PDA

View Full Version : html border help

theundeadhero
09-04-2005, 10:30 PM
I know that using frame="bottom" will just put a border at the bottom of a table and using frame="rhs" will just put a border around the right, but how do I combine the two with html so only the bottom and right have a border?

Also I need to know how to put a border on just the sides and bottom. frame="vsides" is sides and again bottom is frame="bottom" .

bipper
09-04-2005, 11:04 PM
You would need to use css for this. If you need code, tell me what you need and I can post it :) If you need some tutotrials go to http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Its a great place to start, and I know they keep everything compliant.
Correction: this is possible with tables, but stick to css it is easier and better :D With tables i would suggest making cells that were narrow and making them "look like borders" get what i am saying?
Bipper

theundeadhero
09-04-2005, 11:12 PM
I can use CSS for it, I just really didn't want to. It's for the newsletter and I was told to keep it as much html as possible. Other little CSS styles are hidden in there as well so it's no big deal.

bipper
09-04-2005, 11:17 PM
then set the cellspacing to like 3 px or whatever and add a TD tag to the right of column one (making a fake right border) and to the bottom of colum one (set colspan to 2 and set the table background color to whatever you want the border color to: Remeber you can set different bg colors to differen table data tags!!)

Bipper