PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my controller...

MoonsEcho
09-06-2005, 07:05 AM
...but ONLY on THIS game. This still might not be the right place to post, so I apologize if it's not.

Anyway, when I put Kingdom Hearts in and turn on the PS2, I can use the X button at the Browser/Setup menu and I can use it to select to load my game and to choose which file. Once my game is loaded, I can use the X button in the game's main menu to select equipment, customize characters, etc., but I can't use it to fight, cast spells, or select items while I'm playing. The only time I can use it is in the main menu. I tried using different controllers, but the game wouldn't let me since none of the others are Dual Shock 2. Does anyone know what's wrong? The X button works fine with every other game.

Mercen-X
09-06-2005, 08:21 AM
I'm not seeing any logical explanation as to why your controller works with any other game besides KH or why you can't use X during battle. Are you sure you're using the D-Pad to select the proper options?

Skyblade
09-06-2005, 09:21 AM
But the default is the attack command. And she said she couldn't use it for attack, magic, or items. Sounds like a really bad glitch. Borrow a friend's KHs to see if it is your copy.

Mercen-X
09-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Could be accidentally hitting the D-Pad and down-scrolling.

Skyblade
09-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Could be accidentally hitting the D-Pad and down-scrolling.

That wouldn't last through a careful test, which I think she's done.

MoonsEcho
09-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Yes, I'm sure of what I'm doing =P I guess I'll try to find another copy of the game somehow, if that would be the only explanation. =\

Oh, by the way, I'm a she xD

Mercen-X
09-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Try renting.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-06-2005, 11:30 PM
or it could be the ps2

Mercen-X
09-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Yes. Do you have PS2 or PS2 Slim. 'Cause PS2 can stop working at full capacity after a while, you may need to get the Slim.

OmniOmega
09-07-2005, 12:21 AM
bah my PS2 works fine, ive gotten up to about 35 hours of use without any problems(most of that is me sleeping through it and leaving it on when i leave etc.)

and for the game thing, if it is your game, EBay that! ill bid on a glitchy KH game!

MoonsEcho
09-07-2005, 12:31 AM
I don't see how it would be the PS2. I mean, the only thing wrong is I can't use the X button to fight or access magic and items on ONE game. Like I said, it works fine in the main menu of KH, and on every other game I own. =\

I suppose I can go buy another Dual Shock 2 controller and if it still doesn't work with KH, I'll have to assume it's a weird glitch with the game and see what I can have done about it.

OmniOmega
09-07-2005, 01:02 AM
EBay!

Cruise Control
09-13-2005, 06:21 PM
L3 can be used to attack.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-13-2005, 08:59 PM
thtz r3 buddy XD

Pouring Rain
09-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Weird. You have a totally weird glitch. Hmm....so, no matter how many times you restart the PS2, it still does that? Hmm....if your PS2 is on the floor. you might wanna put it on a table or somethin. Try another controller. And if it still don't work, maybe its that your PS2 isn't responding to that command. Get another PS2, and try it again. Or try it on another PS2, like your friends PS2, and if it works, theres something wrong with your PS2. If it doesn't work, then there's something wrong with the game. Rent out another KH game and try it.

Cruise Control
09-14-2005, 11:47 AM
thtz r3 buddy XDSame damn thing LOL.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-14-2005, 08:46 PM
l3 is on the left and r3 is on the right, with l3 move genious:D

MoonsEcho
09-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I guess I'll just try to get ahold of another copy of the game and see. I'm sure it's not the controller because the controller works fine with all my other games. I can still use the X button in other parts of KH, which is what I don't understand. *sigh* The game used to work just fine. I got it for Christmas while I was visiting my parents and it worked fine the whole time I was there (I'm in Halloweentown now, in the Hidden Playroom or whatever it's called). And now I can't play it =(

I don't think it's my PS2, because I haven't had any problems with playing any other game. So thanks for all the suggestions, guess I'll bring it to some gaming store and see what they can figure.