PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Old Skool Multi Player Game

Nick Schovitz
09-09-2005, 12:02 AM
What's Your favorite Old Skool Multi Player Game? This is from Nintendo to Snes and Sega. Fighting games are not included. I'll say that my top 3 are
1.Metal Slug Series
2.Double Dragon
3.Kirby Superstar
And that's the list from best to worst, vote for it anmd if you choose other please give detail.

XxSephirothxX
09-09-2005, 12:08 AM
I'd say the TMNT games.

Nick Schovitz
09-09-2005, 12:15 AM
I'd say the TMNT games.
What are they? and could you add the Donkey Kong Country games? Thank you.

XxSephirothxX
09-09-2005, 12:17 AM
You've never heard of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games? =O

And, no, I can't add anything to your poll because I'm not a mod. :p

Craig
09-09-2005, 12:23 AM
I can't decide.

Super Bomberman 2
Pop 'n' Twinbee
Golden Axe
Battle Toads
Donkey Kong Country
Street Fighter II Turbo

And probably more.

Nick Schovitz
09-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Street Fighter isn't included I said no fighting games and who was the person who voted for Metal Slug, I know I did for one, but who was the other?

Shoeberto
09-09-2005, 12:38 AM
My sister, uncle, cousins and I used to always play Mario Kart. Great multiplayer game.

Polnareff
09-09-2005, 12:41 AM
Street Fighter isn't included I said no fighting games and who was the person who voted for Metal Slug, I know I did for one, but who was the other?

WTF?!

Mine are probably the Final Fight series, the Streets of Rage series, Gunbird, DonPachi, and Aliens vs. Predator (Capcom version)

EDIT: Forgot about Mario Kart.

cookieface
09-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Can't think of much other than mario kart 64. If fighting games weren't excluded, that would be the top one. Once I got competition with some guy I've known since grade school, and his brother and friends, other multiplayer games took a back seat. Since the snes days, my brother got lame and stopped playing, so I didn't have anyone to play a game with at home. Excusing anything on PC, fighting games = the best multiplayer! And not the stunted 3d ones either, but the hardy 2d. But yea, other than that, Mario Kart 64 racing games in general. But let's face it, (serious sim racers tank in the "fun" area).

Channing
09-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Double Dragon was fun. :B I like Ninja Turtles too. ^o^

Madame Adequate
09-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Track and Field. It Is The Thor Of Multiplayer.

Lindy
09-09-2005, 02:10 AM
DonPachi
DoDonpachi > DonPachi

I'd say DoDonpachi 2 : Bee Storm, but it's not really "Old Skool".

Puzzle and Bubble Bobble rank up there pretty highly too.

Polnareff
09-09-2005, 02:33 AM
....wait, other DonPachi fans exist? O.o

...I never played DoDonpachi but I've seen pictures of it :P

Puzzle Bobble (especially 4) is my favorite puzzle game next to Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo.

Rase
09-09-2005, 02:53 AM
1: Metal Slug
2: Super Mario Kart
3: Street Fighter II Turbo

Mr. Mojo Risin
09-09-2005, 03:40 AM
Double Dragons was good because you could turn around and beat up your co-op partner. Battletoads and TMNT were also excellent.

Streets of Rage trumps them all.

Dr.K
09-09-2005, 01:39 PM
Absolutely loved Double Dragon, Mario Kart and Metal Slug.

Old Manus
09-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Probotector 2: RETURN OF THE EVIL FORCES

Lindy
09-09-2005, 04:09 PM
....wait, other DonPachi fans exist? O.o

...I never played DoDonpachi but I've seen pictures of it :P

Yo man, DoDonPachi is like, my favourite and best shooter game.

I can No Miss all the way until the middle of the fourth stage with heavy frequency.

Multiplayer is hot fun, just it screws my chain and score potential.

Sepho
09-09-2005, 04:11 PM
I think the combination of Street Fighter 2 and Mario Kart claimed roughly 80% of my gaming time during the SNES era.

Cloud No.9
09-09-2005, 04:19 PM
general chaos

Ashley Schovitz
09-10-2005, 03:10 AM
Did y'all know that their releasing two new Metal Slugs 4 & 5?

ljkkjlcm9
09-10-2005, 03:15 AM
Gauntlet 2 with the four player attachment for NES, it was tons of fun, especially saying it never ended....

THE JACKEL

bipper
09-10-2005, 03:53 AM
MUDS!

Lord Chainsaw
09-10-2005, 04:22 AM
I'm having barrels of fun with the Secret of Evermore 2 player ROM patch. We're just two bros with an avid appreciation for the land of Evermore, just finished Antiqua and going at it in Gothica right now. We only play once every two weeks or so. Playing through that game again, especially with a friend, makes me realize what a masterpiece it is.

I'm partial to a lot of One Player SNES games as far as multiplayer games go. Who says they have to be two player? It's a lot of fun taking turns with lives or levels in Demon's Crest, ActRaiser, ActRaiser II, Skyblazer, Mega Man 7-X3, Super Ghouls N Ghosts (if you're feeling hardcore enough to stand against the fearsome Nebiroth), Smartball/Jelly Boy, Drakkhen 2: DragonView, Claymates, and other greats. You'll have tons more fun doing co-op one player games on the SNES because there is simply much more broad of an array of good games to choose from. And of course, if you're like me whose favorite system is the SNES, you'll never get bored with the selection, and go back to an already finished game a few years later and have another go.

Traditional 2 Player SNES games, my favorite is Donkey Kong Country 2. It's great fun trying to find all the DK medals and beat the Lost Island. The level design is fantastic in that game. They got what I like to call "forced theme mastery" in every level, whereas each level will generally be about something. At first, they'll give you a bit of time to fiddle around with the elements of that level, but by the end of the level they expect you to master whatever concept the level is about. Pretty cool game.

Legend is a fun 2 player beat em up. Very medieval feeling, much more so than Goldenaxe. Though the gameplay is a bit more repetitive, the immersion element in Legend more than makes up for it. No relation to the Ridley Scott movie by the way, although I think both are pretty cool.

Joe and Mac is another good game. It shows its age through it's clunky controls, but it's still fun. I myself prefer Joe and Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics because of the better level design, more accessible world, and much cooler bosses.

Contra III is fun too, but I just can't shake that feeling off that it's just more of the same. When you play through a game as hard as Contra, you tend to spend quite a bit of time on it. Seeing more of the same in Contra III is like spending more time on a game you already spent too much time on mastering.

Firestriker is a very good pinball/action hybrid game. I'd definitely recommend looking into that one. 1 or 2 players, it's almost like pinball, but it feels like much more of an adventure. Four elemental worlds and bosses (snow represents Earth for some reason), and a final showdown with an Archmage in a pinballesque environment is damn fun. 2 players too. There's also a versus mode, but that's nowhere near as good as the co-op.

ljkkjlcm9
09-10-2005, 04:35 AM
interesting, multiplayer- 1 player games.... except I can beat games like MMX without dieing so I'd hate to be my partner.... hehe

THE JACKEL

Meat Puppet
09-10-2005, 04:36 AM
dig dug

Lord Chainsaw
09-10-2005, 04:48 AM
That happens to me too when I play MMX, MMX2, or MM3 with my friends.

In the case that one of you or both of you are so damn good at the game, just switch out after every level.

Either way, Mega Man Anniversary Collection is the ultimate party game. Buy it. Today.

Del Murder
09-10-2005, 05:07 AM
North & South.

Lord Chainsaw
09-10-2005, 05:24 AM
North and South is damn fun. I always play the South, control the pack of six little army men, and own the hell out of either the computer or the other player.

I could never finish the train level though.

Del Murder
09-10-2005, 06:00 AM
The train is pretty hard on level 3 and against a human player.

Markus. D
09-10-2005, 05:18 PM
i dont remember the platform/action based shooting game.

but you could choose from 4 ships, one being the famous twin bee.

if anyone could tell me what this konami (i think) game is ill ebay it 5 seconds after i get the info.

its so awesome progressing through lvls with powerups and really cool looking places.

and also there was this game i hired once.
you could choose from a couple of ninjas, its like a platformer where you go room to room fighting a boss at the end of each stage, the chick warrior had hair that work as a second weapon/shield so awesome.

whats it called????

oooh cant forget that old power ranger game, dont remember what that was either :P

Rengori
09-10-2005, 05:20 PM
GYAHH! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!
Sorry, I was thinking about Metal Slug.

Wavey
09-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Goldeneye, best multiplayer game ever

Lindy
09-10-2005, 09:10 PM
and also there was this game i hired once.
you could choose from a couple of ninjas, its like a platformer where you go room to room fighting a boss at the end of each stage, the chick warrior had hair that work as a second weapon/shield so awesome.
Sounds like Ninja Warriors AGAIN!!! to me.

Dreddz
09-10-2005, 09:31 PM
I wasnt into games back then, poop :(

leon123
09-28-2005, 03:33 AM
does quake 2 count.............

Fithos
10-01-2005, 04:30 AM
ballon fighter.

Captain Maxx Power
10-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Where's Gunstar Heroes? That was The Greatest Two-Player Game In Exsistance.

Traitorfish
10-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Where the hell is Worms? I dememand wormy satisfaction!
OMFG that sounds weird... damn...

Levian
10-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Bubble Bobble
Bomberman
Mystical Ninja
Gauntlet
Super Mario bros. 3 and 4. (switching turns)

edit: this one too

I'd say the TMNT games.