PDA

View Full Version : Via Infintro

yunasboy
09-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Hey peoples, Yeah... Not saying i'm stuck or anything. But heh. I was wondering if anywone could help me with the via infintro. I'd just like to know what dressphere combos you used. And acessories you used on each char. :cool:

rubah
09-04-2005, 10:16 PM
One gunner+catnip is all you really need to worry about.

Lady Luck for levelling or Mascot for coolness wouldn't be bad choices.

yunasboy
09-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Okay thanks dude. But..... hmm. Yuna is level 60 with gunner+Catnip and I have Rikku as a white mage plus Paine as dark knight with two kaiser knuckles. And this is my first play through so I don't have accesse too any Iron Dukes or god Accessories. Thats Basicly it. But could that set up get me through all the cloisters? I'm already at cloister 60 and just beat Mika hanging only by a thread.

Cruise Control
09-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Hm, If I were you, I'd go back to level 1, equip a lure bracer, and have all 3 start mastering alchemist. Also, Look for Blue Bullets along the way.

EDIT: You NEED a mastered Alchemist to beat Trema without catnip.

Mo-Nercy
09-05-2005, 02:45 AM
I went down the Via Infinito with Yuna and Paine in Mascot and Rikku in Berserker (training for Mascot). I beat the bosses at levels 20 and 40 with that combination just by attacking. At 60 and 80, I used Cat Nip + Gunner + Highroad Winds + Speed Bracer combo but in between 40-60 and 60-80, I used the dual Mascot and Berserker combo (just so I could get some AP, still hadn't learnt Ribbon at this stage) That combination was good enough to last me till level 80 at which point I decided to go with a Gunner + Cat Nip the rest of the way.

Vs. Paragon, I had a single Gunner with Cat Nip and two Mascots. Took like two turns because I wasn't using Highroad Winds anymore, but Higher Power on all three girls, so everyone had about 17K HP (Gunner of course was hovering around 600 HP)

Vs. Trema. I killed my Gunner, then used a Stamina Tonic and a Megalixer straight after to get my HP up to 34K before Phoenix Downing my Gunner and letting loose. My Gunner died to every Meteor, Ultima etc. but I had plenty of Phoenix Downs and my Mascots tanked everything (I mean, like, 34000 HP). I even used X-Potions every turn to ensure victory.

---

This probably won't help you though. :D. It's your first play so you probably don't have Mascot or Higher Power.

BUT, you should have the Highroad Winds GG and a Speed Bracer, which will take away a lot of the risk of your Gunner dying.

The level 60 and 80 bosses become easier if they oversoul (apparently, that's how you're "supposed" to beat them) so if you find yourself having trouble, you can reset until they oversoul.

yunasboy
09-05-2005, 03:21 AM
Thanks.. Mann. But if theres anyone else with anymore dressphere combos boss info. Or any Info at all it would be apreaciated. I'd like to keep this thread going.

PS: whats higher power?

Mo-Nercy
09-05-2005, 11:54 PM
PS: whats higher power?
It's a Garment Grid. Equipping it allows you to Break HP Limit, moving through any of the nodes via spherechange in battle allows you to Break Damage Limit. It's awesome.

To get it you need to complete the Ruin Depths hidden dungeon at the back of the Clasko's Chocobo Ranch. To access this dungeon, you need to send four Level 1 Chocobos out and have them all successfully return, then send out four Level 2 Chocobos and have them all successfully return and repeat up to Level 5. It takes a while. And the dungeon takes even longer. But it's worth it.

ThePheonix
09-06-2005, 03:10 AM
All you need for most things is Gunner with cat nip and Speed Braser (I think that's the name, but haste bangle is fine also)
I think Rikku can get up fastest from her 'low HP' position and start trigger happy (hit 20-22 times). Highroad Winds Grid will make it even faster.

For Trema, just make sure others can survive to use a pheonix down on the Gunner so she can do another ~200 000 domage to him before you having to use another pheonix down on her.

karatehero
09-07-2005, 04:11 PM
I coulda swore that I had the mascot DS when I did that the first time, but I could be wrong. I didn't think you needed to do the Bevelle Dungeon to get the Mascot DS.

If I didn't have it, I would probably use the Dark Knight dressphere on 2 girls, and have another with gunner and cat nip. I think if you use a white mage you are screwed. Personally, with the alchemist DS, I got killed too much. I would also bribe to get 99 x-potions. That way you can heal your Dark knights quick. 99 Pheonix downs might be necessary too to bring back the gunner.

You also should level up more. 60 might be a bit low.

I wouldn't even try without the cat nip. It takes too long. I had 3 mascots all with Iron Dukes and I just got tired of the fight. It was taking forever.

Laugh at face of Danger
09-07-2005, 07:44 PM
3x Dark Knights
3x Berserkers
3x Songstress - not for the faint of heart :(

Skyblade
09-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Force of Nature
Ribbon

My accessories for most of the game. Absorb all elements (and strike with all elements), and immune to all status effects.

Catnip is really nice on a Gunner with all the Trigger Happy upgrades though.

rubah
09-07-2005, 11:27 PM
You don't get an Episode Complete for the Via Infinito as far as I know, so you wouldn't need it for Mascot.

Mo-Nercy
09-07-2005, 11:45 PM
You don't get an Episode Complete for the Via Infinito as far as I know, so you wouldn't need it for Mascot.
Yeah, when I suggested that he might not have Mascot, it wasn't because it's impossible to get it on the first play through, but because most players tend to stuff up their chances in some areas for Episode Completes on the first go.

Higher Power, however, is still accessible, as long as Clasko wound up in the Calm Lands Arena. I would highly recommend it. It's not needed but it definitely makes fighting Trema easier if you have triple the normal amount of HP.

Cruise Control
09-08-2005, 12:54 AM
Yeah but beat him without that, and no catnip and your a freaking beast.