PDA

View Full Version : reincarnation?

Yuffie514
09-07-2005, 04:19 PM
do you believe in it? i once thought it could be possible. why couldn't we reincarnate instead?

...what animal or whatever do you think you might reincarnate into? in Buddhist beliefs, one suffers through hell (in which there are plenty of) based on their bad karma and gets reincarnated into a lower lifeform.

...what do you think you might be. i don't know about me...

Meat Puppet
09-07-2005, 04:20 PM
I was a Vietnamese goat in my last life. :)

EDIT: But I don't believe in it.

Old Manus
09-07-2005, 04:20 PM
I was an North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the days...

Laugh at face of Danger
09-07-2005, 04:53 PM
i thought about this once or twice, i'd like to be reincarnated as a bumble bee, because then I'd defy logic

DMKA
09-07-2005, 07:43 PM
I think I was some child rapist from Detroit or something before this.

I don't know if it's real or not but I think it's a neat concept.

G SpOtZ
09-07-2005, 07:49 PM
i had the fun and exciting life of being a tapeworm.

Old Manus
09-07-2005, 07:52 PM
i had the fun and exciting life of being a tapeworm.
I bet that was /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

Forget it.

Shoden
09-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Hmmm. Probably a Hedgehog If I think about it but I get the thought "WTF?" after it.

CaZ!
09-07-2005, 08:20 PM
i believe in reincarnation and want to come back as a hedge or rose bush :love:

boris no no
09-07-2005, 08:29 PM
i was a sex kitten ;p

edczxcvbnm
09-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Everytime you kill a bug you reincarnate a criminal.

Social Moon Firesky
09-07-2005, 09:40 PM
When I die, I'm going to be reincarnated as either an elephant or a cow.

G SpOtZ
09-07-2005, 09:58 PM
"Those who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

Think about this:
If reincarnation was real... would you come back in the next life with previous knowledge and memories?

If yes, than it's impossible to reincarnate as a human, as you would be born a baby, and if you had the knowledge and memories of your previous life, you would be able to talk and share memories of your past life. That only lets you reincarnate into anything that is not a human. Say you turn into an animal... animals may not have the ability to speak like humans, yeah? So then you'll just be an animal dying to share with everybody, even humans, what you know and you want to tell everybody that reincarnation is real. But that would suck because you can't communicated like you were a human. There's a lot more points we can all make, just think about it.

If no, then what exactly is the point of reincarnation? If you have no memories or knowledge of your past life, then you're barely yourself. Reincarnation would not be real, because you're personality, memories, knowledge, and characteristics make up WHO YOU ARE, as an individual. Without these things (which you had in your past life) you would be somebody completely different. Which means it's not as much reincarnation as it is simply a NEW LIFE starting.

GooeyToast
09-07-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm now currently living two lives at once. :)

Dr.K
09-07-2005, 11:24 PM
I've bounced the notion of reincarnation around my head quite a few times, and never really found a rational way for it to exist. G Spotz makes some good, valid points, but as is usual with the supernatural - things are probably alot more complex than me can comprehend, or at least on the borderline of.

ZeZipster
09-07-2005, 11:31 PM
but as is usual with the supernatural - things are probably alot more complex than me can comprehend, or at least on the borderline of.

Occam's Razor.

THREE CHEERS FOR REDUCTIONISM!

Dr.K
09-07-2005, 11:35 PM
but as is usual with the supernatural - things are probably alot more complex than me can comprehend, or at least on the borderline of.

Occam's Razor.

THREE CHEERS FOR REDUCTIONISM!
But that's booooooooooring :D

NeoTifa
09-07-2005, 11:41 PM
i believe in it!

i think i will be reincarnated into a hippogriff!

Sephex
09-07-2005, 11:46 PM

That explains why there are so many messed up people. Men such as Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer (sp?) must have killed billions of bug in their past lives.

And I used to be a tree stump.

Shlup
09-07-2005, 11:48 PM
I was a BEAR. ROARRRR!!

NeoTifa
09-07-2005, 11:51 PM
i was a ..... sphinx, yea! and I'M really the one who killed and trapped the pharoah in the millinium puzzle! mwahahahahahahahaha with my elite powers!

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-07-2005, 11:57 PM
According to a site, trustworthy, I doubt, but still fun. In my former life I was a female, and some sort of dancer, though there is an allusion to being a prostitute...

Anyways, commenting on G Spotz comment, if I remember correctly (which is not always the case) the purpose of reincarnation is a journey of your soul towards enlightenment. Usually when you die something happens so that you forget your former life or it is repressed into the dark recess of the subconscious f(or growing up with a full memory of your former life might screw you up a bit)...Anyways as you [your soul] relive this new life you [your soul] strives towards enlightenment. Once the soul finally reaches the point of enlightenment then it does not return in the cycle of Life-Death-Rebirth. I know I forgot stuff, but I hope this is a good skimming I did, and major condensing too...

That is just a general and condense version. Obvious there are many beliefs, and I probably went astray at part. It has been a while since I read anything on reincarnation so my mind is not fresh on the topic. Hopefully I was not misleading and please do tell me if I was.

NeoTifa
09-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Anyways, commenting on G Spotz comment, if I remember correctly (which is not always the case) the purpose of reincarnation is a journey of your soul towards enlightenment. Usually when you die something happens so that you forget your former life or it is repressed into the dark recess of the subconscious f(or growing up with a full memory of your former life might screw you up a bit)...Anyways as you [your soul] relive this new life you [your soul] strives towards enlightenment. Once the soul finally reaches the point of enlightenment then it does not return in the cycle of Life-Death-Rebirth. I know I forgot stuff, but I hope this is a good skimming I did, and major condensing too...

thats called wicca :P and when they dont redo the cycle, they go to "summerland" or something cracky like that

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-08-2005, 02:15 AM

thats called wicca :P and when they dont redo the cycle, they go to "summerland" or something cracky like that

A lot of reincarnation reading that I did was Wiccan related, but most views on reincarnation are similar. Even the Greeks had reincarnation. You go to Hades. Spent some time there, drank from Lithe, and were reborn. (Now I can't remember if you drank from Lithe before you had your stay in Hades or not...). Anyways, reincarnation in basic superficial sense are all similar or so I am lead to believe.

kawakami Gensai
09-08-2005, 02:20 AM
I think Ill reincarnate into a modern day grizzly adams (remembers a family guy episode..).

Rengori
09-08-2005, 02:21 AM
That explains SO much!

Reles
09-08-2005, 02:58 AM
A great friend once told me that I was a tree in my past life, because of my growing wisdom. :D I'm not necessarily sure that some people would call me wise, but he believed I was.

Slade
09-08-2005, 07:00 AM
I was a pizza.....an extremely sexy pizza ;)

Kossage
09-08-2005, 11:17 AM
The idea of it is interesting, but I have a hard time believing in it.

Boosk
09-08-2005, 12:48 PM
I used to be a yak.

Resha
09-08-2005, 02:35 PM
When I was little I thought I was the Grand Duchess Anastasia. I know better now.

Kamiko
09-08-2005, 02:53 PM
My friends and I did something with this. Let's see...
Brittany was a beastly 3-toed sloth who was killed by a manaical squirrel who happened to be Chelsea.
And I was a porpoise who was viciously attacked by moby dick and chased into a chemical waste plant.
Those were the days.