PDA

View Full Version : Best Specialized Characters

abrojtm
09-05-2005, 05:20 AM
Now, I know that any class has potential, but which specialized characters, other than Orlandu, do you think are the best?

Strife21abc
09-05-2005, 05:30 AM
I think cloud is the best special charater cause of 3 main reasons.

1) He looks so damn cool!!!
2)His limit skills are amazing
3)He helps out in the last battles

P.S. The only thing that sucks is u dont get him till the end of the game

Behold the Void
09-05-2005, 07:14 AM
While Cloud is certainly one of my final five and his skills are really rather good, I must say that I prefer Beowulf's Magic Sword. Chicken is a powerful attack against many encounters, and Drain can do a good amount of damage against Zodiac Braves. Cloud's lengthy charge time (even with the Short Charge ability) detract from his usefulness.

Despotus
09-05-2005, 03:22 PM
I concur with Sir B.T.V., Beowulf is definitely tops in my book. His sword skills have a very high success probability. And because they are sword skills and not spells, they have no charge time. The only downside is that they require MP.

Now if you want to talk about other N.P.C.'s, I would have really loved to have gotten Celia and Lede on my squad. To have their 100% sure Death and Stop attacks... :goofy: *drools*

BG-57
09-05-2005, 04:54 PM
No Orlandu? Figures. :greenie:

Anyway, Beowulf is definately second for me, for the previously stated reasons. He's equally good at mowing down enemies, and buying time for the party to treasure hunt/look for exits/poach.

Agrias comes in third. Naturally, her Holy Knight abilities pale in comparison to Orlandu, but with a Ragnarok and a Setiemson she can do comperable damage. Her Lightning Strike and Holy Explosion give her excellent range attacks.

As for NPCs I'd prefer Olan. Two words: :save: Galaxy Stop :save:

TurkSlayer
09-05-2005, 05:05 PM
As for NPCs I'd prefer Olan. Two words: :save: Galaxy Stop :save:

I think Ezel in FFTA was suppose to make up for not getting Olan in FFT.

I wish you could have gotten Balmafula too, though I don't know if she can use magic now that her tongues been cut off...

Anyway, fav. specialized class... I really wish I could say Cloud, but I can't. I have to agree with the majority and say Beowulf. He's just to useful. Cloud is second, though.

RedCydranth
09-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Well, Agrias has to be on the list high up there because you have her for most of the game and is a powerhouse. Also Mustadio (who nobody else mentioned) is extremely usefull for the majority of the game because he can snipe and kill undead 1 hit, without worry of ressurection. I personally feel Snipe is one of the best skills because it immobilizes your opponent.

I'm going to go ahead and agree with eveyone that Beowulf is probably overall the most useful besides Orlandu. He's pretty rocking.

Meliadoul would have been much better if you got her a lot earlier. Getting her so close to Orlandu made her obsolete and useless. Raf and Malak are wastes, and Cloud i feel takes far too long to do the damage that Agrias can instantly. And Cloud must have the Materia Blade to be effective. If it could be any knight sword, he'd be more effective.

As for NPCs. Olan Durai takes the prize. Galaxy Stop is way too powerful. I love it. A shame you only see him in one battle.

So aside from Orlandu and NPCs

1. Beowulf
2. Agrias
3. Mustadio

Reis, Worker 8 and Byblos are all decent but replacable. Later on Mustadio's use fades, but then I make him a ninja and rock people with him that way :)

Dark Messenger
09-06-2005, 11:50 AM
1. Cloud: Limit
2. Agrias
3. Melidoul: Good with Draw-Out
4. Mustadio
5. Rafa: Good wth magic and Talk skill
6. Beowulf

(the list is NOT from best to worst, what? you think I'd make Beowulf the worst on the list!? get outta here...)

Tip: Did you know Mustadio's Snipe is better when his Speed rises? Use Ramza to Yell at him. And Ramza is good with Talk Skills, his Scream raises his Magic Attack making Talk Skills go up by one for every Scream he uses.

Tama2
09-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Beowulf. He is the best for treaure huntin in DD. :D