PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Final Fantasy 4's ending (not really a spoiler)

TheDragoonKain
09-07-2005, 06:30 AM
Well, I just finished Final Fantasy 4 and I've got to say, despite how lame some of the translations are and how crude it seems compared to the later FF's, I really liked it alot. Only one thought really ran through my head at the end though: Kain is such a badass! [I actually picked this name a long time ago.] I'm actually curious, does anyone have an animated gif of the SNES ending where Kain is just standing on that ledge with his helmet off and his hair blowing in the wind? That shot was so rad.

Anyhoo, what did you guys think of this ending? It seemed good, but somehow, I don't know, incomplete, or something. Anyway.

Slade
09-07-2005, 07:11 AM
I thought it ended well. It felt finished to me. The only thing i didnt like was Edge. What an annoying character. Lucky Rydia didnt take any notice of him at all. And i agree with you that Kain is the man. That was the best part of the ending where hes standing on that cliff :)

Sephex
09-07-2005, 07:43 AM
I still feel that it is the best FF ending. It really felt like everything was truly resolved, and every single loose end was tied up. That game just gives me great feeling whenever I beat it.

TheDragoonKain
09-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I'm going to go back and record it on VHS, try to port it onto comp, and get that scene out of it. If any of you are interested in any part of it lemme know, but this will be my first venture of that kind, haha so it may be a while before I can get back to you with anything.

Man... Kain... haha,

Oh and Sephex, I loved With Teeth.

Chris
09-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I'm going to go back and record it on VHS, try to port it onto comp, and get that scene out of it. If any of you are interested in any part of it lemme know, but this will be my first venture of that kind, haha so it may be a while before I can get back to you with anything.

Man... Kain... haha,

Oh and Sephex, I loved With Teeth.
I want the ending, plz. :D

TheDragoonKain
09-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Sure, I'll post on here whenever I finish porting it over and all.

KoShiatar
09-07-2005, 10:13 PM
I wanted to rip the scene to an animated GIF some time ago. If you have an emulator, it's an easy thing.....

TheAbominatrix
09-07-2005, 10:20 PM
http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy4/Party/Kain/Kain%20-%20No%20Helmet.gif

TheDragoonKain
09-08-2005, 04:12 AM
You rock abominatrix!

Takara
09-08-2005, 06:13 AM
Kain!!! :love:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-08-2005, 06:20 AM
Cain.

cookieface
09-08-2005, 07:21 AM
What's to think about, it was a good end to a good RPG. none of this stuff that's left unanswered and mysterious. a lot of stuff is revealed, like what color kain's hair was, which was the number 1 thing people wanted to know while playing. we already knew cecil had whitish-blue grandma hair since he turned into a paladin, so nothing about him at the end. but come to think of it, maybe his hair turned white when he became a paladin. maybe he got so scared at that moment it turned white? btw, I'm sure Edge and Rydia do end up together anyways. She was playing hard to get, that's what stereotypes do.

Skarr
09-09-2005, 04:06 AM
it had a good ending...it made me like the game more...and the cain's a blonde thing was also a good addition...makes ya love the 2D games all over again!!

Takara
09-09-2005, 07:49 AM
I don't know, I like to believe Cecil's hair was already that blueish/purpleish white due to his Lunarian heritage. After all, people who already knew him before he was even made a Dark Knight like Rosa, Kain, and Cid didn't go "OMGWTFHAPPENEDTOYOURHAIRLOL!!!!!!!111!"

Madonna
09-09-2005, 08:06 PM
What's to think about, it was a good end to a good RPG. none of this stuff that's left unanswered and mysterious. a lot of stuff is revealed, like what color kain's hair was, which was the number 1 thing people wanted to know while playing.I don't think Cain's hair color ever mattered to me. It's not a story element, it's not a cool ability, and it didn't have any importance. It's hair. Nothing to flip out about.

KoShiatar
09-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Kain. <3

The Abominatrix, we <3 you.

Edit: I wonder if I could use that as an avatar? Do I have your permission?

Lawr
10-14-2005, 11:02 PM
http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy4/Party/Kain/Kain%20-%20No%20Helmet.gif

This is the true meaning of...
1337 15 /\/\ /-\g|(

Ultima Shadow
10-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Anyhoo, what did you guys think of this ending? It seemed good, but somehow, I don't know, incomplete, or something. Anyway.Well... I think Rydia was pretty darn hot in it... but yeah... like you said, it felt a bit incomplete. Not enough hentai in it. :-/

SixthFlyingFighter
10-15-2005, 08:46 PM
... Hentai?

Dude... It's not so hard to just find Rydia hentai on the intarweb. Google images.

FF endings DON'T NEED HENTAI.

But, yeah. Ending... I don't remember much of the ending. I just remember Edge and Rydia got married. And Rydia's name was horribly mistranslated. Supposed to be Lydia.

TheAbominatrix
10-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Cecil and Rosa got married. Edge and Rydia did not.

Ultima Shadow
10-15-2005, 11:34 PM
... Hentai?Yes, hentai! :joey:
Dude... It's not so hard to just find Rydia hentai on the intarweb. Google images.
:joey:

FF endings DON'T NEED HENTAI.
Yes, they do. :joey:
I just remember Edge and Rydia got married.Uh... no, they didn't...
And Rydia's name was horribly mistranslated. Supposed to be Lydia.Rydia's cooler, though... so I prefere to call her that. :cool:

vivi knight
10-21-2005, 12:05 PM
i satded playing ff4 for the frist time in my life so i really don.t know:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

TheAbominatrix
10-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Kain. <3

The Abominatrix, we <3 you.

Edit: I wonder if I could use that as an avatar? Do I have your permission?

I just noticed this post. I <3 you too.

And you're more than welcome to, I got it from a random website anyway. Just googled it xD

KoShiatar
10-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Oh, okay XD