PDA

View Full Version : Important Chapter......

Dreddz
09-02-2005, 01:36 PM
I think FFXII will be one of the biggest FF's in the series. Square-Enix hasent made a FF from scratch. FFX-2 didnt count, as the story came off easy, the settings and graphics were all there.
FFXII will show how Square-Enix is going to head the FF scene towards. This is how they do FF. And how the games are going to be like in the future.
The tension is hot....

Hinky the Pickle
09-02-2005, 02:00 PM
"Didn't make an FF game from scratch"? Oh right, because Final Fantasy XI, Tactics Advance and Crystal Chronicles didn't count.

I agree with you on the fact that it seems epic though.

raskerino
09-02-2005, 03:34 PM
FFTA was not made from scratch the battle system was FFT's with a few modifications. FFCC was not a main stream FF which is what I think Gibbi was refering to (it also wasn't a big hit). And FFXI was not played by a lot of people, although yes it was made from scratch it's an MMORPG instead of the rest of the series ,making it kinda different. But I do think FFXII will be an important milestone, however I've though about the last bunch of FF's that have come out too.
FF7 First to have better than gameboy type graphics.
FF8 Really spectacular graphics plus a darker feel to the game then FF's had gone before.
FF9 the most fun feeling FF, somewhat comic graphics
FFX the first FF made for the PS2
FFX-2 The first sequel
FFXI I never played it but it was the first MMORPG
FFXII What Gibbi said

Dreddz
09-02-2005, 04:28 PM
I meant in the fact of the mainstream series......

KoShiatar
09-02-2005, 08:45 PM
I think they're experimenting a lot with this one, and they put a tianic amount of effort into it (or so it seems).
Hope that gives good results.

Hinky the Pickle
09-02-2005, 10:13 PM
I meant in the fact of the mainstream series......
Well Final Fantasy XI is mainstream whether you like to think of it that way or not and it was build from scratch so your whole point kind of makes no sense. What is it with people and not counting FFXI as a part of the mainstream series just because they don't like it? I don't like Final Fantasy VIII but that doesn't mean I should pretend it doesn't exist.

But let's not turn this into a debate about which Final Fantasy games were built from scratch and which weren't. Carry on.

Dreddz
09-02-2005, 10:18 PM
it was a MMORPG. Not a RPG which is the FF series is based on.
it does not count then. We havent seen Square-Enix do a RPG from scratch in the main series.......

Vaprice
09-03-2005, 02:15 AM
I as well think this will be a landmark for Final Fantasy games. I have very high hopes for the game, I hope it exceeds my expectation.

TheAbominatrix
09-03-2005, 02:51 AM
it does not count then. We havent seen Square-Enix do a RPG from scratch in the main series.......

MMORPG.

XI has a very large storyline and is just as epic as any other in the series.

Mirage
09-03-2005, 03:48 AM
I think one should include all numbered Final Fantasy games, regardless of how one would rate them. Square Enix owns the series, it is up to them which game is to be a Final Fantasy game.
That being said, I believe FFXII will be the best Final Fantasy out of all the PS and PS2 ones. But that is not because it's the "only FF they've built from scratch", which I believe to be a false statement anyway. I can't explain it, I just have a strong feeling that it will be better than anything I've seen in a long time.

Hinky the Pickle
09-03-2005, 04:55 AM
*Slaps forehead* What you fail to realise is each and every Final Fantasy game is different in some way or another, so it's really hard to define what the FF series is 'based on'. Final Fantasy is about innovating and changing. Square-Enix could make Final Fantasy XIII a third-person shooter for all we care and whether you like it or not it would still count as a mainstream game. Of course, a third-person shooter is a little more of a stretch than an MMORPG but I think you get my point.

frelumpel
09-06-2005, 06:35 PM
i dont care if it's an rpg, mmorpg, 3rd person shooter or a racing game, i just hope the storyline has been worked on as much as the rest of the game. I want mystery, death and immense confusion, FFX seemed to be too bright and jolly for the most part, although the ending was very cool, and the twists to the plot just seemed predictable, 7 and 8 were awesome, 9 was pants and dont even get me started on X-2, i just want to forget that one ever existed. I think with everything i've seen in trailers with Reks and Basch we could be in for an absolute stonker of a game (which is a good thing), and what with the game being on two dvd's, i reckon it should be a pretty long story n all.

I'm wetting myself with excitement