PDA

View Full Version : Whaaaaat?!?!?!

Momiji
09-05-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm banned from #eoff. I didn't even do anything! I haven't been there in like a month. Can someone PLEASE tell me what's going on?

KentaRawr!
09-05-2005, 03:21 PM
I think that you should PM a Moderator/Administrator about this.

Momiji
09-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Yeah.... I guess. But this has gone too far. I was banned once for doing something I didn't know was wrong, and I didn't even know I was doing it. But this time I didn't do ANYTHING. Nothing at all. If I can't be unbanned I wish that I could at LEAST be told why I was banned in the first place.

Loony BoB
09-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Yes, you should PM a staffer about this.

How are you connecting and what message are you getting? Are you using the new chat server? Please note that the new chat server is as follows:

Server: irc.eyesonff.com
Port: 6667

You can also reach the chatroom using the java client.

For some reason, the folks over at ffchat have decided to ban everyone from accessing #eoff on their server, where there used to be a message telling you how to get to the new server and chatroom.

I'm guessing that's the problem you're having, though.

Momiji
09-05-2005, 04:19 PM
MIRC Info:
server: irc.ffchat.net
port: 6669
room: #eoff

I use the chat server that is used on the page..... How do I change servers? The port is different, too.

This is the message I got.

#eoff Cannot join Channel because you are banned (+b)

Vyk
09-05-2005, 04:26 PM
I got the same thing. Chubz was harboring #eoff refugees on the server though in #e0ff (as in a zero, and not the letter O) but your best bet would be to connect to the real chat server (hopefully this is the last time it changes).

rubah
09-05-2005, 06:05 PM
twilight paladin, if you just open mirc without the options window, just type /server irc.eyesonff.com 6667 (or 6669, it doesn't matter) then /join #eoff

#e0ff is Mexico. It's just the cheapo-ripoff of #eoff that Cibie and Chubbz0rs are holding down since all the rest of us simple farmers deserted it:(

There's an article in the EoFFwiki about it.

Momiji
09-05-2005, 10:38 PM
I use the applet provided by the forums. So, I have no clue what you're talking about. :confused:

Loony BoB
09-05-2005, 10:58 PM
As rubah said, when you use the chat panel on the site, just type this...

/server irc.eyesonff.com:6667

And then type this once it's fully loaded...

/join #eoff

You should be fine :)

Momiji
09-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Ok then.

Shoeberto
09-05-2005, 11:00 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/chat
Is that what you're using? It should be working, unless you were actually banned, but as far as I can tell it looks like you're still connecting to ffchat's server.

Loony BoB
09-05-2005, 11:23 PM
And if you are using the webpage, it may be worth holding down Ctrl and pressing F5 to do a hard-refresh of the page. It might load the new server on the applet that way. Just a guess, though.