Also can you give me some good combo's with materia. Thank you.

P.S. (His attacks are crazy!!!!)

G SpOtZ
09-02-2005, 06:03 AM
i thought final attack+ phoenix only worked the first time after you died... but i never really used it, cuz i never really had to. i always keep my characters in hp range.

boys from the dwarf
09-02-2005, 07:38 AM
the higher level final attack is the more times you can use it.master might be infinite.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-02-2005, 09:33 AM
I think it also depends on how high a level your phoenix is

Light Mage
09-02-2005, 12:16 PM
The number of times you can cast a Summon is the same as the number of Stars a Materia has - ie, at Level 1 (1 star) you can cast Phoenix once per battle.
I would presume it's the same for the Final Attack, with each star representing how many times in a single batle it will work.

I'm fairly sure it only goes upto a maximum of 5 only - unless you have Master Summon - but Final Attack will still only work up to 5 times at Master level.

Ultima Shadow
09-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Overpowered materia setup: W-Summon, KotR-HPabsorb, mime etc.

Good materia setup: 4-Cut, Restore-All and Time-All (Underwater materia also recomended but not necessary).

Good enough materia setup: No materia

Suckier than the above materia setups: Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Ice, Quake.

Captain Maxx Power
09-02-2005, 04:13 PM
I say kit yourself out with Mastered Alls and pwn him.

boys from the dwarf
09-02-2005, 06:17 PM
do this strat. use omnislah and have as many counter attack and mime materia that are paired as possible and use omnislah and when emerald attacks you youll use omnislah like 8 times and kill him in one or 2 turns.

Masamune·1600
09-02-2005, 11:09 PM
I just fought him and i only lasted about 10:00 mins. I have fianl attack materia+phoneix but when my character died for the sencond time he didn't cast it again. If you master Final attack materia can you cast it over and over and over? Also can you give me some good combo's with materia. Thank you.

For the Final Attack to activate correctly, you need to have sufficient MP for the spell in question. Two of the four Eyes do nothing but sap MP, so it's important to pay attention to that value.

Further, as already suggested, Final Attack is limited by its material level, as well as (in this case) by the level of Phoenix. If either has only one star lit, then the character with those materia will only Final Attack one time. The only way to ermedy this is to add more AP to the materia.

Mastering a Final Attack materia will allow you to use the paired ability (assuming that the other materia isn't restricted) up to five times.

As for strategies, Ultima Shadow already listed a good one. The "overpowered materia setup" is extremely effective.

Levian
09-03-2005, 01:07 AM
attack him.

Sergeant Hartman
09-13-2005, 08:46 PM
W-summon is needed aswell as mime. Have Cloud to cast knights of the round with w-summon, then mime it with someone else. The third character should be the healer and the problem sorter outer thingy.

Carl the Llama
09-13-2005, 09:55 PM
[TR][TD]a really quick way to beat her is to first of all have quadra magic and gravity linked up have mega all and w-magic then have mime with counter and the battle plan is this first of all have someone cast reflect on the party then cast gravity twice on yourself (which will hit her a total of 24 times always doing 9999 damage) then just have the other 2 mime it till she is dead

thats just one stratagy another one is this:have kotr and hpabsorb mime and counter in another slot and you are set(id recomend mastering counter so you will counter every time) and you cant fail, you dont even need final attack

Light Mage
09-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Maybe we should rename her PMT WEAPON...

Yliette
09-18-2005, 12:45 AM
Another tip I've read from a forum is that you must limit your equipped Materia to 8 of each character since Air Damn Storm (or something like that) delivers 1,111 damage multiplied by the numberof Materia a charaacter has equipped.

KoShiatar
09-18-2005, 10:13 PM
If you have Final Attack = Phoenix or Final Attack = Revive you can even not mind about Aire Tame Storm because you'll be resurrected each time. But I recomment that your Materia has as mant stars as possible (2 at the VERY least) if you are counting on that.