PDA

View Full Version : Fav Battle music in an RPG game

Reine
09-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Considering that the other thread I saw was dedicated to FF game Final Boss music, i decided to make this thread.

List your favourite battle themes. It can be any RPG, and is has to be music that plays during a battle.

Mine are: (Long List ahead)

FF1: The Fiend Battles (Maralith/Tiamat is better)
FF2: Final Battle
FF3: Dark Cloud was alright, it was MIDI. Cant remember any other music though
FF4: I THINK i liked Zeromus' theme, but i deleted that file
FF5: MIDIs for the final battles were all right
FF6: Boss Theme, Extreme Boss Theme, Dancing Mad was alright
FF7: Boss Theme, One Winged Angel
FF8: The music when fighting Ultima Weapon, that music is best suited to a battle BTW. Premonition (The music fighting Ultimecia's first form)
FF9: Boss Theme, Dark Messenger (Im listening to it right now), the music when you fight Hades, whats it called?
FF10: Boss Theme, Challenge, Summoned Beast Battle
KH: There are many tunes I like in this game, One Winged Angel was surprising

Star Ocean 2: The Boss Theme got in my head for a while. Indalecio's Battle Music is awesome, it really suits the theme, especially when he uses Time of Truth
Star Ocean 3: The music when you first fight a Proclaimer, and when you first fight a Convicter.

Baten Kaitos: Rumbling of the Earth and Doomed in the Netherworld.

Tales of Symphonia: The battle with Mitho's first form

Im sure theres many awesome battle themes, but I live in NZ and cant get the OSTs or games like FFT or anything starting with Xeno, or Valkyrie Profile :cry:

Lord Chainsaw
09-06-2005, 07:08 PM
I agree that Integral Body Imperfect Soul is probably the best of the Wise Men battle tracks from Star Ocean II. Many people prefer the Incarnation of the Devil vs Cyril/Lucifer, and I can see why because it is a great track as well. While Incarnation gets your blood pumping a lot more, Integral is just far more moody, and heightens the fact that Indalecio is a monumental opponent.

I'm fond of all of the Tri Ace final battle tracks I've heard, although I haven't finished Star Ocean 1. My favorite is Highbrow, while Integral Body and the True Nature of All lag behind, but are still great.

Destai
09-06-2005, 11:23 PM
I liked Xenosaga I.

Vermachtnis
09-07-2005, 06:25 PM
I like the tune that play's when you're fight Luther's first form in Star Ocean 3.
I don't know if Digimon World is an RPG are not, but fighting Machindramon is my favorite from that.
The Magus fight in Chrono Trigger is the best fight music.

Lord Chainsaw
09-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Moody Goddess? That's a first. It's the jazz song that plays during the first fight with Luther. It's a pretty neat move seeing jazz during such a climactic fight. I wouldn't consider it one of my favorites, as I really enjoy the second Luther battle music, but it's still pretty good.

Reine
09-08-2005, 11:17 AM
At the moment, Summoned Beast Battle and Decisive Battler from FFX are my absolute favourites.

I didint really like Star Ocean 3's music much. The two tracks I listed are about it. What are they called? I want to get the MP3s of them

Lord Chainsaw
09-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Influence of Truth Appearance is the fight against the Proclaimer.

I'm not entirely sure on the fight against the Convictor. I'll have to check my SO3 soundtrack for the one that sounds similar to what I remember in that fight.

Craig
09-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Dark Messenger.

kawakami Gensai
09-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Dark Messenger.

I second that.

Dreddz
09-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Xenogears battles...

Reine
09-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks Lord Chainsaw.

Does anyone know the name of the track for ordinary Boss music in FFX?

Im also looking for the music when fighting Ultima Wepon in FF8, and the Odin's Tower music in FF8.

I just heard Seymour Battle. It's........cool but very strange...I like it though

Lord Chainsaw
09-10-2005, 12:05 AM
I can't help with FFX or FFVIII, but I just checked SO3 and the Convictor battle is Powerbroker.

FFX_fanatiq
09-15-2005, 04:04 AM
all battle music ticks me off
especially since is random and your like
DAMN another battle @^*&^@*

AirOwn3dMe
09-22-2005, 01:40 AM
Xenosaga2-allthe music!

Vaprice
09-26-2005, 12:31 AM
The FFVIII's theme song.

Markus. D
09-28-2005, 03:52 AM
Lod - all the random encounter battle themes, boss themes, virage battle themes :p

ffviii - sorceress battle (premonition)

ffx - i dont remember what its called, but yunalescasbattle theme.

ffx-2 - dark element battle theme (disquite)

ffvii - J-E-N-O-V-A

disgaea: hour of darkness - Invasion from within (most awesomest battle theme)

cant think of many more right now.

kikimm
09-30-2005, 04:39 AM
Dark Messenger is probably the best one I've heard. I don't know why, but I'm not really fond of boss battle music. It's always my least favorite song on the soundtrack. People need to come up with better Boss Battle music. :(

In my opinion, of course.

Yoruhoshi
10-02-2005, 10:38 PM
I still like the music from Castlevania:SoN and my fav. battle score from FF7 is either the Sephiroth boss music or the regular boss music remixed by the Black Mages.

Jhei
10-02-2005, 11:00 PM
These are my favorite battle themes:
-Final Fantasy V Normal Battle
-Final Fantasy VI Normal Battle
-Final Fantasy VII Normal Battle
-Final Fantasy VII/Kingdom Hearts One Winged Angel
-Final Fantasy VIII Boss Theme (Ordinary)
-Final Fantasy VIII Final Battle (All of the 3 Final themes)
-Final Fantasy IX Normal Battle
-Final Fantasy X Normal Battle
-Final Fantasy X Other World
-Star Ocean 3 Normal Battle
-Star Ocean 3 Luther's 2nd Form
-Legend of Legaia Normal Battle
-Legend of Legia Final Battle
-Grandia 2 Normal Battle
-Grandia 2 Final Battle