PDA

View Full Version : Experimentation time

Hawkeye
09-02-2005, 06:18 AM
What are chemicals or methods of curing pimples?? :confused:

I got two on my left cheek (how the hell do you spell that, worthless highschool i go to), since about 3 days ago, and this Stridex crap Ive been using aint working. Help :(

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-02-2005, 06:19 AM
I use ProActiv. When I actually do it when I am suppose to it works...but that is for acne...Try Polysperine with Vitamin E

Jojee
09-02-2005, 06:34 AM
Um I heard some people use toothpaste... o_0

Just wash your face a lot with facewash.

Meat Puppet
09-02-2005, 06:35 AM
paperbag

kikimm
09-02-2005, 06:44 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that actually works too. But I think it's more of a "quick fix" type thing than anything.

Oh, if you have sensitive skin, I really don't recommend getting that Proactiv stuff; but if you don't, then go ahead, cause it seems to work a lot of people. And yes, wash your face a lot (like twice a day or something...), and keep your hands away from your face. Drinking lots of water also helps over time. There's a lot of things you can do, and products you can buy. Since it doesn't sound like too much of a serious problem for you, over the counter stuff will probably work all right for you, if you want this done quickly.

But I'll stop now.

Hawkeye
09-02-2005, 06:47 AM
Dont worry, I have a regular hygiene; once a week

Jebus
09-02-2005, 06:49 AM
This isn't an experiment! There's no control group! This experiment is null.

Also, I heard vitamin E works, but I'm not so sure.

SomethingBig
09-02-2005, 06:51 AM
I heard lemons work pretty well.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
09-02-2005, 07:17 AM
if you pop it, it'll go away in a day or so :D

SomethingBig
09-02-2005, 07:43 AM
Adding on to IBCrayZ's idea, make sure to rub a lemon on it after popping a pimple.

-N-
09-02-2005, 07:44 AM

Also, I heard vitamin E works, but I'm not so sure.Just because you changed majors doesn't mean you can use science terms yet. :p

Hawkeye
09-02-2005, 02:32 PM

Also, I heard vitamin E works, but I'm not so sure.
I thought my Stridex was my control? :greenie:

Faris
09-02-2005, 02:33 PM
I don't get pimples. All I know, is that poping them leaves scars.

Jess
09-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Toothpaste sort of works.
It takes the redness out of them, and makes them less visible, but it doesn't get rid of them completely. :)

Rye
09-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Mudd Face Mask Exfoliation cream. Put this over the zit for about 5 minutes, then softly wash it off with warm water, and the next day, it'll be gone. The Mudd takes the oil out of the zit I think. It always works for me.

http://content.ulta.com/images/products/medium/5022162.jpg

It looks like that. I guess it's a little girly, but it works.

Primus Inter Pares
09-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Hmmmm... try an esterification reaction, put some organic acid and an alcohol on your face and let them react in heat and acidic conditions, it might not work very well for your pimples, but your face will smell nice (depending on the ester produced). It does however lead to acid burn because of the acidic conditions needed...

ThroneofDravaris
09-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Don't use chocolate sauce. It just makes things worse...

Strider
09-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Rub bacon on your face. That works, I swear.

Psychotic
09-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Cut them off with scissors.

bipper
09-02-2005, 05:14 PM

That is because toothpase has little gritties (porcelin back in the day when old BF invented it. Now it uses seaweeds in some brands :)) Those gritties offer the same pore scrubbing that those specialty scrubs do. They also give your face that minty smell. yum!

Bipper

Dignified Pauper
09-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Benzoyl Peroxide and any sort of scrub with the little beads in it.

Cless
09-02-2005, 06:47 PM
if you pop it, it'll go away in a day or so
I would really resist the urge to pop if I were you. Not only can this lead to scaring, but it can also lead to many more pimples as it pushes some of the gunk further INTO your skin. Potentially turning a short-term solution, into a long-term problem. Toothpastes can dry the pimple out and reduce redness, so I'd go with it for a quick fix. :)

boris no no
09-02-2005, 07:48 PM
clean and clear!
^___^ a johnsons company (i love saying that!) xDDDDDD
toothpaste is good but only the basic cheap white stuff. dont use the stuff with the fancy whitening rubbish :p

Big D
09-03-2005, 01:47 AM
If you're gonna pop pimples, you need to make sure your face and hands are very cleam both before and after doing the deed. Bursting a pimple means the infection site is open, which has the potential to let new kinds of bacteria get in. Gotta keep it clean.

Lotions based on alcohol or salicylic acid are quite effective, but you need to be sure they're specifically intended to fight pimples before just sloshing anything on your face.

For a natural alternative, calamine lotion helps - it dries up some of the oils in your skin, reducing pimples.

Prevention is a good cure, too - wash your face thoroughly on a regular basis; avoid touching your face with your hands, too, since fingers attract atrocious quantities of bacteria from tables, doorhandles, etc.

rubah
09-03-2005, 03:15 AM
I heard some weird stuff once about using castor and extra virgin olive oil xD

And I told that to my stalkerfriend matt, who then went and slathered cooking oil on his face.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the details xD

You can get a prescription for alcohol based pledgets to use~