PDA

View Full Version : If Materia was real...

Light Mage
09-09-2005, 09:20 PM
What kind of Materia would/should there be?

BG-57
09-09-2005, 09:58 PM
This is the FFVIII forum. Materia's in FFVII. :greenie:

But to answer your question I've seen replica materia on ebay. They look like colored glass orbs.

Lord Magician
09-09-2005, 10:32 PM

I thought when they said, people in this fourm smoke pot, it was a lie.

But I guess I WAS WRONG!! :rolleyes2

BG-57
09-09-2005, 10:37 PM
It was in the FFVIII forum when I posted. It's still listed under FFVIII as 'Moved'.

Lord Magician
09-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Oh well. I never played FF8, so I don't go to that place.

redxiiii
09-10-2005, 12:01 AM

But to answer your question I've seen replica materia on ebay. They look like colored glass orbs.
Yeah I`ve seen a replica it was kjata materia.

Yuffie514
09-10-2005, 12:30 AM
ah, the secret to marbles' popularity... :tongue:. i thinks they're like marbles 'cept maybe a tad bigger and with some "glam" to it. my damn marbles don't do nothing for me...:blahblah:.

i know it's off topic, but where are the materias equipped onto? weapons? accessories? clothing? i'm not really into glueing marbles or sewing sequins onto my clothing...

Masamune·1600
09-10-2005, 01:05 AM
no wonder marbles are popular :confused: ! hm, marble magic eh? i thinks they're like marbles 'cept maybe a tad bigger and with some "glam" to it. my damn marbles don't do nothing for me...:blahblah:.

http://anime.101main.com/mika/fun/humor/images/FinalFantasy/MARBLES.JPG

i know it's off topic, but where are the materias equipped onto? weapons? accessories? clothing? i'm not really into glueing marbles or sewing sequins onto my clothing...

Materia are clearly visible in the Nomura artwork for many of the characters. For example, Cid, as seen here (http://img105.exs.cx/img105/6335/ff781pl.jpg), has two materia in his spear (look above his head). It's clear, then, that there are actual slots in the weapons and armor.

Yuffie514
09-10-2005, 01:11 AM
no wonder marbles are popular :confused: ! hm, marble magic eh? i thinks they're like marbles 'cept maybe a tad bigger and with some "glam" to it. my damn marbles don't do nothing for me...:blahblah:.

http://anime.101main.com/mika/fun/humor/images/FinalFantasy/MARBLES.JPG

Materia are clearly visible in the Nomura artwork for many of the characters. For example, Cid, as seen here (http://img105.exs.cx/img105/6335/ff781pl.jpg), has two materia in his spear (look above his head). It's clear, then, that there are actual slots in the weapons and armor.

...swell! and i edited my post b-4 you posted!

...uh, yea - kinda dumb. i thought it was just like some kind of decoration. plus they're both green and not some other colors, so that may have added to why i didn't notice earlier. ty.

Levian
09-10-2005, 02:28 AM
if materia was rela I WOULDN'T NEED TO LIGHT THE OVEN WITH MATCHES.

boys from the dwarf
09-10-2005, 09:03 AM
if materia was rela I WOULDN'T NEED TO LIGHT THE OVEN WITH MATCHES.
WOW!!!! me wanty. "sarcasm mode cancel." materia would be o.k but listen to what cid says in the rocket launch scene.(the one where your in it.)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-10-2005, 01:29 PM
back to the debate on size. are they marble, large marble, ping pong ball, golf ball, tennis ball, small football, football, basketball or beach ball sized!!! I Always thought they were like golf balls but in the screenplay wer cloud gives the black materia to sephiroth its like the size of a tennis ball. unless the black materia is just bigger than the rest because aeris' white materia is like golf ball size in that screen play. oops!! i ranted a bit haven't I :D

Momiji
09-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Doesn't anyone remember the scene where Aeris dies? For crying out loud, she had the white materia as a hair accessory. When it falls out, it looks quite small. So I say that they're the size of marbles, maybe a tiiiiny bit bigger.

Shoden
09-10-2005, 01:44 PM
I'd have the Neo/Bahaut zero materia and mastered Fire, that'll do me.

Light Mage
09-10-2005, 04:17 PM
*grumblegrumble* darn stupid IIs and IIIs always looking the same *grumblegrumble*

I think a Drive Materia would be cool.
1: Bicycle
2: Car
3: Train
4: Airplane

Or the Talk With Animals one
1: Cats
2: Dogs
3: uh.. Horses.

G SpOtZ
09-10-2005, 04:31 PM
definitely would want mastered restore materia. and mastered transform LOL. when anybody is injured i could cure them, and when somebody's pissing me off i'll frog them or mini them!

but... if i could MAKE any kind of materia, it would probably be the float materia, or fly materia.or anything with telekinesis. yeah. sweeeet.

boys from the dwarf
09-10-2005, 05:08 PM
id like it but everyone would be so damn lazy and as if we dont have enough stuff already. but people would use magic for everything and become fat(at least fat people wont feel so alone anymore.).

G SpOtZ
09-10-2005, 06:08 PM
id like it but everyone would be so damn lazy and as if we dont have enough stuff already. but people would use magic for everything and become fat(at least fat people wont feel so alone anymore.).
slimfast materia.

Masamune·1600
09-10-2005, 09:47 PM
back to the debate on size. are they marble, large marble, ping pong ball, golf ball, tennis ball, small football, football, basketball or beach ball sized!!! I Always thought they were like golf balls but in the screenplay wer cloud gives the black materia to sephiroth its like the size of a tennis ball. unless the black materia is just bigger than the rest because aeris' white materia is like golf ball size in that screen play. oops!! i ranted a bit haven't I :D

Materia vary in size. The green materia in the Nomura character artwork, for example, are the size of small marbles. However, the Black Materia, as evidenced by an FMV, is roughly fist-sized. Excluding aberrations such as this, though, it seems most materia are very small.

cloud'strife
09-10-2005, 10:05 PM
ive seen knights of the round amteria on ebay with its own stand lol that would be wicked to have oh and by the way im new here so i just want to say hi to everyone

Skyblade
09-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Of course there is no exact size for Materia. Take the Huge Materia. That's nearly the size of a person. There are also Materia crystals throughout the game that are larger than the standard size, though you can't use them. Anyway, I think that most Materia are the size of the White and Black Materia (Holy and Meteor). They are the only Materia we see in FMVs, and when we see the Black Materia in non-FMVs, it seems to be the same size as all other Materia that we find. Roughly fist sized, diameter approximately 3 inches.

Carl the Llama
09-11-2005, 12:09 AM
first of all i think that the summon materia is about the same size as the meteor materia as it looks the same size on screen when you pick it up but anyways back to the subject i think the Psychic materia would be coom (predict the lotto numbers and go to work and be able to tell your boss to smurf off and you had won the lotto :D )

Yuffie514
09-11-2005, 02:35 AM
i looked very closely at the VII logo and saw this rather large round thing. certainly, it can't be a chunk of meteor, so i'm assuming it's the Black Materia. it doesn't look the size of a normal marble, and it's a little too small to be like a golf ball. it's about the size of a jumbo marble (or maybe those bouncy balls you get from coin machines). plus, i have a Sephiroth wall-scroll, with the meteor as part of the background. comparing it to his size, the Black Materia seems like it would fit in his hands like a jumbo marble.

View Here:
http://members.aol.com/DTsai78531/ff7log_1.jpg

BG-57
09-11-2005, 03:58 AM
ive seen knights of the round amteria on ebay with its own stand lol that would be wicked to have oh and by the way im new here so i just want to say hi to everyone

Hi. :)

Don't waste your money on the ebay replicas. They'll easily set you back several hundred dollars. Plus you can buy colored glass orbs much cheaper and knock together a stand.

cloud'strife
09-11-2005, 08:59 AM
lol it would also be good to have mime materia

Skyblade
09-11-2005, 09:36 AM
i looked very closely at the VII logo and saw this rather large round thing. certainly, it can't be a chunk of meteor, so i'm assuming it's the Black Materia. it doesn't look the size of a normal marble, and it's a little too small to be like a golf ball. it's about the size of a jumbo marble (or maybe those bouncy balls you get from coin machines). plus, i have a Sephiroth wall-scroll, with the meteor as part of the background. comparing it to his size, the Black Materia seems like it would fit in his hands like a jumbo marble.

View Here:
http://members.aol.com/DTsai78531/ff7log_1.jpg

I always thought that that pic was a picture of Meteor, myself. I'd love to hear what others think it is though...

Carl the Llama
09-11-2005, 10:16 AM
yea i think its a picture of Meteor too.

cloud'strife
09-11-2005, 03:55 PM
i thought it was a picture of meteor aswell

Skyblade
09-11-2005, 09:12 PM
What about the circular dot above it? A piece of debris, or the Black Materia?

blackmage_nuke
09-12-2005, 08:15 AM
i'd like to have a warp materia, dissapearing is fun!

leu
09-12-2005, 09:02 AM
if materia were real we would all be dead tyrants having somthing stronger than nukes peoples greed of power finally taking form hudge wars everywere kids who could summon being sent to the front lines

Captain Maxx Power
09-12-2005, 01:39 PM
If I had Materia (or magic period) there'd be a lot less trouble in the world let me tell you.

Carl the Llama
09-12-2005, 06:43 PM
[TR][TD]i think if i had materia id end world poverty for a start id have water materia master it about 100x and then distribute them throughout 3rd world contry's so they would have pure clean water all the time and water to grow things with (and id see that there would never be a drout in africa so rare and endangered species wouldnt die out) id also think ice materia would be good for stopping global warming and fire materia would be good for industrial uses like if you had a fire and a water materia you could have an inexaustable souce of energy like you could build train's across 3rd world countrys without contaminating the o zone layer and then id have air (or wind if you like) coupled together with an ice materia to have magical air conditioning throughout the trains) and i also think earth would be good to stop things like the tsunami (mind you i think the ice materia would do just as good a job) but earth would be good for makeing dam's and gravity would be good way to bring things like high branches with fruit closer to you or say for instance if heaven forbid a meteor (ok maybe not a meteor but somthing smaller) it could be used to repel it and it would also be useful for getting rid of waste and garbage heaps and if you had a baby you could use sleep on it (heaven for new parents) these are just a few idea's iv been thinking of im sure there are thousands of others that could be thought of here's a challenge why dont you see if you can think of some good uses for materia such as these :D

Light Mage
09-12-2005, 07:45 PM
How noble :D

Mirage
09-12-2005, 08:09 PM
I'd combine water and earth to create mudslides and stuff

Brian The Pink Shark
09-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Chocolate

Level1 - Chocolate Bar - 20 Mp
Level2 - Chocolate Cake - 50 MP
Level3 - Chocolate fountain - 90 MP

and you can eat it if you want :choc:

EDIT-

i have some summon materia, well it was advertised as an orange glass ball but it works anyway :choc:

Carl the Llama
09-12-2005, 08:27 PM
How noble :D

[TR][TD]*bows* thanks

Blubbbspinat
09-12-2005, 08:35 PM
If materia were sold, I'd choose the 2x Object materia.....I suppose, everyone here knows about the bugin the game, so: You want to buy a car ( for example: BMW Z4... :D)? Just find one and copy it for free.
That would be great.
Or the 'enemy-skill'-materia: I often think of having my teacher's knowlegde while sitting in an exam.

Blubbbspinat
09-12-2005, 08:39 PM
slimfast materia.

Great! :thumb:

Anniexo
09-12-2005, 09:18 PM
mine would be dreamer

1.dream eater (ups HP)
2.dream controll
3.nightmere

think of all the people you could use it on

Gilgamesh of Legends
09-12-2005, 11:50 PM
knights of the round, lets see dem insurgents stand up to 13 invinsible knights eh?

Light Mage
09-13-2005, 12:13 PM
I'd like my own version of the White Materia.

Lv1: Holy (pretty lights *ooh, aah*)
Lv2: Great Gospel (invincibility)
Lv3: All Hell (blast your enemies into dust with Divine Light)

Brian The Pink Shark
09-13-2005, 01:25 PM

somehow i dont think All Hell sounds like a really white magic ability, especially if it attacks with "Divine" light but still pretty cool :choc:

Dark Matter
09-13-2005, 05:48 PM
some idiot just likes to waste materia!
If I've got a materia, I'll give it to my girlfriend as a engagement ring.
I doubt she'll refuse to marry me, seeing that hmmm..

Banishing Blade
09-13-2005, 05:59 PM
A Fly materia would be great. You could fly anywhere in earth you want!

Light Mage
09-13-2005, 08:39 PM

somehow i dont think All Hell sounds like a really white magic ability, especially if it attacks with "Divine" light but still pretty cool :choc:
It's a pun on "All hell breaking loose" an ironic statement to describe an explosion of Holy power...

Brian The Pink Shark
09-14-2005, 06:39 PM
ahh ok :choc:

chocobo hunter
09-16-2005, 05:03 AM
Clone Materia - you could clone things and make them do things you dont want to

krissy
09-16-2005, 05:53 AM
time

G SpOtZ
09-16-2005, 03:23 PM
time
i second that. controlling time would be AWESOME. but not like the time materia in the game... i mean like being able to control the time of anything you want, whether it'd be urself, another individual, or the whole universe.

fullcure materia would also be nice. along with 0mp materia. and maybe barrier materia, or any materia that could make me unrealistically invincible whenever i wanted to be.

Light Mage
09-16-2005, 07:12 PM
A Phoebe Materia to give you psychic powers.
A Piper Materia to let you freeze time.
A Paige Materia to let you teleport stuff.

I'd also really like a "singing ability" Materia. Mastered level, of course.

Carl the Llama
09-17-2005, 12:28 AM
A Phoebe Materia to give you psychic powers.
A Piper Materia to let you freeze time.
A Paige Materia to let you teleport stuff.

I'd also really like a "singing ability" Materia. Mastered level, of course.

[TR][TD]or a Pru materia that lets you blow smurf up
or a Leo materia that lets you use white lightning XD

Shoden
09-17-2005, 12:33 AM
the EOFF summon materia.

every member of Eoff gather together and flame, spam, ban, pwn, delete and attack the target.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
09-17-2005, 04:39 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/moldy1471/cloudcomet.jpg
Heres some real materia

Anniexo
09-17-2005, 10:37 PM
how about one where who ever your fighting feels any bad feeling from your past (-100 hp for evey bad feeling) and one where evey good feeling heals you and your friends (+100 for evey good feeling) and it would be called..wait for it...feelings lol

Light Mage
09-18-2005, 12:08 PM
how about one where who ever your fighting feels any bad feeling from your past (-100 hp for evey bad feeling) and one where evey good feeling heals you and your friends (+100 for evey good feeling) and it would be called..wait for it...feelings lol
The world is doomed...

Anniexo
09-18-2005, 07:22 PM
The world is doomed...

okay that will not be very good to have lol

Saraphim
09-23-2005, 12:12 PM
I would have the black materia and bahamut materia and stop analying
the cover. It's a graphic it dosent have to mean anything though it dose look like a comet

Light Mage
09-23-2005, 02:29 PM
I want a "Bondage Slave Sephiroth™ Materia". It summons Sephiroth wearing nothing but a few strips of leather and holding a feather duster, washing up gloves and carrying a vacuum cleaner and a can of furniture polish. Put that boy to work!

Ceil
09-24-2005, 03:03 AM
I think the 'Spirit Form' (for lack of a better term) materia from the movie was pretty awesome o/

Quiksilver326
09-24-2005, 03:37 AM
I would get a materia that lets you limit break and I would get another one that lets you lag time. Get everyone to think you move really fast.

Anniexo
09-24-2005, 07:34 PM
I want a "Bondage Slave Sephiroth™ Materia". It summons Sephiroth wearing nothing but a few strips of leather and holding a feather duster, washing up gloves and carrying a vacuum cleaner and a can of furniture polish. Put that boy to work!

that would be funny to see

DarkLord
09-25-2005, 04:37 AM
Sephiroth cleaning houses, not enough grandeur for 'ol Sephisplat, 'im thhinkin' mansions rather than houses. Personally I'd make a clone materia, two minds are better than one yeah? Millions of snacks will vanish under mysterious circumstances. Me like.

Lord_Bahamut
09-27-2005, 06:42 AM
ummm lets see....i would say Time Travel Materia.....that way i can move about back and forth through time....also its better to Exist before someone else dose lol...cause that way you can alter thair Future

MysticD
10-06-2005, 01:43 PM
I would want a Shapeshifting materai!!!!
*Shapeshifts into Cait Cith*
Cait Sith:*Kicks Barret's *Censored*
Barret:#%#$^*&^!!!!!

Azuriell
10-06-2005, 08:16 PM
W-Materia + Black Materia and equip a friend with Mimic.
And then use Black Materia on the world, universe and other places(if they exist).