PDA

View Full Version : Possible FF Sequels

Reine
09-07-2005, 02:46 PM
After many FF games, ive noticed that many have the chance to have squels made for them. FF9 in my opinion has the highest, because Necron states that 'This is not the end. I am eternal. As long as there is life and death'

After X-2 came out, i remember getting excited at the possibility of Sequels for many earlier FF games. FF4 is also a good example. Maybe it could follow Golbez, and what happens after the moon seperates? Or FF6 and the World of Healing as it is comonly called, and the reconstruction of the world...

What to you guys think? We all know Square WONT do it, but still, we can imagine...

Crossblades
09-07-2005, 03:12 PM
I don't really think any other FF games need a sequel. They're fine theway they are

ThroneofDravaris
09-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Actually, Necron’s lines are a parody of something Zeromus says at the end of FFIV, they don't really imply anything more than that.

Of all the FF games, I think FFVI is most likely to get a sequel. It shouldn't, because the ending is so finite it's sad, but it will, because people like this game, and people also have the unfortunate tendency to suck...

Kawaii Ryûkishi
09-07-2005, 03:31 PM
If you think that line is nothing more than a Zeromus reference then you don't understand that part of FFIX's story. I don't think it necessarily gives way for a sequel, but I wouldn't mind a FFIX-2 regardless of the premise.

ThroneofDravaris
09-07-2005, 03:38 PM
It's one line..what more could it possibly have to do with the story, other than it means he lives indefinately?

Dreddz
09-07-2005, 04:45 PM
I think that earlier FF's could have sequels, FFIX would probably be the best option.
But.....

1. I dought it will be any good
2. Probably not gonna happen....

Craig
09-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Maybe Zidane and Garnet could have a child who could team up with Eiko, and the child of Amarant and that Lani chick, to become a team of chocograph hunters. The Canarys.

They could get into crazy adventures as they race against their many rival chocograph hunting teams, who have sprouted up since the mist became no more, and they are free to explore the world.

Gardane - The free spirited thief with a bubbly personality. Daughter of Zidane and Garnet.

Eiko - The humble white mage/summoner in search of evidence that her lost love Vivi is still alive.

Larant - The cold, withdrawn warrior, in search of treasure and nothing more. Daughter of Amarant and Lani.

Gardane's older brother, Zinet will pilot the Invincible and hold a crush for Eiko, who turns out to be Garnet's niece. Therefore having a crush on his cousin.

ljkkjlcm9
09-07-2005, 06:19 PM
I don't see a sequel to FFVI, but maybe a Prequel which is the War of the Magi, i mean, that could even be the title. FFVIII could also have a prequel with laguna.

THE JACKEL

KoShiatar
09-07-2005, 09:03 PM
If you think that line is nothing more than a Zeromus reference then you don't understand that part of FFIX's story. I don't think it necessarily gives way for a sequel, but I wouldn't mind a FFIX-2 regardless of the premise.

I <3 FF IX.
But I'm afraid of sequels, even after liking Advent Children so much.
There's always the risk.

TheAbominatrix
09-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I think most of the FF games ended perfectly wrapped up and dont need a sequel. VII definitly left the door open for it. VI... I dont see the fun in that without magic, as much as I'd love to see what the party is up to, I'd rather see a prequel about the War of the Magi. That can be expanded on so much, and I think it'd be rather fun.

For IV... isnt Golbez just going to sleep on the Moon, same as FuSoYa? Didnt the say that as they left? I cant remember... Regardless, I wouldnt be much interested in a IV sequel.

Takara
09-07-2005, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't want to play a sequel of FFIV either, despite it being my favourite game. The ending didn't leave a lot opened for a sequel, and I like it that way.

Now a prequel about FFVI's War of the Magi? Hell yes! I'd love to play that. Or as it was already suggested, a FFVIII prequel about Laguna.

DJZen
09-08-2005, 03:27 AM
Final Fantasy II-2: The Search for Lionheart

Frioniel, Maria and Guy begin their long search for Lionheart through the familiar environments of FFII! Re-explore familiar favorites such as Leviathan's stomach, the Ice Cave, and Deist Cave! Learn all new exciting spells such as Meltdown, Quake, and even BIO! Yes, you can now poison enemies with magic! You can even level up ENTIRELY NEW STATS! Plus, now you can summon! And there's FMVs! And moogles! YES! YOU WANT THIS GAME!