PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker 2003

Hawkeye
09-06-2005, 03:06 AM
I pretty much understand the whole basic outline of RPGMK 03 (except the variables, but I'll learn that later) Anywho, Im trying to figure out how to get a cut-scene for the beginning of the RPG. I figured that if I went into database and go to Common Events, I could put whatever jive I wanted into, and I guessed that since this was the beginning of my whole RPG, switches wern't necessary. Well, I did what I wanted, but everytime it gets to the end of the Common Event, it repeats itself, and wont end. I tried to find a switch or something to end it, but no dice.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about, or do I have to continue making no sense? Basically, I want to know how to initiate my RPG (like any other) in the beginning with a cut-scene, or something of the sort, without it repeating itself. Any help?

Shoeberto
09-06-2005, 03:17 AM
You really don't need a common event, you can just put it all into a normal event.

For your starting map, just put an autostart event that outlines your cinematic. Once it's done, make a switch and turn it to On, something like "intro finished", then make a second page to your autostart that's just Push Button or something that's triggered by your "intro finished" switch.