PDA

View Full Version : How can Cloud use that sword?

cookieface
09-03-2005, 04:58 AM
This is not spam, but it got me to thinking about it, that Sephiroth sword replica. Cloud, yes, they made a buster sword replica...
http://www.weaponmasters.com/images//products/WM/SHI001L1.jpg
I dont know, but I got a kick out of this. Who in their right mind would buy this? It's made of steel and weighs 13 lbs. I wish I had something like that but made of aluminum though.
But anyways, as far as the Cloud's buster sword, is it some light super metal? If not, how can he swing it around? Super strength?

Squall of SeeD
09-03-2005, 05:03 AM
Yes, Cloud has super strength. Remember, he was injected with JENOVA's Cells and infused with Mako.

ThroneofDravaris
09-03-2005, 05:10 AM
You have no idea how much I want that sword...

Shoeberto
09-03-2005, 05:11 AM
Magic is actually a concentration of power derived from the memories of an ancient race that turned into an ethereal stream that sometimes goes to the surface and crystalizes into spheres that lets people cast magic.

It's a video game.

Madonna
09-03-2005, 05:12 AM
Are you saying thirteen pounds are too much for you?

Primus Inter Pares
09-03-2005, 05:12 AM
I do...

But seriously, Squall of SeeD has it right enough...

and damn you ToD for tricking me into the FFVII forum...

XxSephirothxX
09-03-2005, 05:13 AM
As Hsu said, it's a videogame. Don't expect it to be too realistic.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-03-2005, 05:17 AM
It's all in the wrist.

cookieface
09-03-2005, 05:26 AM

No, don't say that. Like I said, it's a working blade made of steel. They should be selling aluminum replicas. But this, I can almost picture two idiots getting the cloud sword and the sephiroth sword, playing around, and getting them banned.

Are you saying thirteen pounds are too much for you?

Not to lift 13 pounds, but to play around with it like Cloud does, that's not gonna happen, not even with the average adult male. And I'm sure some fool would hurt someone. I don't know if you've ever picked up a sword, but a tall Claymore which is about 6-10 lbs is not going to be spun on one handed on your wrist. Even a 2 lbs. samurai sword can't be swing around back and fourth quickly by the average person.

TurkSlayer
09-03-2005, 05:57 AM
The Buster Sword was Cloud's weakest weapon. (Unless there's something else later I'm not thinking of) For all we know, the sword could have been made of some very weak metal, which would explain its lack of power. SoS is probably right on this, though.

G SpOtZ
09-03-2005, 06:04 AM
cloud is super strong. i probably don't need a spoiler note for this but i'll put it anyway, if anybody gets pissed becasue they didn't see the ending. Cloud was hanging onto Tifa with one hand, and on the ledge with the other, he lifted himself AND tifa up onto the ledge with one arm, after you beat sephy. super strength, biatches.

Mercen-X
09-03-2005, 06:22 AM
You don't need super-strength to achieve such a feat. Just 'cause you all are natural weaklings doesn't mean you can assume the same of Cloud. Despite being too weak for the Mako fusion, Cloud did receive training to be in SOLDIER.
I'm no where near as strong as Cloud for his training and I know I can handle that sword just fine.
Aluminum . . . bah! Rubbish.

Slade
09-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Whoa that replica actually makes the buster sword look cool. Sorry to all those who are head over heels for it but ive always thought it was the most rediculous looking sword ever. Plus it looks completely out of it in Advent Children. As for the weight, i guess he can lift it cos of the Jenova cells.

Rengori
09-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Because he can. It's an RPG, don't ask such stupid questions. That's almost like asking "How come Rosa can get desert fever but Cecil and Co. can't?"

Ooh, I like that. "Cecil and Co."

boys from the dwarf
09-03-2005, 09:50 AM
clouds just strong.he dont have super strenght though.

Dreddz
09-03-2005, 11:14 AM
It is not possible to carry a sword like that.
And its a game, I mean, how do you think he carrys around everywhere ?

ThroneofDravaris
09-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Seriously though, how awesome would it be if someone went on a killing spree with one of these, and in the news report it said something like “hacked to death using a sword similar to that seen in Final Fantasy VII”…

*buys sword*

dŁv!l'$ ph0Łn!x
09-03-2005, 12:47 PM
You really shouldn't read too much into this. And when you think about it, at the end of the game, cloud i carrying buster sword, ultima weapon, and all the other 624 swords he can get, not to mention everyone elses weapons (by the way there aren't 624 swords it was just a random number, so don't get giddy)

Destai
09-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Magic is actually a concentration of power derived from the memories of an ancient race that turned into an ethereal stream that sometimes goes to the surface and crystalizes into spheres that lets people cast magic.

It's a video game.

dŁv!l'$ ph0Łn!x
09-04-2005, 12:29 AM
by the way it looks like theres a reflection of a demon in that pic. it just below the 2 goles. it has 2 eyes and is grinning!?

ZeZipster
09-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Let's ignore the fact that people can summon meteors to the planet and suck a planets "life energy" and ask why one person can carry a sword!

It's a video game.

Mirage
09-04-2005, 12:57 AM
It is also possible that the low attack strenght of the buster sword is meant to emulate that it is difficult to wield, and thus is less effective. It could also very well be made out of some very light material, and enforced with a stronger metal along the edge. On top of that, yes, Cloud is much stronger than the average guy, probably even stronger than an average soldier from our world. *Refers to Cloud lifting himself and Tifa with one hand after a long and exhausting fight with Sephiroth.*

iluvtetsuya
09-04-2005, 01:02 AM
sephiroth sword replica? (schemes an evil plan)................I MUST HAVE IT!!!!!!!!

Shoden
09-04-2005, 01:35 AM
Thats too small to be the buster sword, Cloud's actual buster sword was as thick as himself and larger.

Cloud is an uberman so he can use it.

bipper
09-04-2005, 02:16 AM
The way cloud uses the sword should show you it is difficult to use. At least in his regular attacks and braver he kinda uses its weight to inflict more damage. Beyond that it does get pretty unrealistic. But like squall said, juice someone up on jenova juice, and they should have a good time with it. *Hides the juice from throneofdarvis**

Like I say, the bustersword is VERY symbolic of cloud himself, and his disposition to the world.

Bipper

Karl
09-04-2005, 03:55 AM
O_o is that sword for sale online somewhere? if so pleeeeeeease provide a link so i can but one :eek: :love: :Oo:

Mercen-X
09-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Thats too small to be the buster sword, Cloud's actual buster sword was as thick as himself and larger.
I believe the pic doesn't show the actual proportion of that sword. I think it's proportions really do match those of the Buster Sword.

Alive-Cat
09-04-2005, 11:34 AM
OMG! Where can i get that sword!?

Shoden
09-04-2005, 05:01 PM
the blade looks too thin thats the problem, F-A-K-E. b/s.

TurkSlayer
09-04-2005, 06:41 PM

Look at the pictures of it in Advent Children. It's not as thick as him, though it is almost as tall as him.

And like I said before, weak metal= Easier to weild, though now that I think of the pic of him weilding it in AC, it doesn't seem that weak.

Kilrane
09-04-2005, 06:50 PM
i need a link to order that sword. pm me with the link. i had siefer's gunblad but my dad sold it cuz he droped it and cut a small chunk of his toe off.

G SpOtZ
09-04-2005, 07:30 PM
i need a link to order that sword. pm me with the link. i had siefer's gunblad but my dad sold it cuz he droped it and cut a small chunk of his toe off.
ouch. >.<

Rengori
09-04-2005, 07:36 PM
That's his fault if he didn't know how to hold a sword properly. Ouch though.

G SpOtZ
09-04-2005, 07:40 PM
if that happened to me i woulda gone on a rampage with the sword.

EDIT: or chop up some moogles and make some pie.

EDIT 2: or make a circus freak try to swallow it.

Gilgamesh of Legends
09-05-2005, 06:10 PM

Cause he dont know how to use a gunblade properly, or you can just dull the edges...