PDA

View Full Version : we need a new rule.

Cloud No.9
09-07-2005, 03:45 PM
yes we do. people who post just quotes of what other people say. not with their own comment or anything just the quote andnothing else. i know it's supposed to show agreement. but especially in eotw and eoeo it is really quite annoying and doesn't add anything. spam could have been in that space for all the good that it does as it really shouldn't be there. i'm all for agreeing but it would be nice if people could use their won words instead of making people read the same post twice while adding nothing.

Meat Puppet
09-07-2005, 03:48 PM
yes we do. people who post just quotes of what other people say. not with their own comment or anything just the quote andnothing else. i know it's supposed to show agreement. but especially in eotw and eoeo it is really quite annoying and doesn't add anything. spam could have been in that space for all the good that it does as it really shouldn't be there. i'm all for agreeing but it would be nice if people could use their won words instead of making people read the same post twice while adding nothing.

Cruise Control
09-07-2005, 03:55 PM
I agree with Cloud No. 9

Loony BoB
09-07-2005, 03:59 PM
I actually don't have any objections to quoting without adding anything being considered spam in EoTW and EoEO, but at the same time I don't really post in those forums so I don't know if it's that bad or not.

Madonna
09-07-2005, 04:05 PM
I thought that would have fallen under the Use Your Smurfing Brain Rule. I agree that simply quoting another person is not adding to a serious discussion in the more serious fora of this board. I agree and disagree all the time when I read people's posts, but unless I have an argument or a point to make, I don't add another post, and certainly don't resort to quoting and nothing else.

Loony BoB
09-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Wait a minute, guys. We're agreeing with Cloud No. 9 here. Surely, this must be some kind of cunningly disguised trap...

Madonna
09-07-2005, 04:12 PM
I consider this the only thread he has created that is worthwhile.

Meat Puppet
09-07-2005, 04:14 PM
I do it because we are all created equal.

Strider
09-07-2005, 04:18 PM
If something has been said that can't be said any better, what's the harm in quoting them for agreement? Don't try and compare that with spam. Come on now.

Old Manus
09-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Imitation is the most bannable form of flattery.

Light Mage
09-07-2005, 04:53 PM
I wholeheartedly agree.

No really I do.

Did you see what I did here?

Hawkeye
09-07-2005, 05:08 PM
I don't see any problem in it. The only reason I mainly quote over people and not write anything else is solely because that person said what I said, like the breakfest thread, RSL said he didn't eat breakfest, that was exactly what I was going to do, and ot of laziness, I just quoted him and that was my post. Whats the harm? If its something rediculous, then yeah, we may have a problem

Cloud No.9
09-07-2005, 05:08 PM
oi! i create lots of worthwhile threads. i do.

and this is a trap. it's already trapped light mage and meat puppet.

Light Mage
09-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Yeah... but I lied. I just wrapped "[quote=Light Mage]" tags around my own posting.

Agent Proto
09-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Light Mage quoted himself.

Um... yeah.

I don't really see anything wrong with quotes only posts, but I find it pretty pointless if someone quoted the entire post that's longer than a paragraph.

Meat Puppet
09-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Did he actually quote a post he had made, or did he create the illusion he did?

Cloud No.9
09-07-2005, 05:24 PM
just the illussion. but that's beyond the point. it's annoying and spam-like. (not light mage's thing but posting like that in general).

Cz
09-07-2005, 05:39 PM
This is a decent suggestion, but for the sake of tradition it should and will be ignored.

edczxcvbnm
09-07-2005, 06:13 PM
n

o

o

o

o

o

o

o

o

o

o

o

o

o

o

o

o

o

Cruise Control
09-07-2005, 06:32 PM
The ownage!

MecaKane
09-07-2005, 07:59 PM
I consider this the only thread he has created that is worthwhile.
That's because I made it like a year ago when everyone was starting to do it. >:O

Shoeberto
09-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I thought we had already deliberated on the same thing in a different thread not too long ago.

Shlup
09-07-2005, 08:32 PM
I like it 'cause it means I don't have to read a post that's just re-stating another one.

Rye
09-07-2005, 08:33 PM
I like it 'cause it means I don't have to read a post that's just re-stating another one.

I agree with this. And I'm in love with Shlup's sig.

Yamaneko
09-07-2005, 08:37 PM
:(

Light Mage
09-07-2005, 08:44 PM
I never knew you could have so much fun with quotes and the quote tag.

*is well chuffed*

Old Manus
09-07-2005, 08:51 PM
[QUOTE]of course, this might happen.[quote

XxSephirothxX
09-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Most of the time I think it's a good way to show agreement with a point, but sometimes (more often than not, when it's done multiple times per topic) it gets annoying. It's not really that bad, though. I'd just leave it alone.

Destai
09-07-2005, 10:43 PM
You complain too much Cloud. Its not that annoying if annoying at all and it still gives across an opinion.

bipper
09-07-2005, 10:58 PM
I agree with <s> spam </s> cloud

Bipper

ZeZipster
09-07-2005, 11:19 PM
Oh-yeah, because EoFF isn't strict enough as it is. :rolleyes2

eestlinc
09-07-2005, 11:39 PM
who cares? we should make a rule banning all stupid posts. It's basically the same thing. what, is staff going to delete every quote-only post? I sure as hell won't waste my time doing that.

edczxcvbnm
09-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Here are your options

a)
I like pizza
b) What smurfface said

Either way it accomplishes the same retarded thing.

Shoeberto
09-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Quiet, you.

Shlup
09-08-2005, 12:03 AM
How is agreeing with someone more retarded than saying your own opinion, which is the same as someone elses, but writing it in your own words so that someone has to read a whole nother thing to hear your opinion? I'd rather be saved from having to read the same thing over and over in different words.

Hell, people should quote each other more often.

eestlinc
09-08-2005, 12:21 AM
How is agreeing with someone more retarded than saying your own opinion, which is the same as someone elses, but writing it in your own words so that someone has to read a whole nother thing to hear your opinion? I'd rather be saved from having to read the same thing over and over in different words.

DK
09-08-2005, 12:21 AM

Psychotic
09-08-2005, 12:30 AM

Yamaneko
09-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Everyone just copied me. I was doing this back in '01.

DMKA
09-08-2005, 12:38 AM

eestlinc
09-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Everyone just copied me. I was doing this back in '01.
Yea, I always associated this practice with Yams.

Craig
09-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Yeah we need a new rule. The old ones are getting boring.

nik0tine
09-08-2005, 01:01 AM
A disturbance in the forum's recently..Called spam. I have recently read some old threads and post's. So..What I wasnt to say is I think we should end it. I like spam and all but only to my usernotes. I really think we should end it. Cid said he personally hates spam. But that's not it. i have seen he hasn't been posting in a long time. He may have some problems to deal with at the moment but when he is online you never see him post. I think we personnally destroyed his forum every time we spam. Piece by piece.I agree with him now. Spam is stupid on forum's ubless in usernotes. Though he hates spam in general. I know this is one of those threads that will usually get locked up and done with right away but please hear me out. Mod's swear they will delete spam but everytime it happens all they do is warn. Destroy the damn post. It doesn't deserve to live. And they also say they would ban someone who spam's all the way. Psy isnt banned is he?? Not that I want him to be. I love that guy and all but c'mon. Only a few were banned for this cause. And me. I used to spam a hell of a lot after I started posting in general chat. I deserve it. But not that I want to be banned. I could list a a lot of spammers that never go or get post's deleted. This isn't fair. What im trying to say is that from now on we should delete all spam crated outside of usernotes starting today. Please hear me out..

Shoeberto
09-08-2005, 01:07 AM
A thread...about not making posts of just someone else's quote...filled with the exact same thing! Ha-ha! I have never seen such quality and original and fresh ideas. We're going places!

Del Murder
09-08-2005, 02:40 AM
I agree.