PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden V

Dreddz
09-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Guess it sounds good, Suikoden IV was terrible though......

www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/02/news_6132468.html

Aphelion
09-03-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm not expecting it to be any good...I'm already mad just to see Konami's trying to get more money with Suikoden IV (using its characters in Rhapsodia), and now they're trying to develop not one, but two games in the same franchise at once? I'm not sure this will work out... I'm a Suikoden fan (though not to the "Suikoden is the best game ever!" extent, VERY FAR from that), but I just hope V ends up being at least in the same quality level as IV, because if it ends up being worse, the franchise is gone.

Black Mage
09-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Suikoden IV wasn't terrible. It was a step down from Suikoden III certainly, but it wasn't a horrible game. At least, I found the experience enjoyable. I guess maybe that's because the Ocean Travel didn't bother me, and I got Viki relatively early.

It's hard to formulate an opinion on Suikoden V with what we've seen, but I'm still looking forward to it. Hopefully Konami has learned a few things from IV's shortcomings and can make V as good as the first three.

KH-Cloudy
09-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Viki is good teleporting =) but sometimes ocean travel bothers me but i love the ship its so big and lots of shops.Suikoden IV is like final fantasy 10.i dont know about the other ones cause i havent played them yet =\

Dreddz
09-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Suikoden IV wasn't terrible. It was a step down from Suikoden III certainly, but it wasn't a horrible game. At least, I found the experience enjoyable. I guess maybe that's because the Ocean Travel didn't bother me, and I got Viki relatively early.

Your probably right, But I played it right after beating Suikoden II, and kinda put them in comparison. Im gonna get Suikoden III soon enough :D