PDA

View Full Version : Emerald & Ruby

Cruise Control
09-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Can someone give me strategies for Emerald and Ruby weapon, I'm level 100 and can't beat either. I have master command, magic and summon. I can't get another of any of these cause my little sister sold my extra materia x_x

Dreddz
09-04-2005, 06:34 PM
www.gamefaqs.com

Shoden
09-04-2005, 06:35 PM
W-summon-Mime Final attack-Phoenix
Knights of the round (lv 2 at least) - HP absorb and about 2 mastered HP pluses

Equip: Ultima weapon, Mystile and an accesory that absorbs fire (Fire ring?)

Light Mage
09-04-2005, 06:58 PM
Sell your little sister to get the money to buy them back?

EmeraldWeaponluvsRuby
09-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Can someone give me strategies for Emerald and Ruby weapon, I'm level 100 and can't beat either. I have master command, magic and summon. I can't get another of any of these cause my little sister sold my extra materia x_x

Well you're pretty much screwed then, unless she didn't sell Mime and/or Knights of the Round Table. You could use KoTR via Master Summon and Mime via Master Command to emulate the KoTR/Mime combo, to an extent.

Shoden
09-04-2005, 07:18 PM
You should have HP absorb hopefully.

Carl the Llama
09-04-2005, 07:20 PM
first of all let me say this: hahahahahahaha

right down to business first of all you need final attack and Revive materia equiped then KotR and HP absorb in slot 2 and finally counter with mime (this works for 1 character and if you want more then you just master the mime and counter 2 times) you might need 1 mastered hp materia and there is an easyer way to do this but it has risk which is: HP>MP swap then quadra magic combined with KotR and mime just use it with the quadra magic and then mime to victory this is by far the easyest way to kill ruby (all you do is have the other 2 mime it and she will be dead straight away) id say good luck but you dont need it with my stratagy

Light Mage
09-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Quadra magic dosn't work with Knights of the Round, unfortunately.

Ultima Shadow
09-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Hit them with your sword and they will surely die!!!1111 :confused:

G SpOtZ
09-04-2005, 07:26 PM
FOR EMERALD:

first, use w-item glitch to give you 99 megalixers, 99 elixers, and maybe some hero drinks althought it's not necessary

the only materias you need are 4xCut, mime, and maybe even enemy skill (big guard is the only one you need)

lets see. give cloud the 4xcut and the two others (preferabbly mastered) mimes. you can give anybody the enemy skill materia, and anybody else the underwater materia.

strategy: take out the two hp-absorbing things on emerald weapon. leave the mp absorbers there because u won't be using too much mp unless you want to cast big guard. aire tam storm will do 1111 to one of ur characters, and 2222 to two of them (whoever has enemy skill and mime/4xcut, and the underwater materia with mime/4xcut). after that just use a megalixer or something. you have 99 of them, anyway...right? now just blast away with 4xcuts.
when emerald uses aire tam storm, two of ur characters will have 7777 hp on them (assuming all characters have 9999) and they'll go nuts. hopefully that won't be cloud, who should only have the 4xcut and nothing else. so ur other two teammates will be going nuts, and cloud will be doing 4xcut. good stuff. megalixers when you need em.

Light Mage
09-04-2005, 07:38 PM
strategy: take out the two hp-absorbing things on emerald weapon. leave the mp absorbers there because u won't be using too much mp unless you want to cast big guard. aire tam storm will do 1111 to one of ur characters, and 2222 to two of them (whoever has enemy skill and mime/4xcut, and the underwater materia with mime/4xcut). after that just use a megalixer or something. you have 99 of them, anyway...right? now just blast away with 4xcuts.
when emerald uses aire tam storm, two of ur characters will have 7777 hp on them (assuming all characters have 9999) and they'll go nuts. hopefully that won't be cloud, who should only have the 4xcut and nothing else. so ur other two teammates will be going nuts, and cloud will be doing 4xcut. good stuff. megalixers when you need em.
Ooh, nice! Me likes.

:D

Cruise Control
09-04-2005, 10:07 PM
www.gamefaqs.comI can't pull those off.

W-summon-Mime Final attack-Phoenix
Knights of the round (lv 2 at least) - HP absorb and about 2 mastered HP pluses

Equip: Ultima weapon, Mystile and an accesory that absorbs fire (Fire ring?)

Sell your little sister to get the money to buy them back?I already spent 4 hours screaming and make snide comments frequently.

Well you're pretty much screwed then, unless she didn't sell Mime and/or Knights of the Round Table. You could use KoTR via Master Summon and Mime via Master Command to emulate the KoTR/Mime combo, to an extent.She remembered I told her KOTR kicks ass. I still have that AND mime.

You should have HP absorb hopefully.No, WHERE THE HELL DO I GET HP ABSORB AND FINAL ATTACK?

first of all let me say this: hahahahahahaha

right down to business first of all you need final attack and Revive materia equiped then KotR and HP absorb in slot 2 and finally counter with mime (this works for 1 character and if you want more then you just master the mime and counter 2 times) you might need 1 mastered hp materia and there is an easyer way to do this but it has risk which is: HP>MP swap then quadra magic combined with KotR and mime just use it with the quadra magic and then mime to victory this is by far the easyest way to kill ruby (all you do is have the other 2 mime it and she will be dead straight away) id say good luck but you dont need it with my stratagyQuadra magic dosn't work with Knights of the Round, unfortunately.
It as one of the first things I tried.

FOR EMERALD:

first, use w-item glitch to give you 99 megalixers, 99 elixers, and maybe some hero drinks althought it's not necessary

the only materias you need are 4xCut, mime, and maybe even enemy skill (big guard is the only one you need)

lets see. give cloud the 4xcut and the two others (preferabbly mastered) mimes. you can give anybody the enemy skill materia, and anybody else the underwater materia.

OH SNAP!!!!! I CAN DO THIS ONE!!!!!!!

Thank you, once my pastor gives me back my game, I'll try them out. Still need a simple strategy for Ruby

Light Mage
09-04-2005, 10:14 PM
I think you get HP Absorb from a house in Wutai. Final Attack is your prize for being REALLY good at the Battle Arena and spanking them big bad boss monsters.

raskerino
09-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Ruby is stunned by hades (you get it at the sunken gelnika) then KoTr+mime crushes it. You get Final Attack by winning omnislash and W-Summon at the battle arena, you then do the special part of the monster arena (the attendant will tell you about it after you get the two things stated above) beat the final enemy (proud clod) and you'll get Final Attack, this allows you to cast any spell connected with it when you die (revive and phoenix work best, heh, heh, heh). I think you pick up an HP absorb early in the crater however it might be an MP absorb (check a gamefaqs walkthrough).

Final Attack = Revive
KoTr = HP/MP Absorb/W-Summon
Mime
Hades (For Ruby)
Underwater (For Emerald)

This allows you to mime KoTr and either heal as you cast it or gain enough MP that when you die you can cast it again before you start mimeing or of course double summon it, if you have Master Summon combine that with one of the 3 above things that you can give to KoTr. The above is the basic component to the cheap way to beat the weapons. Ask Ultima Shadow for absurd, boss demeaning ways to destroy them.

Cruise Control
09-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Do I have to buy omnislash? Or that 32000 Item, I am way to impatient for that, I guess 99 megalixers, and elixers, and turboethers, X-potions, and every other item will do.

In a previous playthrough, I killed them with Cait Sith's reels, but I can't pull that off anymore.

G SpOtZ
09-05-2005, 12:02 AM
I think you get HP Absorb from a house in Wutai. Final Attack is your prize for being REALLY good at the Battle Arena and spanking them big bad boss monsters.
you get MP Absorb from a house in wutai, actually.

For RUBY:

give cloud hades and either phoenix or life, preferably phoenix linked with final attack, but that i'm pretty sure that you have to get omnislash AND w-summon, and then go another round in the battle arena to beat proud clod to get final attack, so if you're too lazy for that, then don't. i don't think you need it anyway. as long as you have megalixers you should be good. Also equip cloud with kotr, and level it up as much as you can. 2 stars should be okay, but i recommend 3 just in case.
your other two characters should get some high level mimes, one of those characters should have an enemy skill with big guard.
you probably don't need to use ur ultimate weapons, so if there's any materia you feel like leveling up, you might as well throw in triple growth weapons. of course, if you've got nothing that you care to level up, just stick with ur ultimate weapons, or whichever strongest that you have. you can use ribbon accesories if you want, because the claws from the ground cause some status ailments. use whatever armor you think is best.

kill of two of ur characters before you enter the battle. that way, right when you enter, ruby can't quicksand anybody to kick them out of the battle. he'll put his claws right into the ground, making him vulnurable for attack. now what you need to do is cast hades first, then right after that revive ur characters because hades should buy you some time. have someone use a megalixer to fully cure everybody (because phoenix probably won't fully cure everybody) and then have another character cast big guard. then focus on destroying the lil claws from the ground. even though you have megalixers to keep you healthy, lack of materia is not a factor in this battle, so go ahead and equip someone with restore+all so you can cast regen, it's always useful. you can blast away with kotr and mimes, and if hades wears off, just cast it again (assuming it also has at least 3 stars) big guard also runs off quickly, so recast it and kotr mime again. it's a pattern, so it's not like it makes the battle fun, but it should definitely work. ruby will cast ultima every once in awhile, so use a megalixer. the only problem to this is that you have to waste a mime turn to use a megalixer, so you'll have to cast kotr again and again... hopefully you'll be able to keep it up.

Light Mage
09-05-2005, 12:25 AM
You do get HP Absorb from Wutai as well. :-)
Go into the house at the bottom of the flight of stairs on the far right of Wutai - the Cat House, and climb up the stairs into a secret passage, you'll find HP Absorb in a chest there.

Cruise Control
09-05-2005, 12:53 AM
I can't climb the steps, a cat is in the way.

Shoden
09-05-2005, 01:17 AM
HP absorb you get in the crater.
Final attack from the Battle square's special fight.