PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Enemies

SomethingBig
09-08-2005, 10:08 PM
They don't have to be Silent Hill type monsters where they haunt you in your sleep. They can be monsters that you would rather slit your wrists than fight.

I always hated fighting Master Tonberries in the Northern Crater from FFVII. I'd have Cloud 4 X-cutting outta those devilish fiends(each slash doing 9999) but that demon'd inch closer and closer with his butcher knife, knowing that my efforts were futile. I always peed my pants whenever the screen would do the battle transition in that one room with the tonberries. *Shivers*

BG-57
09-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Marlboros. Very creepy. :eek:

Dreddz
09-08-2005, 10:27 PM

rubah
09-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Elder Drakes in X-2 freaked me out. I mean, they're friggin' jumping back and FORTH.

SeeDRankLou
09-08-2005, 11:47 PM
I remember my first time playing FFVIII, the first time I fought a Fastitocalon (not a Fastitocalon-F) and I did some damage to its fin, the camera zoomed out and then back in, and it popped out of the ground. Combined with the way it looked and the loud growling noise it made, it made me jump. Just the one time though.

Other than that, JENOVA creeped me out, and the Wendigo from FFVIII was weird, it looked like it had no face.

Captain Maxx Power
09-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Demonwall. 'Nuff said.

SomethingBig
09-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Jenova scared me the first time I saw her, too. The whole eye-for-a-nipple thing kinda creeped me out.

XxSephirothxX
09-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Those TOMB things were scary in FFX, and the massive tonberries scared the crap out of me in X-2, because it was always a race between Yuna with catnip and how fast they inched forward to me.

rubah
09-09-2005, 02:14 AM
azzie, you can avoid ALL of the megas:OOOOO

XxSephirothxX
09-09-2005, 02:35 AM
Yes, but killing them was rewarding after the initial adrenaline rush. ;)

DJZen
09-09-2005, 02:53 AM
I'd prefer a tonberry to a malboro. Tonberries have an achilles heel, just slow or stop them, then beat 'em to a pulp. Malboros... just ew. But still, I'd rather fight one of those again than one of those Crypts. Man, those demolished my whole party... So many times...

Slothy
09-09-2005, 03:11 AM
Demonwall. 'Nuff said.

Which one, FF4 or FF7, or perhaps both?

Tough to think of one at the moment. I think I always dread Tonberry's, Cactuar's and Malboro's the most with each game, at least at first. They're always the type of enemy that can be very tough if you're not prepared, and potentially wipe out your party in a couple of turns if nothing else.

Primus Inter Pares
09-09-2005, 08:37 AM
FF4 is worse...

I hate bite bugs Malboros they are so annoying, especially when you need to get items from them in FFVIII for some reason...

Slade
09-09-2005, 08:55 AM
That undead boss in the salt lake on FFVIII creeped me out. Especially when he stood to his full height......creepy.

Fire_Emblem776
09-09-2005, 09:40 AM
running into 3 tonberries my first time in FF 9.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Elder Drakes in X-2 freaked me out. I mean, they're friggin' jumping back and FORTH.Yeah. It's hard to fathom how anyone could find a monster in one of these games scary under normal circumstances since they'll sit still forever as long as it's your turn, but you could actually see the Elder Drakes on the map, smashing into walls and screeching and baby you knew if you one of them touched you there was no surviving that active time battle.

Also, Skull Eaters. It's their disposition that gets me. They don't look happy or angry or anything--just bug-eyed, staring straight ahead, chewing on their human skulls. And if you cast a spell on one, it suddenly, silently, without any fanfare replicates into a crowd of Skull Eaters. They're the veritable Squirrels of the Damned.

Marlboros are just annoying.

Necronopticous
09-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Ying Yang of Final Fantasy VII is by far the creepiest Final Fantasy enemy to date.

TheSpoonyBard
09-09-2005, 01:57 PM
I'd have to agree with you there. There's a certain something about their inability to stand straight that unnerves me.

Luara
09-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Seymore! :eek:

Christmas
09-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Mega Tonberry.

DarkLadyNyara
09-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Tonberrys. Especially in 9. Also running into 4 cacutars... and your strongest party member has a max HP of about 950. On 2, I'd have to say imps. One word... Confuse XVI.

KoShiatar
09-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Ying Yang of Final Fantasy VII is by far the creepiest Final Fantasy enemy to date.

Truly. But the enemy that most upsetted me was Final Fantasy IV's Mystery Egg. I was like, "Oh crap, what will be coming out of that THING now?!"

FFX_fanatiq
09-14-2005, 09:08 PM
anima O_O
the virgin mary on his neck its total blasphamy

and how he takes you to hell and makes u bleed

scaryness O_o

udsuna
09-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Seymour isn't scary, just strange. All he wanted was love :love:... I was thinking he should hook up with Kuja.

And, yes, that 3 tonberry thing from 9 worried me. But I gotta throw my hat in with Jenova. That was one HUGE, UGLY, B****.

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
09-16-2005, 04:26 PM

Yes, I just hate those nasty tentacled freaks!

As for the scariest monsters, I'd be damned to name Warmech (sneak attacks and NUKE you and it gets Pre-Emptive Strike!) and Adel (just look at her!).

@Slade: It's Abadon.

Yliette
09-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Seeing Emerald from FFVII swimming across the ocean makes my skin crawl. One time, just after I submerged in the submarine, I saw him swimming towards me! I screamed like hell and panicked to rise back to the surface! So far my creepiest experience with an FF game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Looks like my Emerald post was lost in the server change. But yeah, there should be a support group for sufferers of that thing.

Shoeberto
09-18-2005, 04:46 PM
All the Mako baby stuff in FFVII scared the hell out of me when I first played it. Jenova, first, in the Shinra building, then later when you flashback and see the one tube that breaks open in the Nibelheim reactor. I was only around eleven when I first played that, so it had me spooked for a bit.

rubah
09-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Emerald is scary swimming down there until you try to touch him, and then you're practically swimming on top of him, and he STILL doesn't attack!

KoShiatar
09-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Emerald is scary swimming down there until you try to touch him, and then you're practically swimming on top of him, and he STILL doesn't attack!

Which, as I posted before the server change, is exactly what happened to me...I had to go after him along the bottom of the sea and he kept on running away...

muchacho
09-19-2005, 03:04 AM
those guys on the ragnarok in ff8. those suckers we creepy.

BG-57
09-20-2005, 10:00 PM
those guys on the ragnarok in ff8. those suckers we creepy.

Propagators. They came in a variety of flavors.

Cruise Control
09-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Elder Drakes I get game overs and I have catnip.

Also having to learn Cry in the Night has me scared /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifless.

Samuraid
09-20-2005, 10:22 PM
The whole Gi Natak sequence in FF7 was a bit strange.

Strawberry_Mew
09-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Marlboros... I hate Marlboros.... its not the fact that they scared me...they just pissed me off so freaking much

or the faceless Ultimecia now thats creepy X3

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.

Yliette
09-25-2005, 02:04 AM
Also Diamond from FFVII. It's just a bit disturbing to unexpectedly see him flying across the skies of the world map.

Still Emerald always makes my skin crawl everytime I see him. What freaks me out more is t see him parked right in front of the Gelinka.

TurkSlayer
09-25-2005, 02:06 AM
Tonberries, man!

:tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry:

OH GOD, its an army!!!!

TheSpoonyBard
09-25-2005, 02:13 AM
Also Diamond from FFVII. It's just a bit disturbing to unexpectedly see him flying across the skies of the world map.

That would be Ultima WEAPON, not Diamond. Diamond is the one that emerges from the water near Bone Village and advances on Midgar.

Ceil
09-25-2005, 03:15 AM
Master Tonberry in the Northern Crater in FFVII -_-; I just don't like anything that can do 9999 damage in one hit, unless they're in my party o/

enigma1234
10-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Man!, tonberries creeps me out innocent look but DEADLY!!! especially the time when I encountered 5 of them in FF8!! they demolished my characters like it was nothing :mad:

Bowser
10-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Tonberrys, Ochos, and those Sand things from FFV (Darn, forget the name.) :erm:

Rubix
10-03-2005, 02:04 PM

Only enemy I hate, from 8 on, Bad Breath is a killer

lone_berserker
10-04-2005, 02:16 AM
That undead boss in the salt lake on FFVIII creeped me out. Especially when he stood to his full height......creepy.

You mean abbadon, that skelaton undead thing that jumps out of the gorge?? Yer that was pretty freaky XD.

black orb
10-05-2005, 03:49 AM
>>> FF1 Sorcerers, a very nasty group that can wipe out your party in no time.
reason enough to fear them..

annslow41
10-06-2005, 03:43 AM
zomg Cactuar is SO teh FEARZOM!!!

One_WinGed_d3mon
10-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Marlboros definetly, i mean
once it bad breath in ffx, your fcuked unless u can find a ribbon and also tomberry, those sneaky bastards, once they get intacts with you, your finish

Prancing Mad
10-06-2005, 12:33 PM
I hate to say this, but the scariest for me (probably 'cause I was smaller then) were from FF6. Kefka, with the head appearing in his hand and all, and during his second part with all those bleached bodies. That was freaky. Especially since his second part was relatively hard.

Sephiroth in his first form was too, since my friends told me how "incredibly hard" he was. Stupid guys, got me all freaked for nothing. I finished both forms in one move when I was expecting him to wipe the floor with me.

Doom Gaze was scary too, simply because it looked like he wore untied sneakers.

boys from the dwarf
10-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Tonberries, man!

:tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry:

OH GOD, its an army!!!!
NOOOOOOOO!!!! its the tonberry rebelion. aw but there cute...owch it poked me! malboros are hard buggers and in FFX-2 when i first met a malboro a was like "yes finally a challenge!" then i killed it in about 3 or 4 shots.tonberrys are usually very hard but FF has loads of great and scary enimies.

KoShiatar
10-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Doom Gaze was scary too, simply because it looked like he wore untied sneakers.

LOL! I'll have to check newt time I play. I don't remember noticing that. O__o'

Anyway yes, Doom Gaze was really scary, especially for the way it came out all of a sudden while you were travelling all happily and whistling a joyous tune.
In a second you found yourself all "WTF?! WHAT'S THIS THING???!!" and, most of the times, wiped off because you were too weak.

Prancing Mad
10-12-2005, 06:02 PM
I looked up some pictures on Doom Gaze and found out why I thought it looked like he was wearing untied sneakers. It's because of the way his hanging flesh looks against the cloud behind it. The cloud looks kinda like shoes, while one bit of flesh forms the outline of the shoe. Two others form the untied laces. It's really funny

Cecinda
10-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Creeps from FF8!!! When the screen goes into darkness and u see are their RED EYES...eeek...
Jenova-DEATH freaked me out bad...and Safer Sephiroth was just so majestic he was scary
Necron was weird...so was final Ultimecia...
Tonberries are cute.
But damn man, Malboros are quite weird. And the Yin Yangs in 7 too...the whole "Ying/Yang is happy" or "angry" made me wonder what it was gonna do next...

Bahamut, King of Dragons
10-26-2005, 04:21 AM
Marlboros are definitely the worst.
Those Mind Flayer folk who suck out your brains are a little hairy as well. Also Trommell from X? :joey:
Actually, all Guado are weird lookin', what with those creepy long fingers.

six underground
10-26-2005, 01:40 PM

that's the one right there. :eek:

plasman
10-29-2005, 02:40 AM
anima O_O
the virgin mary on his neck its total blasphamy

and how he takes you to hell and makes u bleed

scaryness O_o

Are you sure it's the virgin Mary and not Seymour's mother who's connected to Anima? Since Aeons are just figments of imagination dreamed into physical form...I googled some pictures of Anima and although the pictures aren't clear I don't think it is Mary. Though the pics I did find were not the highest quality. I didn't notice it on Anima at all in the first place actually, can you see it real well during the Luca scene? I'm all interested now.

rubah
10-29-2005, 06:26 AM
It came to my attention yesterday that Malboros were in FF2j, under the name of 'Molbor' or something.

They're pretty nasty. Make you small, mute, hold-ed, and probably some others x.x;

Rengori
10-29-2005, 09:34 AM
2 words (and one BGM):
EMERALD WEAPON

Doomie
10-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Seeing Emerald from FFVII swimming across the ocean makes my skin crawl. One time, just after I submerged in the submarine, I saw him swimming towards me! I screamed like hell and panicked to rise back to the surface! So far my creepiest experience with an FF game.

*shudders*

BG-57
10-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Are you sure it's the virgin Mary and not Seymour's mother who's connected to Anima? Since Aeons are just figments of imagination dreamed into physical form...I googled some pictures of Anima and although the pictures aren't clear I don't think it is Mary. Though the pics I did find were not the highest quality. I didn't notice it on Anima at all in the first place actually, can you see it real well during the Luca scene? I'm all interested now.

You can clearly see the arms of Anima's Fayth wrapping a chain around Anima's throat. So it being Seymour's mother would make a lot more sense than Mary.

GunbladeMaster
10-29-2005, 08:41 PM
whoa that is interesting!

does every aeon have some secret message hidden somewhere on their body like that?

BG-57
10-29-2005, 09:04 PM
whoa that is interesting!

does every aeon have some secret message hidden somewhere on their body like that?

Bahamut does. Notice the large golden wheel on his back? Bahamut's Fayth has that symbol inscribed on his back.

GunbladeMaster
10-29-2005, 09:13 PM
wat about any other Aeons?

BG-57
10-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Well, most of the Aeons share attributes more than the appearance of their Fayth:

Ifrit's Fayth appears as a muscular man wearing a hooded tunic.

Shiva's Fayth appears as a woman with long brown hair over a headband. She's dressed very warmly.

Ixion's Fayth appears an old man wearing a green pointed hat.

Valefor's Fayth appears as a fairly nondescript young woman.

The Magus Sisters' Fayths appears as three young woman, one tall, one burly, one younger and shorter. The hair and eye colors are different but you can tell which one is which.

Yojimbo appears a man wearing armor with his pet dog by his side.

What's interesting that the half-transformed bodies under the domes in each chamber of the Fayth don't quite resemble the Fayths themseleves. They look like typical denziens of Spira. The Aeons seem to be an exaggerated essensce of each Fayth.

GunbladeMaster
10-29-2005, 09:32 PM
where did u see this?
was it at the end off ffx?

BG-57
10-29-2005, 09:38 PM
About the last thing I did before defeating Sin.

Bahamut's Fayth regularly appears throughout the game to goad Tidus.

Anima's Fayth appears after you first enter Baaj Temple with all six Destruction Sphere treasures.

Yojimbo's Fayth appears when you defeat him in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth.

You don't get to meet the other Fayth earlier because only Yuna goes into the Chamber of the Fayth to first summon each Aeon.

You can meet the remaining Fayth after you get the airship and backtrack into each temple. I'm not sure the earliest time you can go, but I went looking after returning to Highbridge.

Several of the Chambers of the Fayth have treasure chests too. Most are sphere grid spheres of one kind or another.

Fire_Emblem776
10-30-2005, 02:29 AM
well in ff 5 monsters poop out of books thats creppy no matter what it is

BaH
10-30-2005, 08:17 AM
Those Red Dragons in FFVIII on the Island Closest To Hell were bad when you were trying to level up....

They could wipe out your party and that wasn't good especially after playing for 3 hours without saving... thats enough to me make me scared of them.

DarkLadyNyara
11-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Seymour isn't scary, just strange. All he wanted was love ... I was thinking he should hook up with Kuja. *twitch* No comment...

On FFI, Abyss worms. Especially when you get ambushed by 2. Also, getting jumped by 4 Holy Dragons.