PDA

View Full Version : Theatres

guffman
09-03-2005, 12:54 AM
i dont suppose this is going to theatres is it? Cause as awesome as that would be i think id have to wear a ski mask to it...I have a rep to keep up, yo! :cool:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-03-2005, 01:35 AM
i think there doing thereate for 2 weeks...................in japan?............ne wayz, i think it would be kinda weird if they put it in theartes cuz of the cg graphics and all

TheAbominatrix
09-03-2005, 02:39 AM
Because of the cg graphics? You mean like Toy Story, Shrek, and Finding Nemo?

Anyway, there is no HUGE draw to this movie for the average American population so it wont see a wide-spread theatre release. We may see limited releases, and certainly colleges and indie movie theatres will show it. Dont expect it to be a large release.

Shoden
09-03-2005, 02:44 AM
It'd be more in "Final Fantasy the spirits within" If that made cinemas this could.

TheAbominatrix
09-03-2005, 02:49 AM
And did you notice that Spirits Within flopped horribly? All the more reason to not release Advent Children in theatres. It costs way more to do that and that means a far far bigger chance to lose money.

Shoden
09-03-2005, 02:56 AM
but then again theres bound to be a few thousand nerds itching to get tickets if it hits cinemas

rubah
09-03-2005, 03:24 AM
compared to the few million other people that watch normal movies.

Hasn't it been said that AC *won't* be going to mainline theaters already?

Shoeberto
09-03-2005, 03:36 AM
Prettymuch, yeah. I think some of the big indie festivals might be showing it, but outside of that, no theatrical release.

DVD releases are easier and have better return than theatrical releases do.

XxSephirothxX
09-03-2005, 03:44 AM
I'd like to see it on a big screen, but I'd rather Square not go bankrupt. :p There's going to be an extremely limited theatrical release in Japan, but, as far as I know, absolutely nothing in the US.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-03-2005, 03:04 PM

Anyway, there is no HUGE draw to this movie for the average American population so it wont see a wide-spread theatre release. We may see limited releases, and certainly colleges and indie movie theatres will show it. Dont expect it to be a large release.
yep, i dont like to go to da movie to watch those kinds of films

Discord
09-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Heh, well the difference between the "Spirits Within" and the AC is that SW was a film on its own. There was no SW game made before it came out, no SW book written and so on. AC on the other side should be more fun to those people who played the FFVIII before. Just imagine watching Star Wars Episode III without knowing what happened in the previous ones.

Plus, if you want to watch it on the big screen, one of your friends might well have a beamer and a stereosound system at home. And then there are those mini-cinemas with 10 seats, where you pay 50$ and watch the film that you like. Sure is a little smaller than a normal cinema, but its a start.

Mercen-X
09-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Yeah, well there was plenty more that was wrong about Spirits Within. Advent Children is just destined to be a better movie. Unfortunately, though we're happy to get what we get, Japan has been known to kamikaze and crush our hopes. Just like we'll never see American releases of Final Mix and the FF Internationals, we'll never see Advent Children in theatre.

Shoden
09-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Well an idea could be Release as DVD and cinema but that would be bad. My ideas are /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif aren't they...

guffman
09-03-2005, 09:42 PM
either way it goes we just better see the same special features that the japenese version, im sick of getting screwed too.

TheAbominatrix
09-03-2005, 10:42 PM

yep, i dont like to go to da movie to watch those kinds of films

Those are some of the highest grossing movies of their respective years.

Anyway, while AC has a bit more of a draw because it's a sequel to VII, it STILL does not have the draw to anyone but Final Fantasy fans. They'd waste millions putting it in theatres only to have the fans go and see it.

In fact, it actually has LESS of a draw. While your average person may see a commercial for Spirits Within and think "Well, that seems cool, maybe I'll go see that.", they may think the same about AC, but then be told it's a sequel. VERY few people would wanna go see a random sequel to something they've never experienced.

Regardless, to make a movie successful and worth the millions poured into ads and theatre releases, it has to have the ability to appeal to millions, to the average joe, not just a group (however large) of hardcore fans.

Max
09-05-2005, 03:51 PM
SW was a bigtime dissapointment.

FFX_fanatiq
09-08-2005, 06:39 AM
I have a rep to keep up, yo!

BUT FF IS ULITIMATE COOLNESS
REPRESENT FF YA...ONLY TEH COOLEST DO

guffman
09-09-2005, 12:24 AM
my bad my bad let me poast a picture on the internet of myself playing FF...oh wait i need to reach people whose opinions actually matter. Im just kidding...but seriously who the hell are we kidding, thinking that anybody cares what we think. START THE NERD CHANT!!!!!

guffman
09-09-2005, 12:24 AM
i mean not for me but for all of us

FFX_fanatiq
09-15-2005, 11:49 PM

fRom what i hear FF is the best selling rpg in america
we buy it more than japan
so why dont they move here ^_o -holds back anger- .....insted of treating us like &^*^&