PDA

View Full Version : online lies

NeoTifa
09-07-2005, 11:11 PM
do you lie about your id online? do you claim to be a sexy man when you are really a sexy woman? i do!

i always go by yuki hitaru online. no matter what! and bri came here about a month or so before me and told everyone that i was her twin brother. when i joined, she told me to go along w/ it. i was "okay, they think im a guy online anyways, so whats the harm?"

well, im sick of it! (sry, bri-chan, im depressed and dont care anymore!) justin is a sexy guy that graduated last year that i drool over all the time (and i played his drum last year! :hyper: lol) and i realized that i act just like him online. so, i named myself justin. and i told you how he looks. (sexy!)

aber, hier ist mich:

name~erica boyer (french XD)
age~15 1/2
height~5'9"
im too fat, enough said XD (really like 155 lb XD)
grade~10
location~somewheres in u.s.
gpa~ 3.7 ish (too low v.v)

etc, etc... yea. v.v tee hee. i just broke up w/ my bf so im too depressed to care or carry on this charade anymore.

so are you lying? and if so (and you are willing) say something about who you really are

crashNUMBERS
09-07-2005, 11:12 PM
do you lie about your id online? do you claim to be a sexy man when you are really a sexy woman? i do!
Wow that's sad.. No offense.. *cough*

NeoTifa
09-07-2005, 11:13 PM
yea, but i told you the story.

Shlup
09-07-2005, 11:13 PM
I probably have before. Sometimes when my fiance is playing Guild Wars as a girl he pretends to be one. It's funny. We wouldn't take it as far as forming any sort of relationship, but it's fun for a few minutes.

Rye
09-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Unless you count going on HH with a bunch of friends and pretending to be someone else as a joke for a few minutes, nope. I'm quite honest with who I am. :)

NeoTifa
09-07-2005, 11:16 PM
lol yea. i post like a guy, so everyone just assumes. everybody on bladegash (i dont go there anymore, since i discovered this) is still convinced imma dude, and ive told them a million times im a girl. me and bri are just bff's,so yea. but she moved to georgia ;_;

DMKA
09-07-2005, 11:19 PM
Never done it.

boris no no
09-07-2005, 11:22 PM
nope
always told people who i am
there are things about me that i don't tell [people but its not lying. its just keeping the personal stuff away from everyone

NeoTifa
09-07-2005, 11:23 PM
hmmm. this was just a joke, but it went on for too long. how about.... has anybody been mistaken for something else then?

nik0tine
09-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Yes. I often times pretend to be a dirty liberal just for kicks, when it reality I am an upstanding Republican.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-07-2005, 11:29 PM
lmao, i nvr lie online, but some girls add me to there list and lies to me and stuff, but its cool

GooeyToast
09-07-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm not actually a piece of toast

boris no no
09-07-2005, 11:30 PM
lots of people thought i was a boy
but i mean look at the ava and sig??
look manly to you??

NeoTifa
09-07-2005, 11:32 PM
hmmm... im a democrat. people think im a slut when im just a female perv >.> and im also called a pussy cause im afraid of a lot and i dont take kindly to pain >.> yet i provoke a lot of people lol.

oh yea, and im french

thats why i go up to random people and say "Je m'appelle Pousser." (made up to me and amber, said poo-say)"Et toi?" then they look at me stupidly. lol

((and a juicy tidbit for ya, not like it matters, but my name is said like boy-yay. french style XD))

XxSephirothxX
09-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Once I pretended to be gay while playing Halo online. I ended up making one of my best internet friends in one match; we pretended to be gay together and pissed everybody else off by team killing and just generally being silly. Good times.

rubah
09-07-2005, 11:41 PM
The only time I lie is in msn chatrooms to make fun of perverts (which I haven't done in a while, actually xD) or if sites ask me my age, but since I'm older than 14 now, I haven't had to do that much lately either.
and well, I did sign up for hotmail under a fake name that I still get REAL junk mail for.

but I can't think that I've lied to actual *people* online xD

[edit-- reading back on this thread, all the responses have been 'yeah for a joke'. Did anyone actually expect for someone to come out and say 'I have pretended to be a man for three years, but really I'm a girl' or 'Yeah, I'm not really a senior or Hawai'ian or a cheerleader!'? I've seen both of those, actually xD]

NeoTifa
09-07-2005, 11:44 PM
hmmm. the only thing i really lied about was that i was a guy. everything else is the same. same me. i like to act like a lesbo w/ my cousin jennifer sometimes in cahtrooms and freak people out lol. or go to a gay/lesbian chatroom and make fun of people (n/o) i just lead them on and play around lol

Psychotic
09-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Hello, I am a 56 year old woman from Paraguay.

Dr.K
09-08-2005, 12:20 AM
Hello, I am a 56 year old woman from Paraguay.You didn't tell me you moved!

I've never lied on the net before, although to spice things up that might come to an end quite soon.

bipper
09-08-2005, 12:24 AM
I am really a super hero, but if I said that online no one would belive me. :cry:

Bipper

NeoTifa
09-08-2005, 12:25 AM
lol. it is kinda fun to make fun of people who believe you, lol, but its still kinda mean. like that time i made some dude online like me, then told him im was really a 20 year old man and sent him an email of a hot dude pic i found. yea. he was pissed that i lied and said i was a girl. lol. then i told him i was jk and i was really a girl. lol i havent talked to him since. hahahahahahhaahahahahaha lol

Craig
09-08-2005, 12:27 AM
My name isn't really Craig. :shifty:

Rye
09-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Hello, I am a 56 year old woman from Paraguay.

I feel so lied to. :(

NeoTifa
09-08-2005, 12:33 AM
lol. me too. im not the only one

Hawkeye
09-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Have you ever heard of kikimm?

http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/Members/Kikimm

Ryth
09-08-2005, 12:39 AM
I'm 100% honest when I tell people about myself. I never lie.

Shoeberto
09-08-2005, 12:41 AM
The only time I lie is in msn chatrooms to make fun of perverts (which I haven't done in a while, actually xD) or if sites ask me my age, but since I'm older than 14 now, I haven't had to do that much lately either.
and well, I did sign up for hotmail under a fake name that I still get REAL junk mail for.

but I can't think that I've lied to actual *people* online xD
Replace MSN with Yahoo's main voice chats, and yeah, same exact thing here.

Momiji
09-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Truth is, I'm not a Paladin. I'm a Dark Knight... No--- I'm both.

Jebus
09-08-2005, 12:48 AM
I'm a 5th density being.

Craig
09-08-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm a member of the NWO.

Reles
09-08-2005, 02:19 AM
lol. it is kinda fun to make fun of people who believe you, lol, but its still kinda mean. like that time i made some dude online like me, then told him im was really a 20 year old man and sent him an email of a hot dude pic i found. yea. he was pissed that i lied and said i was a girl. lol. then i told him i was jk and i was really a girl. lol i havent talked to him since. hahahahahahhaahahahahaha lol

I know you do things out of humor but some of it's kind of wrong...*shudders* I mean, if you keep feeding people lies, they won't be able to trust you on anything. Then when the time comes when you need someone to be there for you, they'll see it as a joke. :S I don't mean to come across overly strict, I joke around obviously about some things, but I don't necessarily make it into lies, it usually has a huge Just Kidding written all over it.

Vyk
09-08-2005, 02:21 AM
Uh like 5 years ago or more... I guess there was this time when I fought a crusade against assholes in this chat community I was part of. Endless days of endless arguing trying to get certain dudes to chill out. It was a testosterone head-butting thing. So I had the bright idea that maybe they wouldn't be so hostile and reluctant to listen if it was a girl asking them nicely to chill out. So I created a female persona to get the job done. This isn't one of those cases you hear about where half a community falls in love with a girl that turns out to be a guy. I wouldn't let it go that far. But "she" did make a few friends. And I came clean with the ones that mattered. They thought it was funny. And "she" got the job done for me. I really hated assholes and hostility back then. I was such a pansy. I wouldn't resort to such things these days.

Rengori
09-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Apparently on my old Newgrouds account I'm 42.

Kamiko
09-08-2005, 02:48 AM
I'm really umm.
Who I say I am?
OMIGOSH xDDDDDDD
Well, actually I'm an 87 year old transexual from Micronesia named Mona.

Spammerman
09-08-2005, 03:15 AM
I tells the truth bout who i am.

Miriel
09-08-2005, 03:24 AM
Sometimes, I like to tell people that I'm a 19 year old girl who lives in Southern California.

Hawkeye
09-08-2005, 03:34 AM
Pics plz

Actually, I think the only time I lie online is its with somebody I dont like (but I know) but I dont lie; i just dont tell (if theres something i dont want sharred)

Dignified Pauper
09-08-2005, 05:09 AM
i only lie about how many philanges i have.

Meat Puppet
09-08-2005, 05:52 AM
No.

Samuraid
09-08-2005, 05:55 AM
No. Unless you count avatar pictures and signatures a lie.

udsuna
09-08-2005, 06:05 AM
I'm a 5th density being.

This has become a running inside joke for these forums. I loved mocking that thread.

I don't lie about who/what I am. Except when I honestly don't expect anyone to believe it, as a cheap laugh. I believe that's in the realm of sarcasm or bad jokes. Never do I intend people to believe, even for a second, what I say is truth.

Although I did once convince someone that the word "gullible" wasn't in the dictionary. At least enough that she looked it up to prove me wrong. Didn't expect it to work. Then again, she wasn't a native speaker of english, so I guess that was helpful.

Sephex
09-08-2005, 07:13 AM
Nope, I've always had a perfect body.

fantasyjunkie
09-08-2005, 07:13 AM
Even though I have a girl toon in World of warcraft I never hide the fact that I'm a guy. Usually people can tell by the way I talk. But there's lots of people that assume I'm a chick in Real life and give me all sorts of gold and cool stuff. When I ask them if they are aware I'm a guy they usually are shocked. :rolleyes2

Lionx
09-08-2005, 07:27 AM
The minute they lie its the minute i stop talking to them. I dont like to associate myself with liars. No i never lied really.

give me all sorts of gold and cool stuff.

Sad but many males do this for the items. I dont however.

Thats pretty jacked..

Mitch
09-08-2005, 11:35 AM
I don't think it really matters if its just people on the net who you dont know and are most likely never gonan meet

Endless
09-08-2005, 11:59 AM
I've done it a couple of times in chatrooms (using a deliberately ambiguous name), because when you're (supposedly) a girl, everyone is willing to help and nice to you.

Tai-Ti
09-08-2005, 12:15 PM
I use to have another hotmail account and everything dedicated to being someone else, i guess i just wanted to build a life, but i dont do that ne more, im just plain old bobba all the way. As bland as white bread (+_+)

Boosk
09-08-2005, 12:31 PM
nope never...
like my sis, people think I'm a guy!! You all so crazy
And I really do have a twin sister here..Boris no no.
I dont see the point of lieing to people. Unless you have something to hide I suppose...

Kagga (really a mongoose) :love:

Jess
09-08-2005, 04:56 PM
I've always told the truth about who I am, I don't see the point in lying.

Shauna
09-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Well, I've got a confession to make...

I am actually a 14 year old girl who lives in Scotland! I AM SORRY! ;_;

Jojee
09-08-2005, 07:00 PM
I don't actually have herpes....

themagicroundabout
09-08-2005, 07:04 PM
well, maybe i lied a bit.....im not really a mexican stage director.....not full-time anyway... :(

Social Moon Firesky
09-09-2005, 12:20 AM
I don't like lying to my friends, so I try and be as truthful as possible.

Tai-Ti
09-09-2005, 10:15 AM
same, i good a word from kurt cobain:
"Id rather be hated for what i am than be loved for what im not."

Mitch
09-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Well, I've got a confession to make...

I am actually a 14 year old girl who lives in Scotland! I AM SORRY! ;_;

yeah, guys, me too

Fuzakeru
09-09-2005, 09:56 PM
I can think of a few quick lies that I told when I first met the internets. I was 12 and said I was 15 so I didn't have to talk to a bunch of idiots online all the time.

Since I've been on EoFF I haven't lied about anything, that I can think of. Perhaps how much I weigh specifically or stuff like . . . -shrugs-

When I go in to chatrooms and I feel demented enough my friends and I think its fun to say we are newbs and typ liek thsi so peeps think we r anoying and it mak they madd.

Quina
09-10-2005, 05:31 AM
I'm not really a chef. Also, I've been told that my sig lies.

Del Murder
09-10-2005, 05:36 AM
All my lies are for the purposes of entertaining all of you (well, myself too).

Yamaneko
09-10-2005, 05:37 AM
I just lie about my greatness.

Lionx
09-10-2005, 06:14 AM
Really? So you really have impotence then yams? D:

NeoTifa
09-17-2005, 09:05 PM
XD lol. but seriously, about my saying i was a 20 year old guy thing, i did that because he was being a real douchebag and i was never gonna meet him anyways. plus it was kinda funny. and i was just joking. i dont expect the dumb asses on her to beleive me when i say something totally opposite. but comes to show, you cant trust anybody online. ever. *shifty eyes*

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 09:14 PM
ALLRIGHT, TO EVERYONE here i have to sincerly say i am the sexy beast i say i am!

NeoTifa
09-17-2005, 09:14 PM
lol so am i

DarknessFromAbove
09-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Usually people make up their own lies about me. The usual one being that I'm a gay teenage boy because I sometimes talk about how I think this or that guy is hot and because I have a tendancy to act like a guy, and/or have a guy as an avatar or sig. . . :D One time this girl thought that I was a lesbian, and I didn't know, but she like fell in love with me [I thought we were just friends]. I felt really bad, like I had lead her on or something. THAT was awkward.
Me and my friend pretend to be 40-year-old perverted guys in chatrooms sometimes or we pretend to be twins and make fun of the preverted guys. :D

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 09:28 PM
hey i'm sexy. but loads of people DO lie though.

Zeldy
09-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Not really.. im who i am.

NeoTifa
09-17-2005, 09:34 PM
>.>

loads of people lie in chatrooms. i think that is the only acceptable place to lie. lol

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 09:44 PM
yeah, in chat rooms i say i'm an ugly, and stupid.
but in real life i'm a sexy beast ;) hey ladies!

DarknessFromAbove
09-17-2005, 11:42 PM
yeah, in chat rooms i say i'm an ugly, and stupid.
but in real life i'm a sexy beast ;) hey ladies! lol, you're funny :D

Maxico
09-18-2005, 12:01 AM
I am actualy a 65 year old, sweedish quadruple amputee.

I type with my nose.

udsuna
09-18-2005, 02:41 AM
I am actualy a 65 year old, sweedish quadruple amputee.

I type with my nose.

Reminds me of this episode of a show known as "The Oblongs". It had a guy with no limbs, who played the piano. He didn't use his nose.

Cruise Control
09-18-2005, 03:00 AM
Yes. I often times pretend to be a dirty liberal just for kicks, when it reality I am an upstanding Republican.<3
If I lie once and people know that, they lose any and all respect they had for me. I am 100% genuine all the time.

Flamethrower
09-18-2005, 03:13 AM
For awhile when I first started posting here, I said my first name was Kyle, when it's actually Brian. I don't know know why I lied; probably because I was paranoid that internet sexual predators would be able to track me down just by knowing my first name somehow.

I think that's the only lie I can think of that I told (at least here, everyone lies in chatrooms for fun). I'm probably more honest on message boards than I am in real life.

NeoTifa
09-25-2005, 02:20 AM
w00t. yay im a freking lair am im proud

Vaprice
09-25-2005, 02:21 AM
Once I said that I was white! OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGMGOMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMMG it was exhilarating!

Alive-Cat
09-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Man, I rock so much...beauty is my curse...
But anyway, no offence to anyone, but there's gotta be at least ONE creepy old man in this forum...

Captain Maxx Power
09-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Thing is, I've been Maxx Power so long that the lines between me and Richard Ross are blurred. Many people on msn who I talk to on a regular basis still call me Maxx.

Loudez
09-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Evil dead is cool....anyway, I don't lie. I also don't go on chat rooms. I prefer forums. I don't like liers, but I don't really care what people look like, or how old they are. We just share an interest. So far, i don't think I have met anyone that has lied about thier sex or age, you never know though lol.

NeoTifa
11-05-2005, 11:39 PM
w00t regeneration. to be perfectly honest with you, im a liar! omfg! XD people like to presume that i am a guy anyways so whats the difference

T-MaN
11-05-2005, 11:59 PM
I don't lie about anything online (so far I don't think I have).

NeoTifa
11-06-2005, 12:01 AM
you are boring then. i like trying to find out if people are really lying

T-MaN
11-06-2005, 12:37 AM
LoL. How do you know if I lied about that post or not?

NeoTifa
11-06-2005, 12:49 AM
uh hoh! now thats the real question. ... O.o tee hee

Anaisa
11-06-2005, 01:07 AM
Ive never lied about being anyone else online but I have pretended not to know people online that I do know.

Leeza
11-06-2005, 01:45 AM
yuki_hitaru, do not bump up your own threads that have already been put to rest.