PDA

View Full Version : Gold Saucer Date ... with ANYONE??? how?

scott_types
09-08-2005, 11:02 PM
How do you date someone other than tifa or aeries in the gold saucer? can someone point me to a faq somewhere (and yes, I tried Gamefaqs.com) or explain? thanks.

AudioMemory
09-08-2005, 11:11 PM
I think Vincent would be the most awkward date in the world.

G SpOtZ
09-08-2005, 11:14 PM
i think cid would be the funniest.

you can get a date with tifa, yuffie, aeris, or barret. those are your only choices. the KEY to going on a date with barret, is keeping him in ur party, and none of the other girls. when he says things, reply with an answer that would make him happy, or agree with him. it's basically the same with the girls too. lets say you have cloud and red xiii. you're second character should be one of those that you can and want to date. if you want aeris, you should have brought flowers from her. yuffie... lol just keep her in ur group without either of the girls or barret. it's pretty simple.

Mo-Nercy
09-09-2005, 01:26 AM
i think cid would be the funniest.

you can get a date with tifa, yuffie, aeris, or barret. those are your only choices. the KEY to going on a date with barret, is keeping him in ur party, and none of the other girls. when he says things, reply with an answer that would make him happy, or agree with him. it's basically the same with the girls too. lets say you have cloud and red xiii. you're second character should be one of those that you can and want to date. if you want aeris, you should have brought flowers from her. yuffie... lol just keep her in ur group without either of the girls or barret. it's pretty simple.
With Barret and Yuffie, not only do you have to be really good to them, you need to be really mean to the other two. Aeris starts with 50 points. Tifa, 30. Yuffie, 10 and Barret with 0. The easiest way to get Tifa out of the picture is to keep saying "I don't know" (or something to that effect) when Cloud and Tifa are locked in the Shinra Building prison facility. I dunno about Aeris.

Also, I'm pretty sure using PHS to put the people you want to date in your party doesn't add anything to their points. The only time it has effect is when they do the compulsory party changes (e.g. After you meet Red XIII, when you leave Midgar).

Masamune·1600
09-09-2005, 01:37 AM
Actually, while using the relevant party members in battle has no actual effect (all the rumors surrounding Cover are just rumors), there are times when having the (un)desired character(s) in the main party is critical. While in Kalm, a number of the locals will question the party concerning the Shinra and Mako energy. Answers approving of Mako will hurt the compatibility of any of the date possibilities in the party; anti-Mako answers will raise compatibility. The same idea applies to Fort Condor; a willingness to listen to the old man and help the people on Fort Condor raises the compatibility of active prospects; igoring the man or not helping lowers compatibility. Finally, assuming they're active, talking to or ignoring Aeris and Tifa in Gongaga will raise or lower compatibility.

While outlining the exact mechanics for the Barret date would take quite some space, the Yuffie date is really rather simple. Yuffie gains points each time you correctly answer the questions after beating the Mystery Ninja in a forest. Answer all but the final question correctly, then answer incorrectly. Repeat as needed. While this might cost quite a bit of gil in the end, it assures that Yuffie will be the one selected.

I'd advise referring to a Date Mechanics FAQ for all the specifics.

Psychotic
09-09-2005, 01:54 AM
Cait Sith, because you could make him fall in love with Cloud and not want to steal the Keystone. :love:

Madonna
09-09-2005, 02:22 AM
(Scene: Vincent and Cloud are riding in the gondola.)

CLOUD: So...uh, do you like...stuff?
VINCENT: ...

boys from the dwarf
09-09-2005, 07:29 AM
the most suitable ones obviously tifa but the funniest would be cid or sephiroth.

scott_types
09-09-2005, 11:14 AM
where's the love for yuffie...

Light Mage
09-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Cloud and Dio.
Dio: So, you like my big shiny metal... saucer?
Cloud: S'alright.
Dio: ...Entertain me, boy!
Cloud: Did I see you in the Honey Bee Inn at Wall Market in Midgar?
Dio: ...Um, sorry about doing that thing to you.
Cloud: S'okay. I quite liked it.
Dio: Ha! Well have I got a treat for you...
Cloud: ...

KoShiatar
09-09-2005, 10:08 PM
(Scene: Vincent and Cloud are riding in the gondola.)

CLOUD: So...uh, do you like...stuff?
VINCENT: ...

*laughs her head off*

Carl the Llama
09-11-2005, 12:59 AM
what about the option where you can take everyone on the date...

TheAbominatrix
09-11-2005, 01:26 AM
http://rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7/info/tf_date.txt

The mechanics of doing so are very interesting, and occasionally gives deeper insight into the characters. For instance, there is at least one instance in which being mean to Aerith will lower your points with Tifa as well, and being mean to Tifa in that same (or close to it) incident will raise points with Aerith.

G SpOtZ
09-11-2005, 01:27 AM
*cloud and palmer having dinner"
Cloud: I've been meaning to tell you something......

Palmer: ??

Cloud: i've always had a thing for your hot fatness

*waitress comes along*

Waitress: how can i help you tonight?

Palmer: i'll have a tea with extra lard please.

Momiji
09-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Hmph. I'm the only one who thinks Yuffie is the best answer so far.

Painless
09-11-2005, 02:15 AM
I say Sephiroth Should date Cloud. Now that would be.... strange.

Momiji
09-11-2005, 02:17 AM
Those yaoi thoughts just disturb me... :chuckle:

Rengori
09-11-2005, 04:27 AM
Cloud: So... Um... This is very akward...
*Sephy stabs Cloud*

G SpOtZ
09-11-2005, 04:44 AM
Cloud: So... Um... This is very akward...
*Sephy stabs Cloud*
LOLL niiiice.....

*Jenova and Cloud in gondola*

Jenova: do you think i'm pretty??

Cloud: O_O;;

Jenova: well?

Cloud: uhhh..ehhhh

Jenova: UGH!

*sephiroth enters*

Sephy: WTF!? CLOUD! UR DATING MY FKIN MOM?!?!?

Cloud: i didn't ASK to date her! LOOK AT HER!

Jenova: T_T

Sephy: *stab*.........*stab stab stab*......*stab*

Cloud: OW stop, sorry, geez...

scott_types
09-11-2005, 07:41 AM
okay, yuffie's happy, but now where's the love for barrett?