PDA

View Full Version : Help, did Quina die?

esterix
09-02-2005, 05:38 PM

ZuZu
09-02-2005, 05:43 PM
play and find out ;)

Sasquatch
09-02-2005, 06:13 PM
I don't really like Quina so far, but I just got her/it. So I wouldn't be too sad if she/it died.

boys from the dwarf
09-02-2005, 06:53 PM
who cares if it dies anyway? its a shame it doesnt.

Old Manus
09-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Yes, he dies.

Chris
09-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Yes, he dies.
YOU APE, YOU JUST SPOILED EV'RYTHING. *Daggers*
But... play and find out.

Hinky the Pickle
09-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Don't be hatin' on Quina. He's the comic relief. Of course, Zidane and Steiner are too. But Quina has more classic moments than any other character.

Ultima Shadow
09-02-2005, 10:24 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9349/image25sm22hf.png

TurkSlayer
09-03-2005, 06:56 AM
You can't take him with Garnet anyway. You can't leave the gate to go to the marsh.

boys from the dwarf
09-03-2005, 09:57 AM
its better with quina than without quina but zidane and steiner are loads funnier together.

Marshall Banana
09-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Awww, Quina is adorable. I love that bit in Cleyra when Zidane and the others chase Beatrix and when she stops, Quina says something like, "There no good food here, so we cook you for dinner!". For some reason that made me laugh at loud because it seemed so random.

But I'll go ahead and spoil it for you, if you haven't played to the part yet. After heading back to Lindblum (after saving Dagger, I think), you'll be told to go to the Outer Continent in hopes of finding Kuja. But to get there you have to go to Qu's Marsh. Once you get there you'll see Quina and it'll eventually take you to the entrance of...that thingamaplace that leads you to the continent. So, nope, he/she's not dead.

I think that's right....

QuinaxVivi :tongue: Muahahaha.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-03-2005, 08:50 PM
But now we have raised another question. Is Quina indeed a he, she, or it? or would "thing" be more fitting? discuss.

TurkSlayer
09-03-2005, 08:58 PM
I usually call it s/he.

Tedbear
09-06-2005, 12:25 AM
ummmm...what does quina's trance actually do...jus curious really....same goes for garnet..they both seem purdy pointless

DarkLadyNyara
09-09-2005, 07:56 PM
ummmm...what does quina's trance actually do...jus curious really....same goes for garnet..they both seem purdy pointless

Quina in Trance has a higher chance of being able to eat an enemy. As for Dagger, I think it increases the damage that her Eidolons (Don't think I spelled it right) do.

kawakami Gensai
09-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Hey Quina is a blue mage, so she still rules! (SHELL NEVER DIE!!!!)

Masamune·1600
09-09-2005, 10:21 PM
As evidenced by Quina's presence during the ending, Quina obviously does not die.

As to the matter of Quina's gender, it's certainly a topic for debate. It's obvious, though, given the fact that Quina can equip the female-only Lamia's Tiara, but is not Covered by Protect Girls, that the question is meant to be ambiguous.

The primary effect of Quina's Trance is that it changes the Eat command to Cook, a more effective version of Eat. When using the Eat command, the enemy's HP generally needs to be ≤1/8 its max HP for the command to be able to succeed. When Quina is in Trance and uses Cook, the enemy only needs to be at ≤1/4 max HP.

Garnet's Trance changes the Summon command to Eidolon. This allows limited power Eidolons to appear at intervals.

Destai
09-09-2005, 11:04 PM
As to the matter of Quina's gender, it's certainly a topic for debate. It's obvious, though, given the fact that Quina can equip the female-only Lamia's Tiara, but is not Covered by Protect Girls, that the question is meant to be ambiguous.I found it obvious that it was neither.

Crossblades
09-10-2005, 04:33 AM
But now we have raised another question. Is Quina indeed a he, she, or it? or would "thing" be more fitting? discuss.

In my opinion it's a guy

FFX_fanatiq
09-10-2005, 05:21 AM
she dies and zidane pits her in the lake with the frogs
*sniff* yes

Primus Inter Pares
09-10-2005, 06:32 AM
lol Quina, would have been better if it did die...

tranvanhieu
09-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Hehe Quina die ! And you are wrong if you think he 'll reborn.
And Quina is more than just a comic relief,hehehe.
Actually,Quina rock!
Ha can be a warrior or a mage if you know how to make him.
And who else in FFIX has enemy skill?
So pity your Quina die,hehe.

TheSpoonyBard
09-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Eidolon is only really useful if used in a long boss battle. Once summoned, an eidolon will continue to appear at regular intervals throughout the battle for as long as Garnet's Trance remains. No command will be needed other than the initial summoning, allowing Garnet to focus on curing while the eidolon attacks.

Back on topic, I think Quina is female and it is quite obvious she does not die during the course of the game.

Mr.Cal
09-11-2005, 03:18 PM
I always thought Quina was a female. She married Vivi, and may well have had kids with him.

Is Vivi dead? There is no mention of Vivi still being alive in the ending, and all his kids are identical to him anyway. I think he may have "stopped." Thoughts?

RaidenWeb17
09-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Quina is a guy. Right after you meet Quina when you talk to Quale he asks you if you will take him (meaning Quina) with you around the world to eat more and learn more abilities. And if anyone knows Quina best it would be Quale. So there. But before i found that i always thought of Quina more as a girl than a guy.

hisoka*maehara
09-30-2005, 10:35 AM
Nope, she/he's not dead. She/he comes back, don't worry. Where the heck did people get the idea that she/he's dead, anyway?

xox LiNdZ
10-04-2005, 04:07 AM
No, s/he's not dead, but I wish s/he would have died. I really didn't like Quina. I thought she was the most annoying final fantasy character out of any of the final fantasy games.

Mr.Cal
10-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Oh, come on! is VIVI dead in the ending? I'm not invisible!! Am I????

TheAbominatrix
10-04-2005, 05:53 PM
As evidenced by Quina's presence during the ending, Quina obviously does not die.

As to the matter of Quina's gender, it's certainly a topic for debate. It's obvious, though, given the fact that Quina can equip the female-only Lamia's Tiara, but is not Covered by Protect Girls, that the question is meant to be ambiguous.

DarkLadyNyara
10-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Maybe Quina's a hermaphrodite. :D

Elite Lord Sigma
10-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Maybe Quina's a hermaphrodite. :D

:lol:

GunbladeMaster
10-08-2005, 08:52 PM

they did say him or he wen referring to Quina sometimes. later in the game i noticed that they said s\he. heres scriptal evidence:

Zidane
"You want me to take him with us?"

and here is one of the s\he quotes:

Zidane
"Ha ha ha... You sound just like Quina."
"Hey, did s\he really go chasing after that moogle?"

so Quina could be a hermaphrodite :)

TheAbominatrix
10-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Yes, that is why the matter is ambiguous and meant to be.

Black Angel
10-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh, come on! is VIVI dead in the ending? I'm not invisible!! Am I????
Apparently u r.......:tongue:

crazybayman
10-27-2005, 12:29 PM
I call it a shim.

zellv2
10-27-2005, 08:05 PM
quina is fat ugly and i would not invite he/him to a resteraunt or there would be no food left she/he is stupid as well lol
find out if he/she lives .......... but who would want that fat thing in your party anyway i left out of all the partys lol unless u need he/she to be in the party :mad:

eestlinc
10-27-2005, 08:33 PM
I always thought Quina was a female. She married Vivi, and may well have had kids with him.

Is Vivi dead? There is no mention of Vivi still being alive in the ending, and all his kids are identical to him anyway. I think he may have "stopped." Thoughts?
Yes, Vivi dies. Try not to post off topic if you don't want to be ignored, though. I'm sure you could get a good thread going about Vivi and his death/life.

boys from the dwarf
10-27-2005, 09:13 PM

The primary effect of Quina's Trance is that it changes the Eat command to Cook, a more effective version of Eat. When using the Eat command, the enemy's HP generally needs to be ≤1/8 its max HP for the command to be able to succeed. When Quina is in Trance and uses Cook, the enemy only needs to be at ≤1/4 max HP.

Garnet's Trance changes the Summon command to Eidolon. This allows limited power Eidolons to appear at intervals.
about the equipment quina wears, its simple. the things a transexual.

Anaisa
10-27-2005, 09:40 PM
I think Quinas a girl, surely no one would allow Vivi to marry Quina if it was a man or a hermaphrodite?!. And Quina is a girly name plus Quinas clothes are certainly more feminine than masculine so If Quina is a man he's a cross dresser.:eek:

GunbladeMaster
10-27-2005, 09:48 PM
they mistranslated soemtimes and said he instead of
s\he

zellv2
10-27-2005, 10:05 PM
MANBEAST LOL

GunbladeMaster
10-27-2005, 10:09 PM
i wonder what Quina does with that long tongue of its ;)

zellv2
10-28-2005, 11:19 AM
i really don t want to know lol

EPIC - MASTER OF COMBAT
10-29-2005, 05:55 AM
i dont really understand this but i need a new singutatue.... poor dagger

TurkSlayer
10-29-2005, 06:18 AM
I think Quinas a girl, surely no one would allow Vivi to marry Quina if it was a man or a hermaphrodite?!. And Quina is a girly name plus Quinas clothes are certainly more feminine than masculine so If Quina is a man he's a cross dresser.:eek:

I'm not sure anyone actually wanted to check what gender he was. That would get... strange and uncomfortable. And he wears chef clothing. Sure, its pink, but most jocks wear pink now (for reasons I don't understand) and no one things THAT looks girly.

By the way, Quina rules. I'm probably the only one in this thread who is willing to say that.

Anaisa
10-29-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure anyone actually wanted to check what gender he was. That would get... strange and uncomfortable. And he wears chef clothing. Sure, its pink, but most jocks wear pink now (for reasons I may understand) and no one things THAT looks girly.
I think it looks girly big bunch of pansies. Anyway its not just the pink its the bow on the collar and the shoes and the frill of the hat. And if you see any jocks wearing frilly hats and bows on their collars and shoes please post pictures i like to laugh.:lol:

GunbladeMaster
10-29-2005, 08:59 PM

3 Pink Men

Anaisa
10-30-2005, 01:39 PM
:kaolaugh:

fflover100
11-05-2005, 09:26 PM
hey! Quina is male!!! on disk one when u just get him leave Qu's marsh then re-enter then talk 2 Quale and Quale will say he not him/her

GunbladeMaster
11-05-2005, 09:28 PM
i know they say in the beginning of the game he and him and his all the time
but kater they keep saying s\he

marc
11-06-2005, 06:46 AM
I think Quinas a girl, surely no one would allow Vivi to marry Quina if it was a man or a hermaphrodite?!.

There dwarf people with Scottish accents, I doubt they'd mind.

Anaisa
11-06-2005, 10:03 PM
If they thought Quina was a hermaphrodite there is no way they'd have let him/her marry Vivi they'd have wanted him/ her for themselves.