PDA

View Full Version : Nippon Ichi

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Being a big fan of the Nippon Ichi games, I figured that I'd conduct a bit of a poll to see which of the games they've released people enjoy the most. Not only is it interesting, it can also help me decide which game to get next, assuming that I don't already own it.

So, which Nippon Ichi game is your favorite? I'll try to get all of the games, but I'll leave an "other" option just in case I miss something.

Also, discuss why you think the game is good.

Craig
09-09-2005, 11:10 PM
I've only played Disgaea, but I love it. Phantom Brave sounds quite interesting, and I'll probably get it once I'm not so poor.

Mercen-X
09-09-2005, 11:15 PM
I've only played Disgaea and PB. I like PB's dungeon system better than Disgaea's item system. Laharl is a better character than Ash. I think the angel girl from Disgaea is more annoying than Marona from Phantom Brave.
Enhancing items in Disgaea was . . . interesting . . . but enhancing items in PB is easy. Although, the equipment system can be annoying.

Dreddz
09-09-2005, 11:21 PM
Ive only played Disgaea and Phantom Brave
I prefered Disgaea, but Phantom Brave is still a kick ass gave, even though I aint completed it yet......

Markus. D
09-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Disgaea: HoD is by far one of the greatest tactics games ever.

and how good are the theme songs.

ZeZipster
09-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Disgaea wins hands down.

Nin-nin!

Rengori
09-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Tell me which game I never shut up about? (Disgaea)

Polnareff
09-11-2005, 05:46 PM
I don'y exactly have a "favorite" because I only owned and played La Pucelle. Strangely, I've heard that's the rarest one of all the newer Nippon Ichi games (I'd agree with that; there's a few copies of Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom, Disgaea, and Iris around here, and this copy of Pucelle I have is the only one I've seen :o).

The reason I didn't get Disgaea or any of the others yet is because they're either still fifty bucks or they got sold out.

La Pucelle's kinda fun, it reminds me of Bahamut Lagoon a little. It gets REALLY hard after a certain chapter, though, and you'll have to level your characters to death. The characters you get are really cool and each have their own unique fighting moves and skills. Prier and Culotte are two of the cutest strategy game characters I have ever seen xD

Endless
09-11-2005, 07:06 PM
La Pucelle is very easy to find, and cheap on top of it ($27.94 to import it from the US to France, shipping & handling included). Disgaea just had a small number of reprints done, but is still by far the hardest to find and most expensive on ebay. PB is recent enough that you can still find it new easily, and MK has been out only for a couple of months, so it's common. And even if I like Atelier Iris a lot, it's not a NIS game.

In terms of favorites, I voted Disgaea, then MK and LP (which I need to resume playing), and last PB.

Polnareff
09-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Well that just proves how backwards Ohio is in terms of games. I swear, you can easily find Disgaea or PB or MK around here at least once a month. I've never seen LP anywhere since I got it.

I'm planning on getting Disgaea, but I'll wait for the price to drop to around 40.

Phantom Brave can be found really cheap around here, about 18 bucks, but I've heard nothing but negative things about it.