PDA

View Full Version : Game errors (contains spoilers)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-07-2005, 06:34 PM
This thread is dedicated to mistakes that square have made while creating the game. I have discovered 3 already.

1. In the temple of the ancients clock room, the numbers of the doors are placed above them in roman numerals. however, door 4 is presented as "IIII" in stead of "IV"

2. When sephiroth kills aeris and her headband and meteria fall away, the meteria falls towards sephiroth (who is stood at the back of the alter) but then falls down the stairs (which are at the front of the alter)

3. Also when sephiroth kills aeris, Her headband falls off but when cloud catches her she is still wearing it.

It will be interesting to see how many errors can be spotted actually!!!

Mirage
09-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Sephiroth alternates between having/not having a gauntlet/glove when jumping down towards Aeris.

G SpOtZ
09-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Battle Square: it says "Off Course!" when it asks if you want to fight, instead of "Of Course!"

Obvious Aeris one: "This guy are sick."

Midgar G-BIKE FMV: when you see aeris and tifa in the truck that you protect in the very first g-bike mini game, it says "Midgal" instead of "Midgar" on the side of it. Probably because Japanese can't pronounce their "r"'s

Aeris' Death: When Cloud carries Aeris to the little body of water, Aeris' head is on Clouds right, but then her head is on Cloud's left in the screen right after. she magically switched her body position O_O

Also, apparently this isn't a glitch but Square did it on purpose: Cloud stands in the water while carrying Aeris, and then Aeris drops down deep into the water, without even seeing Cloud on the surface, or even a shadow of his. how did he float?

Shinra Rocket: When they launch the Shinra No.26 into space, and you see the FMV, the whole logo "Shinra No. 26" is completely flipped around.

I didn't actually discover these tho. so i won't take credit. The site that i got these at is http://www.ff7citadel.com/secrets/s_errors.shtml . Credit is given here to those who discovered it.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-07-2005, 08:34 PM
temple of the ancients: when you get the luck plus materia it actually says "recieved luckY plus materia

Lord Magician
09-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Wow! Square Enix f**ked up big time! :eek:

Skyblade
09-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Wow! Square Enix f**ked up big time! :eek:

Nah, I've seen worse. A few typos in a game this big isn't surprising.

I'm gonna have to check the Shinra No. 26 thing, because if it's during an FMV that's a big mistake.

Dreddz
09-07-2005, 09:11 PM
http://www.ff7citadel.com/secrets/s_errors.shtml
They pretty much point out everything, yes, hats off to them.....

boys from the dwarf
09-07-2005, 10:35 PM
bizzaro sephiroths healing move bizzaro energy is spelt bizzaro enegy when he casts it.

DJZen
09-08-2005, 03:17 AM
1. In the temple of the ancients clock room, the numbers of the doors are placed above them in roman numerals. however, door 4 is presented as "IIII" in stead of "IV"

This is actually done sometimes, I've seen many clocks that say "IIII" on them. I noticed this on my father's clock when I was about 6.

Nah, I've seen worse. A few typos in a game this big isn't surprising.

You're joking, right? The entire translation looks like it was done using babelfish. It's possibly one of the most horrid game translations on the PS1, if not the most. The amount of text in FFIX is certainly not any less than the amount in FFVII, and it was given a MUCH better translation, so there's really no excuse. I mean, what does THIS quote even MEAN?

"Hmmmm, so that's how you fooled them..."
"Hmmmm, so that's how you'll fool them..."

Skyblade
09-08-2005, 05:17 AM
Well, I do usually play my PC version now, which has many corrections made. I totally forgot about the butchering of the English language in the original edition.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
09-08-2005, 05:43 AM
"IIII" is the correct numeral to represent four on a clock face. Don't ask why. It just is.

Skyblade
09-08-2005, 07:18 AM
"IIII" is the correct numeral to represent four on a clock face. Don't ask why. It just is.

What are you talking about? The only "IIII" I know on a clock was in FFVIII, and there was a reason for it...

Masamune·1600
09-08-2005, 07:37 AM
What are you talking about? The only "IIII" I know on a clock was in FFVIII, and there was a reason for it...

The "clock puzzle" in the Temple of the Ancients, as seen here (http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff7/screenshots/images/285.png), used "IIII" instead of "IV."

Slade
09-08-2005, 07:38 AM

Its not an error or anything. If you think about it, its actually so that the clock face is balanced. The horizontal number to IV on the clock is VIII. All the other horizontal and vertical opposites are mostly the same shape and size as one another: I-V, II-X, III-IX, VII-XI, XII-VI. The only one thats different is VIII-IV because VIII is really chunky. So they change IV to IIII so it balances out. VIII-IIII. So basically its for the look. Theyve done it for centuries.
Theres my 2 cents worth..... :D

Big D
09-08-2005, 07:52 AM
I mean, what does THIS quote even MEAN?

"Hmmmm, so that's how you fooled them..."
"Hmmmm, so that's how you'll fool them..."It's a really awkward moment. Cloud 'fooled' the guards by using someone else's membership card to get into the Honeybee Inn. However, sneaking into a brothel in order to look for your childhood friend is a really dodgy thing to do, especially when a young woman you've just met is right by you. So, to downplay the inherent innuendo of the situation, Cloud tried simply to draw attention to the success of his 'subterfuge' rather than focussing on what was actually going on.
Aeris was undoubtedly aware of his embarrassment, and basically humoured him, mockingly.

If you wanted to re-translate that dialogue, it'd turn out something like this:
"Ah, so that's how you can get by their security."
"Ah, great work you cunning master infiltrator!"

Basically, Cloud was making a big deal out of beating mediocre security, because he didn't exactly accomplish anything noble by doing so. He just gained access to a house of ill-repute. Aeris hammered this home by blatantly pretending to play along.

At least, that's how I always interpreted that bit of dialogue.

And yes, "IV" is traditionally written as "IIII" on clock faces.Also, apparently this isn't a glitch but Square did it on purpose: Cloud stands in the water while carrying Aeris, and then Aeris drops down deep into the water, without even seeing Cloud on the surface, or even a shadow of his. how did he float?
There must've been a kind of 'ledge' or shelf in the pond. Cloud was standing on a bit of solid ground in the shallows; he dropped Aeris into a deeper portion. You can't see Cloud when the camera's looking up from underwater, because the morning sunlight is casting too much glare.

Simple conjecture can defeat a lot of 'errors':p

G SpOtZ
09-08-2005, 10:35 PM
well i read that they only made it looks like he was standing on the ledge because if he was struggling there, then it would kill the drama. also, if he was standing on the ledge and they showed his legs in thater, it would also slightly ruin the mood. they used the excuse to beam the sun down to make a glare in the water to put up kind of a..."halo" effect around aeris, and that's also why they moved the shadow that cloud would normally give off. i call it like i hear it, what i just said wasn't MY actual idea, it was from the link i posted a few replies above.

MysticD
09-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Hey i dunno if this is a glitch but when in Cosmo Canyon for the first time,Barret learns about the Ancients and realizes that they are also called Cetra.
But when you reach the Gold Saucer,after chasing Cait Sith and returning to the hotel,Cloud and his friends have a little discusion right?
Well this is what Barret says:
Barret:Cetra?Is that some kinda disease?

Light Mage
09-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Oh please. Was Barret deaf or just stupid while being held in front of President Shinra in Midgar?

President Shinra: "The Cetra will lead us to the Promised land... The Ancients called themselves the Cetra... blah blah blah"

Red XIII: "That girl, she is a survivor of the Cetra?"

Barret: "Dur...? Mako bad..."

Kawaii Ryûkishi
09-13-2005, 01:16 PM
That's not an error. That scene at the Gold Saucer is the Recap Scene, where everyone has to feign ignorance about the plot in order to provide an excuse for the information to be repeated to the player. Kind of like an infomercial.