PDA

View Full Version : Rikku from FFX-2,Selphie from FF8,and Eiko From FF9 acting the same!

NightShadow
09-08-2005, 12:25 AM
OMG! I can't beleive it.After much thinking, I've come up with a pretty genius, conclusion Rikku,Selphie,and Eiko all act exactly the same way.Come on, think back at Selphie she was really spunky and always said "bummer",Eiko acted like a little baby and always complained,and Rikku is and mixture kinda of the two.

What do you think?

Craig
09-08-2005, 12:32 AM
I think there is bound to be more than 1 bubbly character in a series that spans over so many games.

XxSephirothxX
09-08-2005, 12:55 AM
The "Overly-happy, hyper girl" character is quite common, really.

Momiji
09-08-2005, 02:23 AM
What about Yuffie? She's spunky and spontaneous.

boys from the dwarf
09-08-2005, 07:48 AM
enough with the character similaritys already.there hardly the same anyway. selphie, personalitywise is the most similar but your forgetting one thing. rikku sucks.

Painex2rules
09-08-2005, 08:05 AM
enough with the character similaritys already.there hardly the same anyway. selphie, personalitywise is the most similar but your forgetting one thing. rikku sucks.
what how does rikku suck have you seen her fight in x-2

ThroneofDravaris
09-08-2005, 03:19 PM
*makes distasteful joke*

Final_Heavan_33
09-08-2005, 04:40 PM
theres relm in FF6 Lenna/Reina in FFV someone already mentioned Yuffie, Rydia in FFIV (kind of) and basically the list goes on, there are plenty of these "sort" of characters so i dont really thnk you came up with anything spectacular. whoever said rikku sucks?! i can do NOTHING but give my total and UTTER...................agreement to it :D rikku is annoying because she uses rubbish phrases like "oh poopie" and jumps up and down and stamps on the ground and makes a pr*ck of herself.

Final_Heavan_33
09-08-2005, 04:42 PM
what how does rikku suck have you seen her fight in x-2
ok there is no denying i would say the girls are perhaps about equal in there battle prowess, put it this way, rikku is good as a dark knight but rubbish as say a trainer, the same applies to the other girls, rikku isnt any stronger or magically powerful than either paine or yuna so saying "have you seen her fight" is not really proving any point whatsoever.

ljkkjlcm9
09-08-2005, 04:51 PM
also about rikku, how could you make a game with fighting as the central theme, and have a horrible fighter in the party, when you can't change them out, I mean some games have bad characters just for run, but when there are 3 characters and that's all you can use, obviously they'll all be able to fight....

THE JACKEL

NightShadow
09-08-2005, 07:44 PM

Yuffie isn't spunky..she's very mature for her age plus she's the second best character in FF7/

Dreddz
09-08-2005, 10:29 PM
I agree there similer, and I think yes, there getting kinda boring now....

Skyblade
09-09-2005, 04:55 AM
Similar behavior patterns, perhaps. Both are certainly very hyper/bubbly/chirpy/however you want to put it, but Selphie is far more mature than Rikku. Hyperactivity aside, her speech patterns indicate that she is not nearly as grown up as some of the other characters in other FF games. While Selphie may seem childish at times, she definitely has a more serious side that shows through. Rikku, especially in X-2, has no such offsetting personality traits.

Luara
09-09-2005, 06:41 PM
OMG! I can't beleive it.After much thinking, I've come up with a pretty genius, conclusion Rikku,Selphie,and Eiko all act exactly the same way.Come on, think back at Selphie she was really spunky and always said "bummer",Eiko acted like a little baby and always complained,and Rikku is and mixture kinda of the two.

What do you think?
Eiko doesnt act like Rikku, and Rikku doesnt act like Eiko...(lol), And Eiko suffered very much because of the lost of her family... and friends... and really, shes a kid, but her acts are more mature than Rikku, and Rikku, really... lol... has more age than her, and act more like a little child... :p I think Eiko doesnt act like that... :confused:

TurkSlayer
09-09-2005, 09:08 PM

Yuffie isn't spunky..she's very mature for her age plus she's the second best character in FF7/

She's the same age as Rikku and is just mature. I do agree that she was one of FFVII's best characters though.

Old Manus
09-09-2005, 09:42 PM
OMG! Cloud from FFVII, Squall from FFVIII, and Auron from FFX keep acting the same! WTF IS GOING ON

Yuffie514
09-10-2005, 09:43 AM

She's the same age as Rikku and is just mature. I do agree that she was one of FFVII's best characters though.

i at least found one similar goal they each have. Yuffie steals materia, but only to restore Wutai to its former glory. as for Rikku, i read somewhere about her wanting to restore her home to its former glory (perhaps in her mini-bio from the manual), except that she wants the others to stop stereotyping the Al Bhed. they love their home very much...

Christmas
09-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Anyway, I think the characters of the series came in all kind of favours. From those mature, cool to those happy joyful and these might had been recurring in the series cause they add colours to the games itself.

Sephiroths Clone
09-10-2005, 04:15 PM
OMG! Cloud from FFVII, Squall from FFVIII, and Auron from FFX keep acting the same! WTF IS GOING ON

:: Dies ::

Dark Matter
09-14-2005, 06:01 AM
OMG! Barret from FFVII, Zell from FVIII, Steiner from FFIX, Tidus and Wakka from FFX keep acting the same! what the hell is going on! :D

Mo-Nercy
09-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Yuffie's in a class of her own. The stereotypical bubbly girl character in videogames can also double as a source of comic relief, which is much appreciated.

Thank you, metaphysical game goddess (named Bob).