PDA

View Full Version : Toughest bosses of all time

MarikTheYuke
09-08-2005, 09:27 PM
The name defines the discussion. Mine is a tie between the first battle with Biolizard (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle) and Ansem's second bout (Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories). What's yours?

Craig
09-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Launch Octopus from Megaman X is giving me a hard time right now.

I can't avoid his Pirahnas.

I gave up on that guy, now I can't beat Sting Chameleon.

XxSephirothxX
09-08-2005, 09:34 PM
The final boss of Star Ocean: The Second Story, and the two bosses you had to fight at the same time a bit before him. Both were amazingly difficult for me. Of course, you can level up to 150 in the game, I believe, but I was at 100 or so and barely won.

Dreddz
09-08-2005, 09:41 PM
The third time you face that puddle of crap in DMC
Or maybe Akuma in Street Fighter Annerversary Collection
Ive probably faced harder, but these are the ones that first come to mind.
Smurfing Hard....

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
09-08-2005, 09:48 PM
FFIX Ark, FFVIII Omega Weapon, FFX Yunalesca (first time around).

ljkkjlcm9
09-08-2005, 09:50 PM
MegaMan 4 Dive man... but that might be because I was so young at the time....

THE JACKEL

cookieface
09-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Either Geese from Art of Fighting 2, or the last boss in Rage of the Dragons, both for Neogeo. It reminds you why playing the cpu in fighting games is pointless

Cloud No.9
09-09-2005, 01:51 PM
working out how to beat psycho mantis.

Reine
09-09-2005, 02:02 PM
The final boss of Star Ocean: The Second Story, and the two bosses you had to fight at the same time a bit before him. Both were amazingly difficult for me. Of course, you can level up to 150 in the game, I believe, but I was at 100 or so and barely won.

If you use an item called "Skanda Ointment", it gets a lot easier.

Anyway, Indalecio Unlimited, his secret form, is giving me hell. Also im having trouble with Nelo Angelo in Devil May Cry, the final boss of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Matador from Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call, and Magus from .Hack//MUTATION. There are many others, but these are the ones im stuck on at the moment

Cloud No.9
09-09-2005, 02:11 PM
the bosses in the original half life were a pain in the ass too.

Aphelion
09-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Lady Yunalesca (FFX): She was just annoying.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-09-2005, 02:51 PM
The Yellow Devil in Rockman 1. Screw that guy.

sephiroth9006
09-09-2005, 03:07 PM
either the third encounter against nightmare on DMC

or
the wizard secret boss on the legend of dragoon

KoShiatar
09-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Baumorda in Willow. I've been playing that game since 1989, and could never beat her. I'll try with saved states on my MAME, it's the only way I can get aroud to see the game's end.

Sepho
09-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Galbalan from the end of Ys III is at the top of my list, fo sho.

I just cannot make Top 10 lists, but if I could and did, I can't imagine it featuring a single RPG boss (Traditional RPG, I mean).

crashNUMBERS
09-10-2005, 04:33 PM
That blob guy?? Isn't he in almost every rockman game??

Rengori
09-10-2005, 04:39 PM
That blob guy?? Isn't he in almost every rockman game??
3, 8, PF, PB, and MM and B don't seem like every one. But he does reappear a few times in the X series.

Toughest one for me is Zero in X2.

ThroneofDravaris
09-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts.

My hat goes off to anyone that can beat this guy...

...well, I don't wear hats, but if I did it would definitely be off to someone that could...

You know what, never mind

Markus. D
09-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Balrog Boss from maple story, cant even hit the fool.

Dagoth Ur on 100% diffuculty (trust me its hard).
All the bosses from dante must die mode dmc 3 probably are all equal.

crashNUMBERS
09-10-2005, 05:54 PM
FF8 Omega Weapon?? FF7 Ruby weapon?? FF4 Evil WALL!! HUNH!!

Spammerman
09-10-2005, 10:00 PM
I dont know, but ill go with giant manah and evil furiae from Drakengard.

crashNUMBERS
09-11-2005, 12:15 AM
The start screen on Star Ocean. Man, 5540 HP...

Lord Chainsaw
09-11-2005, 01:14 AM

I so pwned him with pea plasma shots. Even though he killed me numerous times while I was attempting this. Same with Elec Man. I swear Elec Man and Slash Man are the absolute hardest robot masters to take down with pea shots.

Some of the Wily bosses are also damn hard to pea to death. Those that come to mind are MM1's yellow devil (not MM3's, he's a wuss if you can outdamage him fast enough), MM3's Gamma form 1, MM5's 1st tank robot, MM7's Guts tank (even though MM2's is moderately hard as well without the quick boomerang.)

And if we're talking the absolute toughest boss to take down with plasma, I'm throwing my vote in to Doc Robot Woodman in Mega Man 3. Try. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do. Doc Quickman is beatable with the plasma, but he's just really, really hard. I went from 20 lives down to a game over when I tried to take him down with plasma. The difficulty stems from the fact that in Mega Man 2, Quickman had a weakness towards damage, making it only necessary to hit him 14 times to kill him. Doc Robot needs the full 28 treatment. And he's bigger and more prone to "touching you". Scary.

And thanks for putting the Yellow Devil battle music in my head. Now I can't get it out.

Skyblade
09-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Dullahan, Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

Sephex
09-11-2005, 02:18 AM
Alma from Ninja Gaiden.

bipper
09-11-2005, 02:27 AM
If those damn bells in breath of fire II count, I would say them :D

Seeing how they dont, I would say the hardes boss I have ever had is my WIFE. :)

Seriously though. The fourth level thing on Altered Beast.

Bipper

Rengori
09-11-2005, 02:55 AM

I so pwned him with pea plasma shots. Even though he killed me numerous times while I was attempting this. Same with Elec Man. I swear Elec Man and Slash Man are the absolute hardest robot masters to take down with pea shots.
Bullcrap, it was Aqua Man and Freeze Man.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-11-2005, 04:53 AM
Doc Quickman is beatable with the plasma, but he's just really, really hard. I went from 20 lives down to a game over when I tried to take him down with plasma. The difficulty stems from the fact that in Mega Man 2, Quickman had a weakness towards damage, making it only necessary to hit him 14 times to kill him. Doc Robot needs the full 28 treatment. And he's bigger and more prone to "touching you". Scary.But in Rockman 3 you have The Slide.

Lord Chainsaw
09-11-2005, 08:05 PM

You're joking about Freeze Man, right? It's true that there's a whole bunch of stuff going on during the battle with him, but he does sissy damage to you unless you touch him, which you've pretty much got to go out of your way to do. The most challenging part of the Freeze Man pea shot fight is having to put up with that nasty noise they try to pass of as "boss music" in Mega Man 7.

Aqua Man isn't even the toughest Robot Master to beat with the plasma in his respective game. That happens to be Astro man. Aqua Man you can pretty much dodge by anticipating where his wave will rise or fall. Astro Man is 100% luck. Unless you use search missiles like you're supposed to, he's invulnerable to pea shots during his entire Astro Crush phase. Dodging Astro Crush is also about luck. If he decides to keep using Astro Crush instead of dropping to the center of the screen and sending out his two satellites, well then you're flat out screwed.

Rengori
09-11-2005, 08:11 PM

You're joking about Freeze Man, right? It's true that there's a whole bunch of stuff going on during the battle with him, but he does sissy damage to you unless you touch him, which you've pretty much got to go out of your way to do. The most challenging part of the Freeze Man pea shot fight is having to put up with that nasty noise they try to pass of as "boss music" in Mega Man 7.
I found Aqua Man to be pretty damn hard with the Mega Buster, I never fought Astro Man with it, so you got me there.

As for Freeze Man, I couldn't ever jump over him so that's where I got most of the damage, and then he freezes your feet to the ground and then you can't move and then you have to try and break free while he dashes towards you. And whoever made Megaman 7's music needs to be shot.

EDIT:
I was playing Zero 2 earlier, and I changed my mind for hardest boss. I'm going to go with fight against the two beetle dudes in Neo Arcadia.

Terran
09-11-2005, 09:33 PM
I HATE Ruby and Emerald in FF7 still can't beat em... Also the final boss overall in Golden Sun: The Lost Age and the last boss in Golden Sun too...go figure.

Black Mage FF1
09-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Anyone ever play a game on the SNES called Total Carnage (Not Maximum Carnage with Spiderman)?

Anyway, that is easily one of the hardest games I have ever played in my life. I could never get past like the first boss.

Storm
09-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Gate, High Max, and Infinity Mijinion from Mega Man X6 are absolutely infuriating.

The final boss (Tanzra?) from Actraiser 2 on Hard mode can also be quite the challenge.

Captain Maxx Power
09-12-2005, 12:01 AM
The Dual combo of Ramsus and Miang in their gears in Xenogears quite litreally made me ill.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-12-2005, 01:27 AM
the part in xmen legends b4 u fight the military guy

Lord Chainsaw
09-13-2005, 01:52 AM
The final boss (Tanzra?) from Actraiser 2 on Hard mode can also be quite the challenge.

Hell yes, that's what I loves me, some ActRaiser 2. What makes that fight with Tanzra so difficult is the fact that if you lose it, they start you all the way at the beginning of Deathheim. Tanzra is hard enough, but when you have to fight the major bosses all over again, especially the dual battle with Wrath and Avarice, and get thrown to the beginning of it all every time you lose two (three if you pick up the one up) lives, it gets pretty challenging.

What I really did enjoy about that battle was that you couldn't see either your HP nor Tanzra's HP. The fact that any one of you could croak at any moment made the fight so intense.

Two other really tough bosses from that game that gave me trouble were the Warden in Gratis and Pride atop the Tower of Souls.

Swordicanus
09-19-2005, 05:39 PM
There are a LOT of hard bosses in DMC3 and also Ninja Gaiden is rock hard even the first guy jeeeez

Salmon King
09-20-2005, 03:14 AM
This mofo is damn hard. You beat him to get the real ending of the game.

Dark Demon, Demon's Crest (http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/snes/a/demongood.htm)

Other than that, I'd go with Ozma from FF9, whom I have not been able to beat.

Mr. Mojo Risin
09-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Fighting 10,000 evil Kratos' at the end of God of War on God mode.

Lich3636
09-21-2005, 04:26 PM
very few bosses give me a hard time. i can take out just about anything after the first fight (I ussualy spend the first fight analyzing the boss for weaknesses) but The End in mgs3 took by far the longest out of any boss to beat it was fun haveing a sniper duel its just we alwase seemed to never find each other

edczxcvbnm
09-22-2005, 06:11 AM
Hardest boss ever...let me see here...OKAY! I GOT IT...and I HAVE YOU ALL BEAT!

Jaquio - Ninja Gaiden...no continues. THAT IS A /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif HURRICANE TO DO let alone without continuing.

udsuna
09-22-2005, 07:01 AM
Legend of Dragoon: the first fight with that wingly chick. And, far later, the king dragon. That game was hard, even for non-boss fights, even with near-perfect combo usage, but those bosses were beyond insane.

Mortal Combat: (and I do mean the original).... get a better-than-half flawless game up to the Emperor.... the guy's unbeatable. I "cheated" with a emulation so that I could save before that fight and try it as many times as I wanted without needing to go through the entire thing again and again.... it's not possible to win. I got in 40 fights in a bit more than an hour, never even beat him on a single round. Lost in about a minute, usually.

FF9: Ozma.... again with uber-frustration. I beat this one. In just 12 tries.

Parasite Eve: The optional "game +" boss on the top of the Chrystler Building. I got beat like a redheaded stepchild. Eventually beat her, though. That special secret ending was just NOT worth that much effort.

Lord Chainsaw
09-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Why do you need to beat the Jaquio without continues? Ninja Gaiden 1 has infinite continues. If you lose to the Jaquio, you just get sent to 6-1. What is frustrating is that it doesn't matter how many lives you have, you will be sent to the beginning of the stage if you lose to any of the three final bosses.

But the upside to that fight is that the game saves your progress after every boss, so if you die on Jaquio after beating the Masked Devil, the next time you get there you'll start fighting the Jaquio, and if you die on the Demon, then you'll start at the Demon the next time. Still pretty hard though.

For fighting the Jaquio, the strategy I usually use is just spamming the fire wheel art. If you've collected enough scrolls in the level, you'll have enough to take him down without swinging your sword once. This is a good thing, because accidentally touching the Jaquio is the worst thing you can do in that fight.

eestlinc
09-22-2005, 06:50 PM
Maffer Dragonhand (one of the council) from the end of Act 3 of Diablo II Hell difficulty (not the expansion version) as a sorceress. Dude regenerates health faster than you can unload your entire mana pool into him. Of course you don't actually have to kill him.

Traitorfish
09-22-2005, 09:44 PM
The Robot Scorpion in FF7. Cos I really suck at games.

Excelsior
09-23-2005, 06:05 AM
I dont know why, but ive found all the bosses stated so far more or less easy. Anyway, the hardest boss is TEH EGG!!! GOD! I HATE IT! (saga frontier 2)

Carl the Llama
09-25-2005, 04:49 PM
[TR][TD]now if you want a real challenge you should fight the Eyey of Valmar (grandia 2) no matter how well prepared i go into that fight i only just scrape through everytime