PDA

View Full Version : RM2K3 Help

Rengori
09-03-2005, 04:58 AM
How would I set an event to go off after 6 different switches were on?

Shoeberto
09-03-2005, 05:01 AM
With something like that, you'd be much better off using a variable and have the event set to go off when that hits 6. Just have each of the six events where the switches would normally change, have a variable that gets +1 added to it.

I suppose there could be sequencing problems with this, but if need be, have the switches go off, and have the variable increase. That way your sequence would go okay and you could just use one variable to trigger the event rather than six switches, which I don't think RM2k3 would allow the use of as a trigger.

Rengori
09-03-2005, 05:17 AM
Can you tell me how to do that clearer? I'm not following.

Shoeberto
09-03-2005, 05:24 AM
I always used RM2k, so this may not be absolutely correct regarding RM2k3.

In the event where the first switch is triggered, create a variable that happens afterwards. To get a variable set up, make it in the variable list like you would with a switch. Then under set, select +. This makes it so the value you put into Operand > Set is added to the variable.

So to simplify a bit, you're giving a variable a name, telling it to add a value to it, and saying that the value is 1.

If you put this in each event where the six switches are triggered, you should end up with your variable equaling 6. Then in the conditions box, check Variable, choose the variable you created, and set the value to 6.

If any of this isn't explicitely in RM2k3, you may have to do your own research on how it handles variables, since I have very little experience with it.

Rengori
09-03-2005, 05:38 AM
I'm working on it, just got a lot of stuff to do before I can test it.