Eternal Dark Night
09-02-2005, 09:00 PM
ya this show kicks ass come on atleast one loser watches this show :confused:

Jojee
09-02-2005, 09:03 PM
No, I do not approve >;o

Cloud No.9
09-02-2005, 09:06 PM
it is good but calling people losers doesn't curry favour.

Eternal Dark Night
09-02-2005, 09:07 PM
maybe because kenny dies all the time and theres alot of gross seans maybe i should started of with RENO 911. Hay i called my self a loser why did ya think i said 1

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-02-2005, 09:09 PM
South Park is a show that's been going on for over eight years now and is, if anything, much better than when it started. Stone and Parker realized they weren't going to be able to coast on the shock value of eight-year-olds swearing forever, so they increased the "bizarre social commentary" aspect of the show, making it much more interesting and entertaining and also ensuring that they'll never run out of material.

And Baseketball is a really great movie.

Rye
09-02-2005, 09:12 PM
It's a funny show. :)

Eternal Dark Night
09-02-2005, 09:12 PM
whatever he said was right even though im 12 but i still don't get it honestly

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-02-2005, 09:14 PM
There's also a unique musical element to the show. It seems like every other episode has a completely original vocal song, either to serve as background music or for Cartman to gaily sing as he mingles among American colonists in the 1770s, impersonates Jennifer Lopez, or attempts to cleanse his soul in preparation for ascension to Heaven.

Eternal Dark Night
09-02-2005, 09:18 PM
There's also a unique musical element to the show. It seems like every other episode has a completely original vocal song, either to serve as background music or for Cartman to gaily sing as he mingles among American colonists in the 1770s, impersonates Jennifer Lopez, or attempts to cleanse his soul in preparation for ascension to Heaven.
wow im guessing you like south park too much awell maybe you should of made this not me but why dosn't kenny die in the new eposisodes

Channing
09-02-2005, 09:23 PM
I used to like it back when I was in middleschool because it was a big hit. Now it's just overrated. After the movie came out in theaters it just lost it's zing. The whole "You killed Kenny!" / "Respect my authoritai!" / "Hey guys!" / got really old. I just don't enjoy the program anymore.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Kenny's deaths got old, basically. Kenny's death generally required Stan and Kyle's chant of "Oh my god, they killed Kenny! You bastards," and after being used for a matter of years, there was just no comedy to that routine anymore. It's the same reason "Cartman, what the hell are you talking about" or "Screw you guys, I'm going home" are no longer viable punchlines.

Also, after being killed so many times, I like to see Kenny be able to survive entire episodes. It's like he's earned it.

Hawkeye
09-02-2005, 09:30 PM
BASEketball was a great movie.

South Park is awesome, but I wish that... nah, its an awesome show ^^

Lindy
09-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Except they kept him dead and replaced him with Tweek, ne?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-02-2005, 09:39 PM
The "replace Kenny" angle only lasted for a about a year. He died "permanently" at the end of Season 5, and then he was magically resurrected at the end of Season 6, and barring an escapade where he had to wage a war in Heaven using the Sony PSP, he's been kicking around on this mortal coil ever since.
The whole "You killed Kenny!" / "Respect my authoritai!" / "Hey guys!" / got really old.I agree, which is why it's nice that "Respect my authoritah" hasn't been used in about five years, "They killed Kenny" hasn't been used in over three years, and in general, the show doesn't rely on catchphrases at all anymore.

Lindy
09-02-2005, 09:44 PM
I must be behind in the times, the last series I saw was with Kenny dead and Butters as an evil genius.

Dreddz
09-02-2005, 09:44 PM
better than when it started.
It really isnt. The older episodes were alot more funny. But it probably would of been for the best to change the style of it.
Ive got all episodes from 101 - 907
The last couple of episodes were quite funny.
Season 2 was the best. Season 8 and 9 have clearly changed the style of things.But 801 is considered the best by some, Other than 501.
My favourite episode is 314. Funny as hell.....

SomethingBig
09-02-2005, 09:50 PM
The very beginning of Season 7 was the pinnacle of the series, IMO.

GooeyToast
09-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Old episode are better, but still a hilarious show.

Skarr
09-02-2005, 10:02 PM
i think the earlier episodes were much better than the most recent batch...not saying the new ones suck...i just like the earlier ones...my favs include the lord of the sex tape one...the cartman's a cop one...the one when they first discovered towelie and so many more...but i think chappelles the best show on comedy central right now...i love that show!!

GooeyToast
09-02-2005, 10:28 PM
i think the earlier episodes were much better than the most recent batch...not saying the new ones suck...i just like the earlier ones...my favs include the lord of the sex tape one...the cartman's a cop one...the one when they first discovered towelie and so many more...but i think chappelles the best show on comedy central right now...i love that show!!

or was

Eternal Dark Night
09-02-2005, 11:35 PM
what do you guys think about that fatass kid Carmen honestly what kind of name is that?kennys deaths are getting old but they way they said it''Omy god! they killed Kenny those basturds!!!!'' it was perfect.

Shoeberto
09-03-2005, 04:10 AM
Kishi's words are the words I'm too tired to type. Get out of my brain.

Also, the ninja episode is the best one ever so stop debating.

GooeyToast
09-03-2005, 04:18 AM
what do you guys think about that fatass kid Carmen honestly what kind of name is that?kennys deaths are getting old but they way they said it''Omy god! they killed Kenny those basturds!!!!'' it was perfect.

Cartman is his last name

ThroneofDravaris
09-03-2005, 05:33 AM
While the show is still very funny, I don’t really like the direction they’ve taken it as of late. They have far more gross out humor than they used to (eg. Paris Hilton ends up in Mr slaves arse…, the “let’s all have sex with each other to stop the future” gimmick etc.) which seems to be replacing some of the more subtle, tasteful humor.

And they have been milking the “my parents are hypocritical idiots” for far to long now…

Still a very good show though, despite the late trend. Although I would have to say my favorite episode would be “Spontaneous Combustion”

Mr. Marsh: Not now, Stan! I have to find out what causes spontaneous combustion or else.
Stan: Or else what?
Mr. Marsh: Exactly
Stan: What?
Mr. Marsh: Right

GooeyToast
09-03-2005, 05:41 AM
While the show is still very funny, I don’t really like the direction they’ve taken it as of late. They have far more gross out humor than they used to (eg. Paris Hilton ends up in Mr slaves arse…, the “let’s all have sex with each other to stop the future” gimmick etc.) which seems to be replacing some of the more subtle, tasteful humor.

And they have been milking the “my parents are hypocritical idiots” for far to long now…

Still a very good show though, despite the late trend. Although I would have to say my favorite episode would be “Spontaneous Combustion”

Mr. Marsh: Not now, Stan! I have to find out what causes spontaneous combustion or else.
Stan: Or else what?
Mr. Marsh: Exactly
Stan: What?
Mr. Marsh: Right

Agreed

Shlup
09-03-2005, 06:22 AM
It's my favorite show. If you knew how much I knew about this show you would be shocked and appauled, so I'm just going to hide behind Kishi's knowledge and say he wins.

Hawkeye
09-03-2005, 07:14 AM
Wasnt there something like a trivia thread some time ago Shulp about South Park that you just dominated or something, or would this be entitled in one of my bizzare fantasies? :confused:

Shlup
09-03-2005, 08:29 AM
I... don't remember that, but I have a poor memory so it's possible.

JcM
09-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Satire disguised as toilet humour, brilliant. I do love the angle with they look at the world from a twisted 8 year olds mind.
The show has allways recived a mix review as it was gloryfied by 13 year olds who reveled in it's crude aspects, which were never really the point of the show. Some people never gave it the time it deserves in my simple opinion.

fire_of_avalon
09-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Kishi's words are the words I'm too tired to type. Get out of my brain.

Also, the ninja episode is the best one ever so stop debating.

*nod*
In our house, South Park is a family affair. We gather to watch it. xD

XxSephirothxX
09-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Scott Tennorman Must Die made me laugh harder than just about anything else I've seen in my life.

Del Murder
09-03-2005, 05:14 PM
South Park gets a little too crude sometimes, but when they aren't being gross I think it's great.

Dreddz
09-03-2005, 05:28 PM
South Park gets a little too crude sometimes, but when they aren't being gross I think it's great.
yep, some episodes are quite nasty, butters lipo Sucion is one. Or cartman hiding in a ladys body.....

Polnareff
09-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Wasnt there something like a trivia thread some time ago Shulp about South Park that you just dominated or something, or would this be entitled in one of my bizzare fantasies? :confused:

Oh, man, and I missed it? I would have been the one to dominate, I'm sure >=D

My favorite episode is "It Hits The Fan", which spoofs, apparently, an episode of a cop show IRL (I forget which one), where one of the characters accidentally says the "S" word. I can't confirm that because I don't watch cop shows, but there ya go :P

But in the cop show on the episode, the character in question who says it first says it in a really low voice ("You, uh, got a little bit of **** on the side of your mouth there"), so that could be true.

I like how "It Hits The Fan" wore the fun out of the "S" word by having it be said 162 times in a 23-minute episode O_o Plus, it kinda broke a TV barrier (about a year later they started airing "South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut on CC, uncensored, and then went on to show many other uncensored movies at night later on in the year)

The episode "Hooked on Monkey Fonics" was my other favorite episode just because Cartman had the spell the word "chair" and couldn't :P

Shlup
09-03-2005, 11:14 PM
I've always been bad at picking favorites, so I don't have a favorite episode. The only episode I don't particularly like is "Butt Out." " Something Wall-Mart This Way Comes" wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly funny either. The rest are gold though.

GooeyToast
09-03-2005, 11:15 PM
I love the Kathy Lee episode

Destai
09-03-2005, 11:15 PM
All the episodes Ive seen were extremely entertaing so I watch it whenever its on.

Shoeberto
09-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Scott Tennorman Must Die made me laugh harder than just about anything else I've seen in my life.
I forgot about that one xD It was number one on their list of most offensive South Park episodes, obviously for a reason. My first time watching it I about died laughing.

The only episode I don't particularly like is "Butt Out."
Is that the one where they try really hard to legitimatize cigarrettes? Yeah, that was so stupid. Especially the part in the tobacco museum where they say that tobacco was so popular that slaves had to be brought into America, so without tobacco, "our black friends wouldn't be here today." Completely looking over the horrors of the slave trade. Yeah, that one was horrible.

Destai
09-03-2005, 11:24 PM
I forgot about that one xD It was number one on their list of most offensive South Park episodes, obviously for a reason. My first time watching it I about died laughing.
Is that the one with the tall red headed guy who stole two dollars or something from cartman? That episode was the highlight of my life xD

GooeyToast
09-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Yes, and then he ends up making Scott eat his parents. :cool:

jrgen
09-03-2005, 11:32 PM
My favourite episode is probably when all the parents hear about how common child abuse is so they make the Chinese guy build a wall around South Park. Then they become aware that most instances of child abuse is done by family members and have to send their children away.

GooeyToast
09-03-2005, 11:34 PM
"Goddamn Mongolions! Tear down my 'ciy wall!"

Flamethrower
09-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Great show. Agreed that it gets better every season. Off the top of my head, my favorite episode would be the giant douche vs. turd sandwich one, for making fun of the elections, P. Diddy's "Vote or Die", and PETA all in one episode. I love this line:

Stan: I just don't see the importance of choosing between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.
Randy Marsh: Don't you get it, Stan? It's always been between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Almost every election since the beginning of time has been between some douche and some turd.

I also loved the episode where the boys were arrested for illegally downloading music, soley for the priceless scene where the agent was showing the boys how depressed the music artists were for being <i>slightly</i> less rich due to music downloading programs.

Shlup
09-24-2005, 12:13 AM
Actually it was the PETA guy that said that, not Randy Marsh. It was a good episode nonetheless though.

Sapphiresea
09-24-2005, 12:24 AM
South park is Awsome!!:D

Shoden
09-24-2005, 12:24 AM
I just watched the episode where Kyle's mother attempts a Terrance and Phillip along with Stan getting nagged by gramps to kill him.

The Filecreator
09-25-2005, 08:47 PM
southpark is cool, but they dont approve it in holland.
so i didnt see it for a long, long time....
but the jokephrase of "OMG, they killed kenny" is known to everybody.
i hope that i can make something as big as southpark one of these days...
got anny ideas?

GooeyToast
09-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Make the real life story of all the Disney characters, but make them drug-addicted has-beens.

The Filecreator
09-26-2005, 07:58 PM
good one :D
but i dont think that the parents would vind it amusing,
the little kids wil get traumatised,
and people around a age of 16/20 wil vind it funny at the start,
and then they wil say its crap on forums like this one...
i mean, did you visit the thread about pokemon?
geez! :mad:

Karl
09-26-2005, 08:34 PM
"a prostitute is somebody who loves you no matter who you are or what you look liiike"

damn forgot how to make the music note

Dreddz
09-26-2005, 09:37 PM
when does the rest of series 9 come back online ?

Flamethrower
11-18-2005, 01:03 AM
Did anyone catch last night's episode about Scientology? My god, one of the funniest South Park episodes I have ever seen. Everything was brilliantly done. Best parts (put in spoiler tags for those who havn't seen the episode yet):

1) Tom Cruise "In the closet". Yes, it's an old and somewhat predictable joke, but they managed to make it hilarious.
2) John Travolta talking.
3) R. Kelly singing about the situation.
4) When the leader was telling the story to Stan, the caption that read "THIS IS WHAT SCIENTOLOGIST ACTUALLY BELIEVE"
5) At the end when they threatened to sue, the credits came up with each name being "John Smith" or "Jane Smith".

God bless Stone and Parker.

Shlup
11-18-2005, 01:07 AM
I agree with Flamethrower.

P.S. R. Kelly's urban opera "Trapped in the Closet" is the greatest thing ever. Watch it.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-18-2005, 01:09 AM

Flamethrower
11-18-2005, 01:30 AM
The only episode I don't particularly like is "Butt Out."

The only episode I didn't like was "Tweek vs. Craig". The whole plot with Tweek and Craig wasn't really funny at all and the plot with the shop teacher and his dead wife was bizarre but you felt like there was going to be some funny pay-off at the end, but there wasn't. That was the only episode of South Park where I never laughed.

"Butt Out" was dumb because of the message behind it but I still laughed when the obese actor was chugging down hamburgers while talking about how unhealthy cigarrettes were.

Shlup
11-18-2005, 01:32 AM
I liked "Tweek vs. Craig" 'cause I like Tweek and Craig, and 'cause Kenny being in home ec. amused me. The thing with the wife was hillarious to. Have you listened to the commentary for that episode? Matt and Trey are talking about those scenes is hillarious.

Dreddz
11-18-2005, 04:49 PM
I must just mention that the Ginger Kids episode twas funny ......
Daywalkers XD

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-18-2005, 10:18 PM
loveit

Destai
11-18-2005, 11:55 PM
Im watching the Michael Jackson episode. Poor Blanket :_:

oh god, They just took off Kennys coat. He was talking and all.

Sweet Beloved
11-18-2005, 11:57 PM
I luv South Park. I luv Kenny. *Even though he dies all the time* And Cartman. XD

Shlup
11-19-2005, 12:01 AM
oh god, They just took off Kennys coat. He was talking and all.
That's almost the entire reason that's one of my favorite episodes. The first time I watched it I freaked out. xD

Dreddz
11-19-2005, 12:05 AM
werent that amazing .....

Destai
11-19-2005, 12:05 AM
That's almost the entire reason that's one of my favorite episodes. The first time I watched it I freaked out. xDEven after Kyle said the whole "omg-..." thing it still took me a minute to realise what just happened.

and I genuinely got a shock when blanket pulled off Jerrerson's nose xD

ThroneofDravaris
11-19-2005, 12:22 AM
If you didn’t see that coming… you don’t know a whole deal about Michael Jackson.

IMO, Cartman’s Mom’s Still a Dirty Slut is easily the best episode in the series.

Destai
11-19-2005, 12:31 AM
IMO, Cartman’s Mom’s Still a Dirty Slut is easily the best episode in the series.....[Limited Edition- As seen in the episode "Cartmans Mom is Still A Dirty Slut"

CaZ!
11-22-2005, 10:00 PM
like dude
BLAME CANADA

Dreddz
11-22-2005, 10:02 PM
For the first time, South Park has taught me something, its that Scientology is a load of b****cks ....

Shlup
11-22-2005, 10:08 PM
I like that they put "THIS IS WHAT SCIENTOLOGISTS ACTUALLY BELIEVE" or whatever. xD

'Cause I think for All About Mormons people thought they made it up, and I know people thought they made NAMBLA up. haha

And they made everyones names Jane Smith or John Smith at the end 'cause they new Tom Cruise was going to sue them. xD

*Nani*
12-06-2005, 03:25 AM
southpark is great i have the first movie!! its great!!! shut ur f$%·" face uncle f$·%"!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
12-06-2005, 06:47 AM
I've been watching South Park since the beginning.
Season 2 is the best!
Sexual Harrassment Panda, Ike's Wee Wee, and Roger Ebert Should Lay Off The Fatty Foods have to be my fave episodes.
My only complaint is that they need to have Terrance and Philip around more because I think they're hilarious.
^_^

Dreddz
12-06-2005, 04:54 PM
I demand a Mecha Streisand 2, that would be beyond awesome .....

Itsunari 2000
12-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery - hilarious spoof of Scooby Doo ...

HALLOWEEN IS AN ABOMINATION OF GOD !

Shlup
12-06-2005, 06:45 PM
I demand a Mecha Streisand 2, that would be beyond awesome .....
But Robert Smith defeated her!

Dreddz
12-06-2005, 07:28 PM
But Robert Smith defeated her!
A Resurection ?

Captain Maxx Power
12-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Rob Sneider is...A Carrot! Rated PG-13.

/\ /\ Best Episode Ever.

Dreddz
12-06-2005, 08:09 PM
I thought the stapler was funnier .....