PDA

View Full Version : Not sure how to approach this question...

Vyk
09-06-2005, 12:12 AM
I guess I could ask for help in one of two ways. What'd I'd really like is to know if there is a way to force IE or Firefox to extend their time limit for aborting a connection attempt. See, I'm trying to access a site that I know is alive, it's just so congested and lagged from all the people on it that it never responds to my browsers' attempts at connecting. Or if it does respond, the trickle of data is so slow that the browsers give up and give me a DNS error before attempting to load it. If I could force them to give it a longer time limit I can live with how slow it'd load, I just want it to load.

See I'm desperate for a new wallpaper, and I think Minitokyo is probably the best place to look. From what I've seen (when it used to let me access it >_>) it has the largest collection of fan-made anime-esque wallpapers around. If anyone has any suggestions on how to access it without timing out, or can point me to another site with an extensive collection of high quality wallpapers I'd be ever so grateful :D

Shoeberto
09-06-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm not entirely sure if this will help, but in Firefox, type into the address bar about:config

Then type into the filter "network.http.connect.timeout"
Right-click on that and hit "Modify" then enter a higher value.

I'd imagine that's the variable that controls timeout attempts, though I'm not sure if it's in seconds or milliseconds or what.

If that doesn't work, try typing "timeout" into the filter and playing around with the variables that show up.