PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this? (FFII)

Light Mage
09-06-2005, 02:21 PM
After getting "Minwu" (why did they change his name?) after returning from the castle at the start of the game, I just keep him in my party and level up my character's stats.

Everyone is now at about 1'000 HP and 150 MP, all have Holy (only just bought), the best armour fresh from Mysidia and I've not even gone to Salamand or Bafsk yet to continue the story when Minwu leaves my party.

I'm not giving up all his high-level healing powers just yet!

Minwu's shedloads of White Magic keeps me going all the way to Mysidia and back, developing my characters and the rest of the game will be a breeze. Until I get tired of developing everyone and earning loads of Gil from selling Berserk scrolls won from the Magician monsters...

boys from the dwarf
09-06-2005, 06:53 PM
shame hell leave soon but use him to your advantage while you still have him.

Peter_20
09-06-2005, 09:04 PM
I love power leveling, I really dunno why; perhaps it´s this feeling of invincibility,
like ""hahahaHAHA, I OWN U, monsterzzz!" :D
Or maybe it´s the feeling of getting this high equipment stuff over with as soon as possible, so you don´t need to worry about that anymore.
No matter what, it´s great fun.

Mysidia is incredible, you can get there practically at the start of the game.
Just get the Canoe, take the airship to Kashuon and ride with this chocobo all the way to the lakes by Mysidia.
Walk the rest of the pretty short road - and then, you´re there.

Money might be a problem, but as earlier mentioned, you can just sell scrolls, which are easily won by various enemies at the Warship location - or alternatively fight around in this secret area below Altea.
You get about 1000 Gil per fight there, which is pretty nifty.

Now I started to feel like playing this game.
So long! :)

EmeraldWeaponluvsRuby
09-06-2005, 09:55 PM
I just did that a few days ago on the NES version. Doing that makes a good majority of the game (Sewers - retaking of Finn) simple as hell, which makes the game quite fun if you're playing the original (or Origins) version.

EDIT: Grammar.

Captain Maxx Power
09-06-2005, 10:03 PM
If you're playing DoS then it'll prove to your advantage later...

Peter_20
09-06-2005, 10:59 PM
I´m maxing them out right now.
I just got Minh, and now I´m running around at Phin maxing out all kinds of stats; I´m sick of chars missing their targets all the time, or spells that deal poor damage and whatnot.
So, I´m gonna be extreme this time and MAX OUT like a maniac!
Not THAT much, of course; I´m gonna stick to maxing out things that my chars are primarily intended to use most of the time.
Firion is a kind of Paladin, so I´ll max his sword skill, white magic and Soul stat; Maria is a Hunter/Black Wizard, so she´ll master the bow, her black magic and the Intelligence stat.
And so on.

I think this game will be much more entertaining if you get rid of all those battles that take forever (how about an enemy cast of three Slep16? YAWN!!!), and simply überlevel, so that you can defeat all those damn enemies QUICKLY! :D

It may take forever, but I like this system anyway.
I´m able to reach unimaginable HP and stuff relatively fast. :love:

rubah
09-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Eh, I've never bothered to go to mysidia before it's necessary, and I never really needed to.

DJZen
09-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Maxing is hardly necessary.

Creed
09-07-2005, 02:14 AM
All I did was go and train at Alitar (this is the DoS)then when i got Minwu I trained near the Sargent untill Firion was at 1450 health and 150 mana,Maria at 350 Mana and 870 health,Guy at 2000 health and 55 Mana and Minwu at some amount of both but i manly trained the 3 main characters.

boys from the dwarf
09-07-2005, 07:24 AM
i go to mysidia when i have to but it is useful to go there early.

Sephex
09-07-2005, 07:44 AM
In terms of power leveling, I'm afraid I end up doing that in almost every RPG I ever play. I am just addicted to the feeling of wasting my SWORN ENEMIES!

Fireblade13
09-07-2005, 08:56 PM
I like klling Captains on my my way to the dreadnought. And getting a Flamebow and Toad for Maria and a nice Gold Armor for All.