PDA

View Full Version : niger people

Cloud No.9
09-07-2005, 12:52 AM
what are people from niger called?

no they are not called nigerians. they are from nigeria.

i keep think that they are called *doesn't say it* but that can't be right can it?

Leeza
09-07-2005, 01:02 AM
If Nigerians are from Nigeria then I would think that Nigers would be from Niger.

EDIT: I really don't want to see the other word in this thread.

Jojee
09-07-2005, 01:03 AM
Nigers sound like tigers, or ligers... xD

Where IS Niger?

Cloud No.9
09-07-2005, 01:04 AM
it's in africa.

and leeza i too am against that word. which is why i didn't use it but it was the only other word i can think off.

ps. i found it. it's nigerien.

Kirobaito
09-07-2005, 01:08 AM
Nigeriens, though I'll say it's from Wiki.

The largest ethnic groups in Niger are the Hausa, who also constitute the major ethnic group in northern Nigeria, and the Djerma-Songhai, who also are found in parts of Mali. Both groups, along with the Gourmantche, are sedentary farmers who live in the arable, southern tier of the country. The remainder of Nigeriens are nomadic or semi-nomadic livestock-raising peoples--Fulani, Tuareg, Kanuri, Arabs, and Toubou. With rapidly growing populations and the consequent competition for meager natural resources, lifestyles of agriculturalists and livestock herders have come increasingly into conflict in Niger in recent years.

Niger's high infant mortality rate is comparable to levels recorded in neighboring countries. However, the child mortality rate (deaths among children between the ages of 1 and 4) is exceptionally high (248 per 1,000) due to generally poor health conditions and inadequate nutrition for most of the country's children. Nonetheless, Niger's very high fertility rate (7.2 births per woman), means that nearly half (49%) of the Nigerien population is under age 15. Between 1996 and 2003, primary school attendance was around 30% [3], including 36% of males and only 25% of females. Additional education occurs through Koranic schools

Obviously Nigerians are from Nigeria.

Jojee
09-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Good job Kaybee, you are so intellimagent ;)

NightShadow
09-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Yes...that word really oftens me,since I'm black. < yes people I am.now you know lol.But, Don't think that word, I should never be said, even in generel,joking,or even more. :(

DMKA
09-08-2005, 12:43 AM
lol wikipedia

bipper
09-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Ok, that was strange. I am glad I learned somthing today.

Bipper

nik0tine
09-08-2005, 12:46 AM
what are people from niger called?

no they are not called nigerians. they are from nigeria.

ps. i found it. it's nigerien.