PDA

View Full Version : I remember... ?

Chris
09-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Do you think it's possible to remember songs from when you were 2 years old? Seriously, I remember hearing Grace Jones' song "Dream" in 1989. So do you think it's possible (other than for me) to remember songs from such a young age?

Destai
09-08-2005, 09:15 PM
I recognized the tune to lady marmalade xD when I heard christina aguilera sing her version though I couldnt remember ever hearing it.

Psychotic
09-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Sure, I remember that one song which was probably heavily drug-influenced. It was all about teddy bears coming alive by voodoo magic, storming a wood and then eating food despite having no mouth, teeth, or digestive system. I actually think it was a propaganda song made by the government to recruit people to spy on these demons as it mentioned going under cover and catching them and stuff. I also think it made reference to homosexual orgies and paedophilia but I could be wrong. It went a little bit like this:

If you go down to the woods today,
You're sure of a big surprise.
You'd better go in disguise.
For every bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain because
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

Picnic time for teddy bears;
The little teddy bears are having a lovely time today.
Watch us catch them unawares,
And see them picnic on their holiday.
See them gaily gad about.
They love to play and shout,
They never have any cares.
At six o'clock their mummies and daddies
Will take them home to bed
Because they're tired little teddy bears.

Dr.K
09-08-2005, 09:30 PM
I heard "Heaven Is A Place On Earth" playing as I was ejected from the womb. First song I...ever heard [/nostalgia]

Old Manus
09-08-2005, 09:32 PM
I remember Dakota by Stereophonics back when I was 2.

DK
09-08-2005, 09:36 PM
I can't even remeber what I was doing last week.

Maxico
09-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Sure, I remember that one song which was probably heavily drug-influenced. It was all about teddy bears coming alive by voodoo magic, storming a wood and then eating food despite having no mouth, teeth, or digestive system. I actually think it was a propaganda song made by the government to recruit people to spy on these demons as it mentioned going under cover and catching them and stuff. I also think it made reference to homosexual orgies and paedophilia but I could be wrong. It went a little bit like this:

Way to ruin my childhood memories.

Reles
09-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Oh yeah definitely, I seem to have a great memory when it comes to music. Maybe that explains why I can play anything by ear on the violin. But anyway, I remember songs way back from when I was a baby.

Jess
09-08-2005, 10:28 PM
I don't remember that far back, but when I was 3/4 I woke up in the middle of the night because my parents were having a party, I went downstairs, and started singing "Please don't go" (can't remember the artist) into the microphone. :-/

Dreddz
09-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Ive always known the Toys R Us song since, whenever it was made......

Ohhh
09-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Ive always known the Toys R Us song since, whenever it was made......
XD me too!! havent heard it in ages though..
and i remeber, from when i was very little, my dad playin this weird song over and over its called merry christmas Mr. Lawrence... its weird

rubah
09-08-2005, 10:36 PM
I remember songs we used to listen to in Kindergarten

Faris
09-08-2005, 11:01 PM
You're sure of a big surprise.
You'd better go in disguise.
For every bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain because
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

Picnic time for teddy bears;
The little teddy bears are having a lovely time today.
Watch us catch them unawares,
And see them picnic on their holiday.
See them gaily gad about.
They love to play and shout,
They never have any cares.
At six o'clock their mummies and daddies
Will take them home to bed
Because they're tired little teddy bears.
omg I remember that song!

Channing
09-08-2005, 11:16 PM
I remember songs from when I was very young. Sitting in our new house while people move furniture in I remember listening to country music. "Well I'm gonna love you forever, forever and ever amen." xD

I remember dancing in the driveway to Vanilla Ice. :B And uh... riding in the car listening to Gloria Estafan.

MushroomZOMBIE
09-08-2005, 11:26 PM
My first song....I don't remember....my first music video was when I was 3 years old,& I called the guy a girl....because he had piercings!!! :riiight: I was only 3!!!! :P