PDA

View Full Version : FFVII remake takes five years.

Destai
09-07-2005, 10:54 PM
I just thought it was interesting

http://bluelaguna.net/news/5217.php

Shoden
09-07-2005, 11:18 PM
I read it ages ago.

It's total Bull droppings.

5 years and staff of 300?!

All it is updating graphics and platform along with possible voices. It's as if it's completey being remade from step 1 as a NEW GAME!

I don't believe it.

Carl the Llama
09-07-2005, 11:24 PM
thats because the tech demo is suposed to be in game graphics (i heard this from a good friend) to which i replied i would wait 10 years if they were going to remake it as it is the greatest game of all time (IMO) :D

Shoden
09-07-2005, 11:34 PM
The Tech demo was the opening scene of FFVII which was classed as an FMV sequence.

5 years for a redo of an existing game? b/s it could tkae 2 years max.

Carl the Llama
09-07-2005, 11:52 PM
no you are mistaken they are saying it would take that long because they want the in game graphics to be that good. trust me.

G SpOtZ
09-08-2005, 12:39 AM
i thought the tech demo was just to show how great the graphics look on the ps3. "TECH (technology?) DEMO (demonstration?)"

Carl the Llama
09-08-2005, 01:01 AM
i thought the tech demo was just to show how great the graphics look on the ps3. "TECH (technology?) DEMO (demonstration?)"
yes that is true. the in game graphics that is.

can you imagin the thought of playing a final fantasy (better yet FFVII) with the amazeing graphics that you saw from the tech demo if this is the case you would never need fmv ever again cmon ask yourself how long would you wait for a game such as this. dont just read what i said imagin playing a final fantasy with these in game graphics... the thought of it just gets me sooo excited i would happily wait 50 years for a game such as this

Vyk
09-08-2005, 02:07 AM
Indeed. The whole point was to show everyone that PS3's IN-GAME graphics (yes, that's not a CG FMV re-make of the opening. It's using the PS3 to create that in real-time) is superior to what was created only in CG on PS1. So yeah. CG FMV would be made obsolete because you could do it just as good in real time. But then it'd also take a lot longer to create since its based on variables and the whole world would have to be created from the ground up in such quality that anything could suffice for a psuedo-CG look (in case it needed to be used in a scene). EGM and OPM have been doing a lot of research on this topic actually. And Square actually would like to re-make FF7 like that. But yeah, it'd take a LOT of man-power, and the people behind the original would need to be involved, and they're all quite busy (doing sequals an such)

Rengori
09-08-2005, 02:12 AM
FAQ'D! (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=17635)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-08-2005, 12:19 PM
i would like to see the entirity of ff7 made like the tech demo because there arnt that many fmv's in the game actually. I can count 5 (the beginning, leaving midgar, aeris' death, releasing weapons, ending) unless you count the small ones (such as your first view of junon and highwind)

will they remake the game if there is enough hype? i would gladly wait an infinitium and rise from the grave to play that game!!! :D

Destai
09-08-2005, 06:06 PM
FFXII has taken roughly five years. And Shoden, There is no way in hell they were going to update the original game. They were talking about creating a brand new one. And the whole point of the PS3 tech demo is that it was in game graphics. Not an fmv. Thats what the best PS3 gameplay will look like.

Rengori
09-08-2005, 10:25 PM
It's going to be very akward to play a game if that's not an FMV.

And d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x, an FMV is a full motion video, meaning FFVII is chock full of FMV's.

Vyk
09-08-2005, 10:34 PM
I'll agree that it is indeed full motion, and possibly considered video in that you would be watching at that point rather than playing. But the key issue is it's rendered in real-time via the PS3's processing power, and not a pre-made CG animation like used in current games.

Rengori
09-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Okay, I feel better now knowing that that's just showing off rather than saying you have to play with all those cameras going everywhere.

Vyk
09-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Yep, it was a tech demo. They're all about showing off ^_^