PDA

View Full Version : I Have a Theory About YuRiPa

Dr.M
09-04-2005, 09:52 AM
do u guys think that y.r.p look like, well not 'look-like' but dose have the esence of Braska, Jecht and auron? like theres the lead 'superhero' person, the clueless, fun one and the quite one that says 'IT COMES!!!'

Mitch
09-04-2005, 10:00 AM
My theory is that they are lesbians.

xXTidusXxX2YunaX2
09-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Yeah, they seem a lot like Auron, Jecth and Braska. Look at the fax.

Auron, is quiet and sometimes seems like the only one down to earth.
Braska, Is the leader can be goofy at times and serious at other like Yuna.
Jecth, is much like Rikku think about it. Their both clueless really.

And how could that be a theory. Wouldn't it be more like a thought?

Destai
09-04-2005, 09:04 PM
My theory is that they are lesbians.xD *steals*

TurkSlayer
09-05-2005, 03:58 AM

I agree with this theory entirely.

Yuna Braska 19
09-05-2005, 04:09 AM
Well yeah kind of...
But they still have there own look and all that.
And they have different hair dues I just don't know who hair they have that is the same in other Final Fantasy?
*Thinking...*
But I don't know who else in Final Fantasy that has there hair due?...
But still.
>.<

rubah
09-05-2005, 05:18 AM
Jecht is just a drunk. That doesn't make him clueless.

Dotard
09-05-2005, 06:28 AM
i would suppose them to be bi....cause they all look like they like guys but you cant rule out them being lesbians

Raven Nox
09-05-2005, 07:38 AM
Eh, I guess. I don't see Rikku and Jecht though. They're not alike at all.

And... I always thought Rikku looked like a female Jack Sparrow in FFX-2, so hey! They must be bi! Jeez...

Yuffie514
09-05-2005, 08:38 AM
they're yet another version of Charlie's Angels.

Crop
09-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Rikku is obveously a drunk like Jecht.

Big D
09-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Well, they do have a huge bar on their airship, in spite of only having seven crew, including one kid and the bartender himself...

I kinda like the comparison to the original trio. Sure, each character's personality is wildly different from their 'counterpart', but they fulfil the same kind of role - Rikku embodies Jecht's spontaneity and sense of fun, Yuna shares her father's kindness and determination, and Paine has some measure of Auron pragmatism and sarcasm.

The only similarity to Charlie's Angels is that there are three women who do stuff and fight.

Destai
09-05-2005, 04:19 PM
The only similarity to Charlie's Angels is that there are three women who do stuff and fight.Thats how 9/10 people describe Charlies Angels.

iluvtetsuya
09-05-2005, 10:40 PM
hehe....they are not lesbian or bi! you meanies!

Big D
09-06-2005, 12:24 AM
The only similarity to Charlie's Angels is that there are three women who do stuff and fight.Thats how 9/10 people describe Charlies Angels.Yeah, but it's extremely broad and could describe any three women who do stuff and fight.
For example, FFVII could be an "omg Charlie's Angels copy!!!1" because it's got 3 women who do stuff and fight.

Yuna Braska 19
09-06-2005, 03:44 AM
The only similarity to Charlie's Angels is that there are three women who do stuff and fight.Thats how 9/10 people describe Charlies Angels.Yeah, but it's extremely broad and could describe any three women who do stuff and fight.
For example, FFVII could be an "omg Charlie's Angels copy!!!1" because it's got 3 women who do stuff and fight.

What does FFVII Have to do with omg Charlies Angels copy
If I did not see sorry...
>.<

Big D
09-06-2005, 12:00 PM
>.<My point is.... FFVII has nothing to do with Charlie's Angels, except that there are three women in it. The same is true for FFX-2, except people often criticise that game for being too similar to Charlie's Angels.

iluvtetsuya
09-06-2005, 02:34 PM
thats true. i wish people would stop making fun of it. >.<

Destai
09-06-2005, 04:50 PM
>.<My point is.... FFVII has nothing to do with Charlie's Angels, except that there are three women in it. The same is true for FFX-2, except people often criticise that game for being too similar to Charlie's Angels.
Yeah but alot of the publicity for X-2 was this girl power theme with three tough, independant etc. woman for main characters. Charlies Angels did the same thing. VII didnt really commment on the characters sex at all.

Big D
09-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Yeah but alot of the publicity for X-2 was this girl power theme with three tough, independant etc. woman for main characters. Charlies Angels did the same thing. VII didnt really commment on the characters sex at all.X-2 was released (in Japan) before the second Charlie's Angels remake movie. So, at the time, the first movie was just a mildly successful film from a year or so ago. I rather doubt the X-2 design team would've gone out of their way to rip off a movie that had made a bit of money at some time in the past, and which was itself based on a '70s TV show.

But then they release X-2 in the West at about the same time as Full Throttle, so self-congratulating Western types assume that their own marvellous creation inspired everything.
Maaarvelous:p

Yuna Braska 19
09-07-2005, 06:36 AM
Yeah but alot of the publicity for X-2 was this girl power theme with three tough, independant etc. woman for main characters. Charlies Angels did the same thing. VII didnt really commment on the characters sex at all.X-2 was released (in Japan) before the second Charlie's Angels remake movie. So, at the time, the first movie was just a mildly successful film from a year or so ago. I rather doubt the X-2 design team would've gone out of their way to rip off a movie that had made a bit of money at some time in the past, and which was itself based on a '70s TV show.

But then they release X-2 in the West at about the same time as Full Throttle, so self-congratulating Western types assume that their own marvellous creation inspired everything.

I don't see Charlies Angels the same with YRP, YRP do mission, find spheres, fighting with magic and change during battles.
Charlies Angels and X-2 different...
I 'm sorry if I sound dum to you but still what does FF VII have to do with YRP Three girls?
>.<

Big D
09-07-2005, 12:18 PM
In FFX-2 and in FFVII, there are three main characters who are women. In X-2, there are Yuna, Rikku and Paine. In FFVII, there's Yuffie, Tifa and Aeris. In FFVIII, there's Quistis, Selphie and Rinoa.

I'm just saying that it's silly for people to compare X-2 to Charlie's Angels, because there's actually so little similarity. Just about all they have in common is a trio of strong women - and that's not a rare thing because it happens in plenty of games.

Destai
09-07-2005, 04:47 PM

I don't see Charlies Angels the same with YRP, YRP do mission, find spheres, fighting with magic and change during battles.
I 'm sorry if I sound dum to you but still what does FF VII have to do with YRP Three girls?
>.<Alright, I dont care anymore.

Yuffie514
09-07-2005, 05:28 PM
The only similarity to Charlie's Angels is that there are three women who do stuff and fight.

how sure are you :goofy: ? YRP fight criminals like the LeBlanc Syndicate, as do the angels kick evildoers' @$$ :shoot: . they're always wearing flashy clothes and dressing up in disguises (yea, dresscode). investigation - half of all the video-games woudn't be understandable if we weren't required to siff into other ppl's matters, etc :shifty: !

Yuffie-Aeris-Tifa? no way. there might be a love-triangle, but not a trio of power women. however, investigation is my thang.

...and one more silly thing...two brunettes and a blonde!
...yet another...the trademark logos, why do they remind me of something?

...will there be an FFX-3 Full Throttle?

Big D
09-07-2005, 11:19 PM
...and one more silly thing...two brunettes and a blonde!Lucy Liu has black, not brown, hair.

But this is all extremely beside the point.

Yuna Braska 19
09-08-2005, 02:40 AM
I see, but YRP were always togter a fought in a team.
Tifa, Aeris and Yuffie were different. Seen it was only three people as main characters.
^.- But anyways I don't know any three people that are a team in FFVII....

Mirage
09-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Big D missed a few important points. 100% of the main characters in FFX-2 are girls. 100% of the main characters in Charlies Angels are girls. 30% of the FF7 main characters are girls, and one of them is even optional.
And it doesn't matter whether or not the FFX-2 creators were inspired by Charlies angels (they probably weren't anyway), the game still has a lot of the same feel as the movie has. And wow, their boss is a man in both cases too. :p

Big D
09-08-2005, 11:13 AM
You guys are making waaaaay too much of a Big Deal out of this:P
And wow, their boss is a man in both cases too. :pBrother is not the 'boss' of the Gullwings. He'd like to think he's in charge, but really he's just there to fly the airship and ogle his dear cousin.

Tai-Ti
09-08-2005, 12:28 PM
ill tell u what YRP are:
Frigments of sum dude working for square's imagination come to very well graphiced life. They dont have a life outside what you see in the game, and face it, what we see of them, is similar to charlies angels.

ThroneofDravaris
09-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Kill Bill owns Charlies Angels...

Painex2rules
09-08-2005, 04:13 PM
i got a simple theroy (Paine rules) and yuna and rikku suck :rolleyes2

ScottNUMBERS
09-08-2005, 09:48 PM

Wow i just Quoted, a Quoted, Quoted, Quoted, Quoted, Quoted Quote. :cool:

Anyways...your thoery is a bit too farfeched for my liking. But Whoever said they are lesbians may be onto something. :smash: I would agree agree with Painesx2rules's theory but the following symbols are stopping me..
( r o c k s )

Painex2rules
09-08-2005, 10:12 PM

Anyways...your thoery is a bit too farfeched for my liking. But Whoever said they are lesbians may be onto something. :smash: I would agree agree with Painesx2rules's theory but the following symbols are stopping me..
( r o c k s )
rules is that better my princes :rolleyes2 :tongue:

Ocean of Memories
09-09-2005, 12:46 AM
i got a simple theroy (Paine rules) and yuna and rikku suck :rolleyes2
Rikku can get real stron so think Twice beroe saying that and Yuna thats a diff story

Skyblade
09-09-2005, 04:50 AM
I think I understand the Charlies Angles remarks. While there may be three strong female characters in other games, this is the only game where you are forced to use them, and only them. It is a game that is completely about three strong women going around kicking butt. In that way, I can see a resemblance. But that's the only major similarity, so I really don't think there is much validity to the claim.

As to Yuna, Rikku, and Paine being similar to the Braska, Jecht, and Auron group... While their personalities are different (Jecht and Riku especially aren't much alike), their actions and roles in the group are very similar. I like that theory.

Mitch
09-09-2005, 05:18 AM
I think it is pretty obvious that they are a blatant rip off of The A-Team

Big D
09-09-2005, 06:15 AM
I think it is pretty obvious that they are a blatant rip off of The A-TeamRikku is totally Mr T.
"I pity da foo' who be pickin' on High Summoner Yunie!"

Brother is Face, 'cause of his dashing good looks and rampant promiscuity, while Leblanc is Hannibal, because they're both fond of disguises and wisecracks.

Mitch
09-09-2005, 06:44 AM
I think it is pretty obvious that they are a blatant rip off of The A-TeamRikku is totally Mr T.
"I pity da foo' who be pickin' on High Summoner Yunie!"

Brother is Face, 'cause of his dashing good looks and rampant promiscuity, while Leblanc is Hannibal, because they're both fond of disguises and wisecracks.

finally I have found someone who understands

ScottNUMBERS
09-09-2005, 02:22 PM

( r o c k s )
rules is that better my princes :rolleyes2 :tongue:

Nah i meant all three of them suck.

Christmas
09-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Whether they copied Charlie Angel or whatever, it is good to have something new for a try and this is the first FF series to figure three girls as the leads and revolve around a lot of sidequests.

Yliette
09-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Another aspect that they have similar to Charlie's Angels: They do this pose first before attacking or assaulting.

Gilgamesh of Legends
09-17-2005, 01:49 AM
For example, FFVII could be an "omg Charlie's Angels copy!!!1" because it's got 3 Sexy women who do stuff and fight.

Yliette
09-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Maybe a more accurate way of comparing them to Charlie's Angels is by saying three LEADING sexy women as hired mercenaries to save the world. Kinda gives me the freaky thematic notion that Brother is Charlie whose role is to just boss YRP around while the girls do all the dirty work being sent to the four corners of Spira. The Friendly Neighborhood Gullwings is one very good example.

Plus that "pose" they execute everytime they begin a mission is just arguably very similar to Charlie's Angels theme.

Just my two gil from my pockets!

Dr.M
09-18-2005, 07:26 AM
how did this conversation get into charle's angles? (u don't hav 2 anwser that)
but still, u guys are getting off the point! arn't we spose 2 be talking about Y,R,P being like B,J,A? and by the way iv always seen Y,R,P being more like the powerpuff girls than charle's angle but that beside the point.

Yuna Braska 19
09-18-2005, 07:27 AM
YRP remind me of three different people.
^.- Cute Powerpuff!

Skyblade
09-18-2005, 08:17 AM
For example, FFVII could be an "omg Charlie's Angels copy!!!1" because it's got 3 Sexy women who do stuff and fight.

Out of curiousity, how well do you think the game would've sold if it had 3 ugly women doing stuff and fighting?

Yuna Braska 19
09-19-2005, 03:32 AM
Chariles Angels and YRP are different,

YRP do mission, change dresspheres, do not look the same,
Yuna looking for Tidus, Rikku helping Yuna, Paine is helping Yuna and
trying to find out why Nooj Shot Her and G & B.

Something else different in Chariles Angel but I don't know what cause I don't like that show movie whatever.

(Sorry to the fans of that Movie)

Rikku X-2
09-19-2005, 03:39 AM
I don't see any simalers too these two.

DMKA
09-19-2005, 04:22 AM
Y helo thar.

deathtrooper
10-03-2005, 09:20 PM
lesbiens?
come on people!
notice....
1) yuna likes tidus, as it is so blatently obvious!
2) rikku SEEMS, i emphizize on that!, seems to like gippel
3) paine........well, she has to like someone huh!
come on humor me!

~*~Celes~*~
10-05-2005, 03:15 AM

I agree with this theory entirely.
WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP IT?! THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT LESBIANS! COME ON! WHAT WAS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THE GAME? TO FIND TIDUS SO YUNA COULD BE WITH HIM! You people are disgusting, pathetic, and you all give me a headache >.>;

~*~Celes~*~

~*~Celes~*~
10-05-2005, 03:18 AM
lesbiens?
come on people!
notice....
1) yuna likes tidus, as it is so blatently obvious!
2) rikku SEEMS, i emphizize on that!, seems to like gippel
3) paine........well, she has to like someone huh!
come on humor me!
YES!!!!! GO YOU!!!! XD

1. Yuna + Tidus= Obvious love, otherwise, she wouldn't have gone through the trouble of finding him.

2. Rikku obviously likes Gippal because she was blushing and stuttering.

3. I think Paine and Baralai have some love goin' on ;)

The_Great_Question
10-05-2005, 04:05 AM
I can imagine Jecht Auron And Braska in YRP's clothing.....Anyway Its really quite simple Square Enix wanted a good marketing ploy and there is no better way than Charlie Angel style girls wearing skimpy outfits saving the world.

I mean thats the only thing good in FFX-2 as Enix screwed up Squares great final fantasy sagas :mad2:

yojimbo_man
10-06-2005, 11:14 AM
how the hell can yuna be a lesbien she made out with tidus in 10 :confused:

Dr.M
10-23-2005, 02:29 AM
she didn't make out with him. she fell in love with him and he fell in love with her.
thats total different 2 making out and i know all u guys r gonna say there the same but no,ok,no. And this conversation is getting really weird, one box were talking about chalie's angles the next every1 on about y,r,p being lesbos! stop it peoples!

ThroneofDravaris
10-23-2005, 02:38 AM
WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP IT?! THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT LESBIANS! COME ON! WHAT WAS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THE GAME? TO FIND TIDUS SO YUNA COULD BE WITH HIM! You people are disgusting, pathetic, and you all give me a headache >.>;

~*~Celes~*~

Ok fine. She's bi-sexual then. Come to think of it, maybe there should be a five-some betwen Yuna, Tidus, Paine, brother and Rikku.

Then we could even through incest in with the mix!

TurkSlayer
10-23-2005, 02:41 AM
she didn't make out with him. she fell in love with him and he fell in love with her.
thats total different 2 making out and i know all u guys r gonna say there the same but no,ok,no. And this conversation is getting really weird, one box were talking about chalie's angles the next every1 on about y,r,p being lesbos! stop it peoples!

Err, actually, they DID make out in X. As for YRP being lesbians, well, Tidus I think has been playing for the other team, wink wink, and going with Yuna was just a coverup that worked both ways. As for Rikku and Gippal, she was playing with his head. Mind games, people. So, in the end, their lesbians.:D

Shoeberto
10-23-2005, 02:54 AM
THEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEENKINNNNNS

ThroneofDravaris
10-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Chi?

enigma1234
11-04-2005, 02:45 PM
YRP= Yuna,Rikku,Paine
Y=Yuna R=Rikku P=Paine

No more other people!
Why don't we just stick to the real base story...>_<

thewarlock
11-05-2005, 05:53 AM
That is the best theory I have ever heard.

thewarlock
11-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Ok fine. She's bi-sexual then. Come to think of it, maybe there should be a five-some betwen Yuna, Tidus, Paine, brother and Rikku.

Then we could even through incest in with the mix!
yippie! Thats the best idea yet!

Gnostic Yevon
11-07-2005, 04:05 AM
BJA = backstory

YRP = cheap cash in.

not seeing a connection.

Primus Inter Pares
11-07-2005, 06:28 AM
I like how X-2 forum is usually only moderated within a certain time after I post...

Markus. D
11-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Well, Instead this "Charlies Angels" crap, I see them more like the three heroines from the movie: So Close.

Rikku is Bubbly, cheery and always trying to keep her friends motivated.
Yuna is the smart, reserved one and adept at gaining information while trying to find the essence and goals of her past.
Paine is the, well what do we have here one... she throws in witty comments to the villians but can be serious when confronting foes.

RiTaPuffy
11-08-2005, 11:18 PM
There are like Puffy AmiYumi, like Puffy YunaRikkuPaine:eep:

syun_ukiya
11-10-2005, 06:02 AM
YES!!!!! GO YOU!!!! XD

1. Yuna + Tidus= Obvious love, otherwise, she wouldn't have gone through the trouble of finding him.

2. Rikku obviously likes Gippal because she was blushing and stuttering.

3. I think Paine and Baralai have some love goin' on ;)
I think its paine x nooj

SummonerSteph
11-27-2005, 06:43 PM
I agree with Iluvtetsuya There not lesbians at all!
If they were wouldn't Yuna and Rikku been together in FFX?!

SummonerSteph
11-27-2005, 06:47 PM
YAY! Puffy Ami Yumi! :D

Dr.M
12-04-2005, 05:08 AM
I give up.:sweatdrop I odviously can't have a normal(normal. lol, I don't think any of us are normal including me) conversation with u guys. and one more thing...YRP ARE NOT LESBIANS!!!!!!
(i wounld close this conversation now but being pathetic little me, I don't know how to close a conversation)lol.