PDA

View Full Version : slowing down the slots

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-05-2005, 08:44 PM
I read somewhere that if you repeatedly press square when the slots are turning in battle square it slows them down so that it is easier to select the one you want. I have 2 questions

1. Is this true?

2. does the same apply for cait siths slots and tifa's limit?

G SpOtZ
09-05-2005, 10:33 PM
it's supposed to work but i don't like it too much. u have to have a quick reactioni from pressing square tons of times then x really quickly tho.

redxiiii
09-05-2005, 11:16 PM
It seems to work well for me and yes I think you can use it for tifa`s limit am not sure about caitsith`s though, I don`t think it would be a good idea to use that cheat on a limit anyway, it`ll take to long and you will most probably die while attempting it.

G SpOtZ
09-05-2005, 11:43 PM
^^ unless you use "Wait" as ur atb.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-06-2005, 03:03 PM
thannx guys!

boys from the dwarf
09-06-2005, 06:55 PM
i hate doing it but it would probbably work well with a turbo contoller.

Sepho
09-07-2005, 12:39 AM
The slots don't actually slow down. The repeated interrupting of the rhythm caused by mashing the square button gives the illusion of the slots slowing down. Either way, it's still an effective method, and with a little practice you should be able to pick whatever handicap you want with a decent level of consistency.

It's a good way to break all your materia and maximize the BP you get from fighting in the Battle Square.

DJZen
09-07-2005, 02:44 AM
break-all + break-all + break-all + break-all + break-all alone nets you something ludicrous.

Mercen-X
09-07-2005, 06:41 AM
It's a good way to break all your materia and maximize the AP you get from fighting in the Battle Square.
You're off by a letter. You're looking for beta, not alpha. "BP"

Could you imagine someone believing you could build up your materia's AP through Battle Square?

Sepho
09-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Okie dokie. *edits*

Dr.K
09-08-2005, 12:37 AM
The slots don't actually slow down. The repeated interrupting of the rhythm caused by mashing the square button gives the illusion of the slots slowing down. Either way, it's still an effective method, and with a little practice you should be able to pick whatever handicap you want with a decent level of consistency.

It's a good way to break all your materia and maximize the BP you get from fighting in the Battle Square.There it is.

Yes, It's certainly a good method, and one that's served me brilliantly.

eestlinc
09-08-2005, 02:03 AM
I never found that hard to pick the slot I wanted anyway.

Masamune·1600
09-08-2005, 06:15 AM
break-all + break-all + break-all + break-all + break-all alone nets you something ludicrous.

Actually, it's impossible for this to occur; the Break All Materia penalty can only be triggered in the third-to-last and last slot sequences.