PDA

View Full Version : Wireless networking

Del Murder
09-04-2005, 11:30 PM
I bought a wireless network adapter for my laptop. It 'connected' to my home network but the internet still isn't working. It had a space for a password on the connection screen but I don't remember the password and don't know how to find it on the main computer (which I am using now). How do I find the password if I need it, or is something else wrong?

Samuraid
09-05-2005, 12:03 AM
You can probably log in to your router's control panel and look up the password. (look under WEP or WPA encryption)

Cruise Control
09-05-2005, 12:21 AM
*asks mom*

bipper
09-05-2005, 12:58 AM
So many routers, thats why they make manuals :eek:

Some wireless routers require you to open portals to the internet for each user. Your password should be available somewhere, if not there is a physical reset button on there that you can push with a pin. Push that and reset up your modem. I find myself doing this once in a while when they get 'quirky'
bipper

Killy
09-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Should you not remember the password to your router either, they usually have a reset button that resets the password back to factory default. Then you can begin the painful process of setting everything back up.

rubah
09-05-2005, 03:22 AM
You could always look on portforward.com They list the default passwords for most common routers. And well, if someone changed it from the default, you could always reset it xD