PDA

View Full Version : How do you want to die thread (Evangelion Spoilers)

Destai
09-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Im only starting this thread because Im hoping someone will start talking about Asuka. Its the best death scene ever. I want to die in a really big robot. So how do you want to die?

Some pice from my fanboy collection*attatches*

edit: How dod you want to die? Aw crap.

Rye
09-02-2005, 11:47 PM
In my sleep or by lethal injection so I don't feel pain.

Shlup
09-02-2005, 11:56 PM
She doesn't die. Did you not watch the whole thing? Pfft. You're fired.

Destai
09-02-2005, 11:59 PM
She doesn't die. Did you not watch the whole thing? Pfft. You're fired.Just because shes alive at the end doesnt mean she didnt die : p

Shlup
09-03-2005, 12:00 AM
I-I-I... what?

It was a cool scene though.

Destai
09-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Im sure there are plenty of eva viewers who wouldnt have been happy with the ending unless she died a horrible painful death. Very cool scene though. It makes my fanboi go w00-sh

boris no no
09-03-2005, 12:06 AM
and....what?

well i like that scence rather awesome. the music is great <3
but yeah i'd like to die in bed with a lot of naked men around me
i'm going to be a cool old woman! xD

Peegee
09-03-2005, 12:13 AM
I want to / will die screaming.

That is unless I truly am immortal. I haven't died yet so I'm pretty confident I am.

Hawkeye
09-03-2005, 12:15 AM
I wanna die like Owen Meany

Levian
09-03-2005, 12:22 AM
I want to die while making love to any former Prime Minister of the conservative party of the UK that is female.

bipper
09-03-2005, 12:28 AM
Thronofdarvis is gonna make sure you suffer the sam efate i am sure. Or will prolly correct you. Asuka does die though right? The end was Nod, or so i thought. :D

When I go I want it to be peaceful in my bed when I turn 100 years old. If not that I would like to go during the end times.

bipper

Erased
09-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Just to die is enough.

Medi
09-03-2005, 01:07 AM
How do I wanna die? Falling off a cliff, facing the sky and my back facing the ground. It would be such a rush. It would make a splat though, eeww. I'd only do that if I had an uncurable disease or something.

Doomie
09-03-2005, 01:17 AM
Saving someone's life, or drowning in jello. Or maybe driving down a highway, and then an aeroplane will all of a sudden plummet from the sky and crush me.

fire_of_avalon
09-03-2005, 01:44 AM
Happy. Like Owen Meany, too. *loves Hawk*

udsuna
09-03-2005, 02:01 AM
I'm going to be about 80 years old, climbing out of the window of a 22 year old when her jealous husband comes home unexpectedly early.

Teek
09-03-2005, 02:09 AM
In all seriousness, I want to die in my sleep, preferrably after one hundred. I'm not one of those people who thinks that living a long life is a bad thing. I really hope to live a long, productive life.

GooeyToast
09-03-2005, 02:18 AM
With my shield in hand

*salutes*

Black Mage
09-03-2005, 02:25 AM
Great, Evangelion was just double spoiled for me. I know it's pretty old, but putting the spoiler right in the topic's name? Not cool.

As for dying, I'd rather go in my sleep.

Lindy
09-03-2005, 02:51 AM
Dying in our sleep is a luxury most are not afforded.

ThroneofDravaris
09-03-2005, 03:03 AM
Damn you bipper…

Anyway

******SPOILERS*******

It is unclear whether Asuka dies during her fight with the Mass Produced Eva Series or whether she is simply wounded. We see her arm get torn in half within the entry plug, but seeing as though Eva pilots only suffer the pain of the Eva’s, and not physical damage, I would say that this scene and the scene when we see her bleeding from the eye are visual representations of pain and nothing else.

We do know that Asuka was included in instrumentality (RE: the scene where Shinji strangles the life out of the bitch in his mind), but that is meaningless in determining the nature of her existence at this point, as Misato is also included in Instrumentality, yet she had clearly been blown to hell at this point (if you freeze frame her death scene, you can actually see her body get torn in half by the explosion…fun).

Even the final scene is ambiguous, because it’s hard to tell whether that is really Asuka we see in the end, or whether it is a manifestation of Shinji’s desires for all 3 women (ie, Asuka’s body, Rei vulnerability and Misato’s caring personality).

Yeah, so kind of difficult. I personally think that she died and that Shinji brought her back in the end (or more Lilith decided that he needed her more than anyone else). We know that Misato is not brought back, because we see her cross nailed to a pole (nice bit of irony there) as testament of her death. The lines “how disgusting” or “I feel sick” seem to imply that this is the real Asuka and not just some desirable apparition, but you would have to ask Anno what it ment if you want the truth, and he’s not exactly the ‘sociable’ type…

Anyway, in answer to your question, I would probably want to die not with a bang, but a whimper.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
09-03-2005, 03:03 AM
...in a bed...?!

Meat Puppet
09-03-2005, 03:22 AM
I want to be tied to a stick and be beaten to death by Joel, as I throw comments at him about Chun Li, Grand theft auto, and Kane.

Behold the Void
09-03-2005, 03:38 AM
Older spoilers don't need to be tagged, but keep them out of the thread title.

Cless
09-03-2005, 03:45 AM
I want to die before I reach the stage where I struggle to make it to the toilet on time. I'd like to croak it with at least that last smidgen of dignity still intact.

But this thread is about how to die. Umm, let me see. In my sleep.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-03-2005, 03:59 AM
I want to die when it is my time. I hope it is quick and painless, but that is just want I want. I hope I died, knowing I did some good in this world, even if it is the simplest or smallest of things.

kikimm
09-03-2005, 04:05 AM
A lot of people say that they want to die in their sleep, and I understand that and everything, becuse that's what I used to want, but really thinking about that....that's pretty creepy. When you get old, do you really want to be thinking "Is this the night? Is this the one that I won't wake up from? What do I do just in case?" or something. Eh....so I don't really know how I want to die. =(

Mitch
09-03-2005, 06:55 AM
I want to die underneath Kylie Minogue

Leene
09-03-2005, 08:14 AM
:save:as Asuka said before her fight with Eva series
-i don't wanna die-.:save:

Raven Nox
09-03-2005, 08:26 AM
Umm... I learned things about EVA I didn't know *To lazy to watch the thing, I have seen the beginning episodes and the last few ones though* Oh well. XD I'll watch it all some time.

Anyway... I kinda wanna die by sword. O.o I don't know why, it'd be kinda nice if I was a "Go out fighting" type of person, but in this day and age... maybe old age, but I don't really wanna live to be really old. o.O I don't know, I just know I don't wanna die for a while.

Crop
09-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Im only starting this thread because Im hoping someone will start talking about Asuka. Its the best death scene ever. I want to die in a really big robot. So how do you want to die?

Some pice from my fanboy collection*attatches*

edit: How dod you want to die? Aw crap.

No way the best death scene ever is at the end of the film scarface.
Id want to die peacefully in my sleep.

loza
09-03-2005, 08:47 AM
I want to die underneath Kylie Minogue

thank god u didn't say Hillary duff! *shudders*
that what 1 of my other friends at skool whould want to do! (he's a complete sicko)

but if i had to die now it whould be in the mosh pit of a Green Day concert :love:

Destai
09-03-2005, 09:19 AM
well i like that scence rather awesome. the music is great <3Yes I love the music, the last piece playing in her fight with the evas is "Passage of emptiness" and it sounds so epic, Im happy someone mentioned it.
Damn you bipper…

Anyway

******SPOILERS*******

It is unclear whether Asuka dies during her fight with the Mass Produced Eva Series or whether she is simply wounded. We see her arm get torn in half within the entry plug, but seeing as though Eva pilots only suffer the pain of the Eva’s, and not physical damage, I would say that this scene and the scene when we see her bleeding from the eye are visual representations of pain and nothing else.

We do know that Asuka was included in instrumentality (RE: the scene where Shinji strangles the life out of the bitch in his mind), but that is meaningless in determining the nature of her existence at this point, as Misato is also included in Instrumentality, yet she had clearly been blown to hell at this point (if you freeze frame her death scene, you can actually see her body get torn in half by the explosion…fun).

Even the final scene is ambiguous, because it’s hard to tell whether that is really Asuka we see in the end, or whether it is a manifestation of Shinji’s desires for all 3 women (ie, Asuka’s body, Rei vulnerability and Misato’s caring personality).

Yeah, so kind of difficult. I personally think that she died and that Shinji brought her back in the end (or more Lilith decided that he needed her more than anyone else). We know that Misato is not brought back, because we see her cross nailed to a pole (nice bit of irony there) as testament of her death. The lines “how disgusting” or “I feel sick” seem to imply that this is the real Asuka and not just some desirable apparition, but you would have to ask Anno what it ment if you want the truth, and he’s not exactly the ‘sociable’ type…

Anyway, in answer to your question, I would probably want to die not with a bang, but a whimper. I havent given it too much thought but I think she died and the blood pouring from her eye was real (I love it when she yanks at the powerless eva controls screaming as blood pours from her eye) real.

The second paragraph is confusing me. The first time he strangles the life out of the bitch was (Im pretty confident to say) only in Shinjis mind as Rei and Kaoru delved inside him. At that point in the movie everyone was still alive and panicking because of Liliths appearance. The Shinji strangles her and then intrumentality begins.

Yes Im confident thats Asuka in the end. Im sure that both the opening scene when Shinji calls out for comatose Asuka and jacks off to her, When he calls out to her and strangles her in his mind, and the ending scene when he begins to strangle her, are all meant to be connected as Shinji confronting Asuka. In the first scene he told her he was scared of Ayanami and Misato. Thats sayng to me shes the one hes looking for comfort from. Not the other two.

I think "how pathethic" was just meant to be Shinjis final kick in the balls after all hes gone through in the series and the movie. Just the final sign that even after being rejected before and all the damaged it caused, wether he likes it or not its gonna happen again.
Great, Evangelion was just double spoiled for me. I know it's pretty old, but putting the spoiler right in the topic's name? Not cool.Aw crap sorry about that.

Nod
09-03-2005, 10:49 AM
IMPLOSION

or Id like to jump out of a plane and skydive to my death.

UWAOOOOU
09-03-2005, 04:49 PM
I'd like to die as Asuka dies also funny enough.

ThroneofDravaris
09-03-2005, 05:21 PM
I havent given it too much thought but I think she died and the blood pouring from her eye was real (I love it when she yanks at the powerless eva controls screaming as blood pours from her eye) real.

I don't see how it could be real...unless it was caused by mental trauma, and I’m not sure whether that can happen.

The second paragraph is confusing me. The first time he strangles the life out of the bitch was (Im pretty confident to say) only in Shinjis mind as Rei and Kaoru delved inside him. At that point in the movie everyone was still alive and panicking because of Liliths appearance. The Shinji strangles her and then intrumentality begins.
Yeah, bad example on my part. That was before instrumentality had ‘officially’ begun. A better example then would be when he is on the train, and Asuka tells him she “knows all about his little jerk-off fantacies”.

Yes Im confident thats Asuka in the end. Im sure that both the opening scene when Shinji calls out for comatose Asuka and jacks off to her, When he calls out to her and strangles her in his mind, and the ending scene when he begins to strangle her, are all meant to be connected as Shinji confronting Asuka. In the first scene he told her he was scared of Ayanami and Misato. Thats sayng to me shes the one hes looking for comfort from. Not the other two.

I get the feeling that if Asuka wasn’t in a coma at this point, he would be just as afraid of her as he is anyone else. Talking to her when it was impossible for her to reject him was just another way for him to “run away”. It’s true though, Asuka is the only one that can possibly fulfill Shinji’s desires. Misato has become too much of a mother figure to him, and Rei is essentially only a masturbation fantasy; her flesh couldn’t possibly sustain him.

I think "how pathethic" was just meant to be Shinjis final kick in the balls after all hes gone through in the series and the movie. Just the final sign that even after being rejected before and all the damaged it caused, wether he likes it or not its gonna happen again
Actually, I always considered the final lines as Anno’s way of saying “You all suck for making me change the ending”.

bipper
09-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Asuka did die, as everyone did. Thier spirit was sent to the moon (The most prominant angel, as suggested by the lance of loginous being attracted to it) This is based of a Judhist and Christain rooted great moon theorom which is explained in the show. Thier spirit was going to be sent (to the sun?) somewhere, and Shinji being encapulated in (or assended to) a man made god. When he first appears in his eva, he is compared to satan as he awakens his angels (the production series) and unlocks the three of life - or in essence prehapse, the key to the gates of hell. The happenings from here on in just boggle me :)

As far as Asuka at the end goes, Shinji is trapped on earth, or earth/hell, or in hell, or in NOD. I believe this is to be NOD, as his mother appears on him (awkwerd) as she is comparable to Lilith. This would also be supported as when (bible spoiler! :eek: ) Cain was banished to the lands of Nod, he was filled with remorse, self-doubt and showed affliction from killing his brother. Shinji felt this same guilt as well. To me, the story of Neon Genesis Evangelion, is a testement to a new begining, and I think it is mostly tied into the book of Genesis :) But /shrug.

All of this is left to interpetation though. And that is the best part.

If any of this is inacurate its cause I am hung over and going of memory lol :)

Bipper

Shoden
09-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Take others with me.

Old Manus
09-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Listening to Crazy Frog on a continuous loop

ThroneofDravaris
09-03-2005, 06:39 PM
In relation to Bipper's post:

Yes, obviously Asuka did die, as she was included in instrumentality, but whether she died at the hands of the Mass Produced Eva's, or simple went 'pop' like the rest of them is still undetermined.

Those bible references are interesting and might hold some significance, but remember that Eva simply uses religious devices as a median for character development, and follows no real biblical legend.

Rye
09-03-2005, 07:04 PM

I don't wish that kind of death on anyone. xD

Aurey
09-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Murder. By someone with something.

Laugh at face of Danger
09-03-2005, 07:29 PM
we use the crazy frog for psychological warfare!

I'd like to die fighting for a cause i believe in!

Destai
09-03-2005, 07:34 PM
I havent given it too much thought but I think she died and the blood pouring from her eye was real (I love it when she yanks at the powerless eva controls screaming as blood pours from her eye) real.

I don't see how it could be real...unless it was caused by mental trauma, and I’m not sure whether that can happen. Heh, for all I know the staff threw away the shows logic just to make it more epic. I can remember the staff on one of the audios constantly repeating the words "Its a japanese anime, You dont get answers, you get questions".

Yes Im confident thats Asuka in the end. Im sure that both the opening scene when Shinji calls out for comatose Asuka and jacks off to her, When he calls out to her and strangles her in his mind, and the ending scene when he begins to strangle her, are all meant to be connected as Shinji confronting Asuka. In the first scene he told her he was scared of Ayanami and Misato. Thats saying to me shes the one hes looking for comfort from. Not the other two.

I get the feeling that if Asuka wasn’t in a coma at this point, he would be just as afraid of her as he is anyone else. Talking to her when it was impossible for her to reject him was just another way for him to “run away”. It’s true though, Asuka is the only one that can possibly fulfill Shinji’s desires. Misato has become too much of a mother figure to him, and Rei is essentially only a masturbation fantasy; her flesh couldn’t possibly sustain him. But he practically called out for her the same way in his mind as he did in the opening scene. The only difference was that she responded.

I think "how pathethic" was just meant to be Shinjis final kick in the balls after all hes gone through in the series and the movie. Just the final sign that even after being rejected before and all the damaged it caused, wether he likes it or not its gonna happen again
Actually, I always considered the final lines as Anno’s way of saying “You all suck for making me change the ending”.Haha that could well be a hidden message but Id have to go with my interpretation as far as storyline goes. On a side note there are plenty of people who think the end of evangelion was what Anno originally wanted to do but wasnt able to because of time restrictions etc.

Boosk
09-03-2005, 08:00 PM
:( I don't want to die....

But I know I have to :( so I'd like to die without knowing please.

Kagga :love:

bipper
09-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Throney:
Tep, but the End of Evangelion was aimed at insulting all of the maleveont fans whom sent death threats and such in retalioation for a hoorid (to some) ending. The series was closeley related to religon but did not use it as a road map, I agree with this. The End Of Evangelion was made to insult everyone's depiction of the characters, and end the series in the most " FU " Way possible. I loved it. Part of the insult he was hurling was at the people whom depicted Neon Genesis Evangelion as a recreation of the bible and such. I never have, but religion is a topic of intrest to me, thus my appeal to the religious overtones of the series. :)

Cheers to Neon Genesis Evangelion :beer:

Bipper

Xaven
09-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Quickly

KoShiatar
09-03-2005, 08:34 PM
I want to die when I'm wise enough to accept it.

Karl
09-03-2005, 09:14 PM
i wanna die pain-free, also b-4 i get too old to care for myself, which makes me want to take up smoking cuz on the show becker, some 1 told him every cigarette takes an hour off his life and he said somethin like yea but those are the years where u crap urself and ur kids dont visit

Destai
09-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Throney:
Tep, but the End of Evangelion was aimed at insulting all of the maleveont fans whom sent death threats and such in retalioation for a hoorid (to some) ending. The series was closeley related to religon but did not use it as a road map, I agree with this. The End Of Evangelion was made to insult everyone's depiction of the characters, and end the series in the most " FU " Way possible. I loved it. Part of the insult he was hurling was at the people whom depicted Neon Genesis Evangelion as a recreation of the bible and such. I never have, but religion is a topic of intrest to me, thus my appeal to the religious overtones of the series. :)

Cheers to Neon Genesis Evangelion :beer:

BipperWhat? Why is that? Those fans the eva staff were supposedly trying to flip off were the ones who absaloutely adored the movie more than anyone else. And just for the sake of it;

the last two episodes were absaloutely crap, with or without some hidden meaning or agenda behind them. Sorry if Im not deep enough to call a bunch of flashbacks and "The last 20 episodes never really happened...Congratulations!" a half decent finale.

Karl
09-03-2005, 09:16 PM
we use the crazy frog for psychological warfare!

I'd like to die fighting for a cause i believe in!
that too, and god i hate tat crazyfrog bull :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: