PDA

View Full Version : For Us Dying breed....

Dreddz
09-06-2005, 07:55 PM
On october 28th Xenosaga II will be released over in Europe, Pfft, Namco's trying to be kind, But Ill still spit in there faces......

Necronopticous
09-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Well, October 28th is a great day in Europe.

Flying Mullet
09-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Isn't October 28th Haloween Eve Eve Eve?

Agent Proto
09-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Proto Day!

Dreddz
09-06-2005, 08:47 PM
I still dont see why Namco are only releasing Episode II
Im not to worked up on this ( I can play an imported Xenosaga Episode I ), but for everyone else, do they really wanna buy a game that will pretty much not make sense. Sure , theres cutscenes and all, but im pretty sure people do not want to watch hours of game footage before playing the game........

Destai
09-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Im not to worked up on this ( I can play an imported Xenosaga Episode I ), but for everyone else, do they really wanna buy a game that will pretty much not make sense. Sure , theres cutscenes and all, but im pretty sure people do not want to watch hours of game footage before playing the game........If they're not comfortable watching hours of footage at whatever time (episode 1 will probably be released on a dvd with episode 2 by the way) then they have absaloutely no interest in playing xenosaga in the first place. AT ALL.

Lindy
09-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Hopelessly idiotic to not release the first game when you're releasing the sequel.

Parasite Eve 2 was released in EU sans Parasite Eve, and Musashi Samurai Legend is being released here sans Brave Fencer Musashi.

Companies do it all the time, and it's stupid.

I blame Sony anyway, since they have to pay for distribution and localisation, they'll often refuse to release a game in the EU.

Dreddz
09-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Im not to worked up on this ( I can play an imported Xenosaga Episode I ), but for everyone else, do they really wanna buy a game that will pretty much not make sense. Sure , theres cutscenes and all, but im pretty sure people do not want to watch hours of game footage before playing the game........If they're not comfortable watching hours of footage at whatever time (episode 1 will probably be released on a dvd with episode 2 by the way) then they have absaloutely no interest in playing xenosaga in the first place. AT ALL.

no, its just having to watch cut scenes isnt too intresting, like the fact , and I dont think a game will make so much sense just watching scene after scene. Just makes you questions things like how did they get there.

Destai
09-06-2005, 10:11 PM
I'll buy the game by the way and Im looking forward to the rest of the series. Episode III is what? 2008?
no, its just having to watch cut scenes isnt too intresting, like the fact , and I dont think a game will make so much sense just watching scene after scene. Just makes you questions things like how did they get there.But the thing is, Watching a DVD off cutscenes, and playing the actual game wont make that big a difference at all. In xenosaga I particularly.

Dreddz
09-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Im gonna get Episode I, then carry on with the series.
But I still gotta battle through Xenogears before I continue.....

In xenosaga I particularly.
Have you played Xenosaga I ?

Destai
09-06-2005, 10:15 PM
But I still gotta battle through Xenogears before I continue.....Good for you, but just so you know, Xenogears doesnt effect the Xenosaga storyline except for some slight references. There may be alot more references or connections later in the series, but none that you'd necessarily need to play xenogears to understand Xenosaga.

Have you played Xenosaga I ?Nope. I've watched a dvd of all the cutscenes and have read review after review backing up everything I've told you.

Dreddz
09-06-2005, 10:16 PM
But I still gotta battle through Xenogears before I continue.....Good for you, but just so you know, Xenogears doesnt effect the Xenosaga storyline except for some slight references. There may be alot more references or connections later in the series, but none that you'd necessarily need to play xenogears to understand Xenosaga.

Have you played Xenosaga I ?Nope. I've watched a dvd of all the cutscenes and have read review after review backing up everything I've told you.
I just like doing it in order :)

Have you played Xenosaga I ?Nope. I've watched a dvd of all the cutscenes and have read review after review backing up everything I've told you.[/QUOTE]
Then how do you know if theres such a difference ?

Destai
09-06-2005, 10:25 PM

Then how do you know if theres such a difference ?[/QUOTE]What difference was this exactly? I stopped paying attention to spam my own usernotes.

Oh right, Because Monolith went out of there way to put in less cutscenes in episode II and put in longer dungeons. Or so I've been told and read several times.

Sepho
09-06-2005, 10:37 PM

If that's the case, you'd want to play Xenogears last, seeing as how it takes place a long time after both of the Xenosaga episodes released so far. If Xenogears were somehow given a spot in the Xenosaga timeline, it'd probably take place around Episode 5.

You're not likely to see much resemblance between Xenogears and the later Xenosaga episodes, so Xenogears isn't really a prerequisite. That's not to say you shouldn't play it or anything.

Oh right, Because Monolith went out of there way to put in less cutscenes in episode II and put in longer dungeons. Or so I've been told and read several times.

I didn't get to finish Episode II, because my PS2 broke, but that seemed like the case.

Destai
09-06-2005, 10:42 PM

If that's the case, you'd want to play Xenogears last, seeing as how it takes place a long time after both of the Xenosaga episodes released so far. If Xenogears were somehow given a spot in the Xenosaga timeline, it'd probably take place around Episode 5.

You're not likely to see much resemblance between Xenogears and the later Xenosaga episodes, so Xenogears isn't really a prerequisite. That's not to say you shouldn't play it or anything.
Actually I think you might have taken that information the wrong way (or maybe you didnt). I think the creator was trying to rewrite the xenogears storyline and episode 5 of saga was the part of xenogears you played through. Alot of people understood that as meaning episode 5 of Xenosaga literally was xenogears. Maybe you already know what Im saying but alot of people had the wrong idea.

sidenote
episode 1: Crash of the eldrige/Woglinde
episode 2: Contact with Zohar/U-Do (large connection to the Zohar)
Im not sure what the other Xenogears episodes are, if anyone knows could they tell me?

Sepho
09-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Nah, I know what you're sayin', which is why I mentioned that the two series will probably hold no resemblance to each other. From what I understand, the story was rewritten, and the Xenogears staff was supposedly very limited in how they could develop the game, so they didn't exactly get to make the game they wanted with Xenogears.

I was just guesstimating in what part of the Xenosaga storyline Xenogears would take place if it were somehow part of the storyline. Or something.

Lindy
09-07-2005, 01:53 AM
Xenogears is supposed to be Episode 5, according to that super ultimate perfect collection book or whatever it's called.

Which is what Namco are somewhat following for the Xenosaga story.

edczxcvbnm
09-07-2005, 04:54 AM
Don't worry. Xenosaga will suck from now on. They cut all the important stuff from Episode II. I wanted to really get to know the importance of Feb but it was just like 'Okay....ITS OVER!' There were other things that got cut in favor of keeping the cinemas down but over all it was a such a terrible game I have no anticipation for the next game at all. The series can die as far as I am concerned.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-07-2005, 05:10 AM
Im not sure what the other Xenogears episodes are, if anyone knows could they tell me?In the Xenogears continuity, Episode II is concerned with the scenario after the crash of the Eldridge, with the main characters being Abel, Cain, Elehayym, and the Gazel Ministry. The Xenosaga continuity doesn't match up at all. They're separate.

edczxcvbnm
09-07-2005, 05:35 AM
Not to mention that episode III should be taking place 4000 years after the Eldrigde crash with Kim whats his face(they never really got too much into that one). Episode III is so going to be so far away from that.

Destai
09-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Im not sure what the other Xenogears episodes are, if anyone knows could they tell me?In the Xenogears continuity, Episode II is concerned with the scenario after the crash of the Eldridge, with the main characters being Abel, Cain, Elehayym, and the Gazel Ministry. The Xenosaga continuity doesn't match up at all. They're separate.I've also heard that episode II was about Abel making contact with the Zohar which can easily be compared to episode II but what I heard might be wrong. I know Elehayym is Elly or mother Sophias original incarnation or something like that. Cain and the Gazel industry I dont know much about.
Not to mention that episode III should be taking place 4000 years after the Eldrigde crash with Kim whats his face(they never really got too much into that one). Episode III is so going to be so far away from that.The theory is that Xenosaga is a retelling of Xenogears. Not a remake.

Reine
09-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Is there anyway for me to play Xenogears and Xenosage here in New Zealand?

Dreddz
09-07-2005, 04:47 PM
yep there is.
1. Chip your playstation, that can damage your PS2 after time
2. Use my method and use Bot discs, cheap, easy, and dosent damage your PS2....

edczxcvbnm
09-07-2005, 05:13 PM
The theory is that Xenosaga is a retelling of Xenogears. Not a remake.

They are doing a completely ass-tastic job of it then. This isn't a re-telling but a retooling of the story. They have changed damn near everything and continue to do so. It in no way really resembles the story line of Xenogears or its other episodes. Could Xenosaga EVENTUALLY get far enough in its story to do so? Yeah but I don't think it will last that long at the rate it is going. It did okay its first time and pretty much bombed the second time(give the budget it had). If third time doesn't at least match episode II sales you may only see one more episode just to wrap it up.

The whole situation is screwed up.