PDA

View Full Version : Art request

Rusty
09-06-2005, 09:04 AM
I'm in the beginnings of writing a novel/story at the moment - it's only the beginnings of it. I suppose I'm asking for this a bit early. But I was wondering if anyone would like to have a go at drawing the cover illustration to it? I don't expect it to be finished any time soon though. If you want to have a go at it let me know in the thread so I can tell a bit about the story and what I'd like on the cover.

Also is anyone here skilled at drawing maps? Not full on road maps - but the maps you sometimes see at the start of a book. I'm hopeless at it. So if you can do that let me know as well.

Thanks so much :)

Shadow Bahamut
09-06-2005, 09:41 AM
i could do both for you, just give me some details; what sorta names of places for the map, etc, etc..
just pm me with the details..

KoShiatar
09-06-2005, 09:30 PM
What kind of story is it?

Yew-Yevon
09-07-2005, 02:41 AM
I could give it a shot.

Rusty
09-07-2005, 03:10 AM
Ok then, Yu-Yevon and Shadow Bahamut I'll send you the details via PM - thanks so much :)

KoShiatar - I haven't thought about what genre it is - drama/tragedy/romance?

Laugh at face of Danger
09-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Oh, i'd like to have a go too!!

Rusty
09-08-2005, 03:21 AM
Ok - I'll send you the information too :)

themagicroundabout
09-08-2005, 07:04 AM
:excited: could i give it a go too? :)

Shadow Bahamut
09-08-2005, 10:14 AM
hey, i notice a few people from the Art Tournament gettin involved, good luck guys!!

Rusty
09-08-2005, 11:12 AM
:excited: could i give it a go too? :)

Yep, sure :) That'd be cool. I'll send you the info via PM.

Tai-Ti
09-08-2005, 11:30 AM
while this topic is up, i was wonderin if anyone could make a cover for a short story im doing too. Like, somthing done in a program like Open Canvas or Photoshop, you know, computer drawing? It has a better name, but..BaH, well, can anyone?

Carlene
09-10-2005, 03:39 PM
R u talking bout hand drawing the covers/ maps? Coz yeah, I'd give it ago :D
Maps like in the LOTR books and other Fantasy ones? Coz I sometimes make up my own.

Rengori
09-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Ooh! Ohh! I wanna try!

Rusty's anyway.

kawaiileena
09-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Can I give it a try, too?

Rusty
09-11-2005, 05:27 AM
R u talking bout hand drawing the covers/ maps? Coz yeah, I'd give it ago :D
Maps like in the LOTR books and other Fantasy ones? Coz I sometimes make up my own.

Yea, maps like in LOTR books and other Fantasy ones. That's what I'm talking about. I don't have all my information for a map yet - but I plan to work on it tomorrow, so I'll send you a PM when I've got all the info :)

And, yea you guys can have a go at the cover illustration! I love to see what everyone comes up with. I sent you the info for the illustration in a PM.

Shadow Bahamut
09-11-2005, 08:53 AM
ok, here's my illustration for the cover. It hasn't turned out that well cuz i had to use a digicam (my scanners broke). It's all hand drawn, there is some colour in there, e.g. the title, and the face. The drawing of her full-self, is pencil shaded only, no colour really used in that.
One last thing, the authors name is written in an Old English Hand, to try to fit in with the period of the story (it is actually older than that, but it's as good as i could get it to look). :p

i think that's it, all's i need is the map info. ;)

Rusty
09-11-2005, 09:05 AM
ok, here's my illustration for the cover. It hasn't turned out that well cuz i had to use a digicam (my scanners broke). It's all hand drawn, there is some colour in there, e.g. the title, and the face. The drawing of her full-self, is pencil shaded only, no colour really used in that.
One last thing, the authors name is written in an Old English Hand, to try to fit in with the period of the story (it is actually older than that, but it's as good as i could get it to look). :p

i think that's it, all's i need is the map info. ;)

The illustration is beautiful! I love it so much, very well drawn. Thank you so much for doing that for me, you did a wonderful job :)

Shadow Bahamut
09-11-2005, 09:17 AM
thank you. as soon as my scanner's going, i'll post a beter pic.