PDA

View Full Version : WOW I DID *NOT* expect this reaction from me *MAJOR spoiler*

FFX_fanatiq
09-10-2005, 04:36 AM
zzzzzzzzz

boys from the dwarf
09-10-2005, 09:10 AM
although aeris is my least favourite FF character it is kinda sad when sephiroth and cloud start talking to eachother after sephiroth killed aeris.none of the FF scenes got me that emotional

ScottNUMBERS
09-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Wait till you see FFIX's ending. :cry:

Christmas
09-10-2005, 11:57 AM

Do you mean FF X?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-10-2005, 01:34 PM
both r emotional, 10 probly more than nine. The aeris thing didn't make me cry but i felt stupid for puttin so much effort into gettin and using great gospel (since the only time i used her was in the temple of the ancients! :D)

G SpOtZ
09-10-2005, 04:33 PM
aeris sux.

Rengori
09-10-2005, 04:52 PM

Do you mean FF X?
Sorry to break it to you, but FFX's ending sucked IMO (I finally found out what IMO means!).

As for Sephy killing Aeris, that was a necisarry plot turn that actually saved the game from ending there.

boys from the dwarf
09-10-2005, 05:04 PM
aeris sux.
once again i agree with G SpOtZ.

blackline77
09-10-2005, 05:04 PM
yeah u r a girl thats probably y u got so emotional.(no offense to girls)

Momiji
09-10-2005, 05:38 PM

Do you mean FF X?

FFIX had a really good ending.

But just to stay on topic, it was emotional, although I know it was going to happen.

G SpOtZ
09-10-2005, 05:59 PM
they shoulda made aeris die again.

*cloud lets aeris sink into the water*

"........"

*aeris swims back up*
Aeris: hey guys, i'm not dead ! ^_____^

Cloud: wtf? *takes out sword and omnislashes her*

Tifa: Cloud!!! what'd you do THAT for?! even though it WAS pretty funny... heheh...

Cloud: i omnislashed her because she will never match up to ur boob size, tifa. and plus, she sucked as a fighter and as a person. b*tch. *throws rock at dead aeris*

hooray for tifa's boobage!

Rengori
09-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Hooray!

bipper
09-10-2005, 08:11 PM
As for Sephy killing Aeris, that was a necisarry plot turn that actually saved the game from ending there.
As far as I know, the game could not of ended there. Cause her prayer worked, Holy is just being suppressed by some momma's boy.

Yeah, a truly good scene. Though I am not a huge fan of Aerith, I was kinda touched by Clouds rection.

Bipper

Rengori
09-10-2005, 08:22 PM
No, Aeris's prayer only partially worked. Sephy killed her so he could repress it.

FFX_fanatiq
09-10-2005, 08:36 PM
ssssssssssss

Reles
09-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Wow, you cried? How odd. I just got done playing ff5, it had a good ending, it was so happy. ;-; All the flashbacks were cute too. <3

Craig
09-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Wait, Aeris dies?

Carl the Llama
09-11-2005, 12:28 AM
it was emotional but the sceen with nanaki and seto has always brought a tear to my eye and believe me the only time i have cryed before was at my grans funeral this sceen where nanaki finally found out his father was not only respected and a hero but when seto starts crying.... fill's my being with happieness and always brings a tear to my eye :riiight:

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
09-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Wait, Aeris dies?

your not serious right?

Rengori
09-13-2005, 02:15 AM
Wait, Aeris dies?

your not serious right?
OMG AERIS DIES!

ZeZipster
09-13-2005, 02:28 AM
I'm going to be honest...

I cried too.

Rengori
09-13-2005, 02:34 AM
Okay, I'll admit I cried too... But only because the music was emo.

Vyk
09-13-2005, 02:37 AM
I got misty eyed, I knew it was happening at some point thanks to a website. But like I've said many times before. Knowing it barely means anything, which is why I don't care about spoilers. Knowing and experiencing it for yourself are totally different worlds

nik0tine
09-13-2005, 03:38 AM
I did not cry and I'm better than those of you who did.

Carl the Llama
09-13-2005, 03:47 AM

[TR][TD]so your saying that because we are in touch with our emotions you are the better person? i think you'll find the we are better people BECAUSE we got emotional

kikimm
09-13-2005, 03:52 AM
0tine was making a funny. Don't take that post too seriously. =) *spanks 0tine*

I almost cried, but didn't, since I hate Aeris and she is not worthy of my tears.

G SpOtZ
09-13-2005, 04:25 AM
i cried because aeris wasn't punished harshly and brutally enough.

Yliette
09-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Oh, sadly I didn't cry.

In fact I was greatly enlightened! Ah, the sweet caress of blood across Sephy's almighty blade... What poetry in motion...

But FFX's ending made me cry. The first and only RPG to extract tears from my eyes...

Emerald weapon
09-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Oh, sadly I didn't cry.

In fact I was greatly enlightened! Ah, the sweet caress of blood across Sephy's almighty blade... What poetry in motion...

But FFX's ending made me cry. The first and only RPG to extract tears from my eyes...
But eh sephiroths sword did'nt have blood on it so how can that make poetry????

MJN SEIFER
09-17-2005, 03:59 PM

I am so F***ing sick of people steriotyping like this!!!

I'm a BOY I got emotional. A lot of BOYS did! I cried because it's what I do when someone dies (Even if they are fictional characters - I don't give a toss!)

What does that have to with what gender you are?! (Reminder I'm a boy)

Vyk
09-17-2005, 08:17 PM
So blackline is an unemotional something-or-other. No need to get all heated over it. Like I said (and I'm not afraid to admit it) I got misty eyed. I'm a dude. Its no big deal o_O; Though that other post I have to wonder about. FFX's ending sucked XD But Tidus is a cry baby. Of course HE cried. Didn't really do anything for me though. Of course pretty much everytime him or Yuna cried I was kinda confused. They both cry too easily. Granted she had the weight of the world resting on her shoulders. If she was gonna break down, she coulda taken the opportunity to show a little personality with it ^_^' But I apologise. I'm going off on a tangent.

TurkSlayer
09-17-2005, 08:32 PM
aeris sux.

BackRoomKid
09-18-2005, 08:12 AM

I am so F***ing sick of people steriotyping like this!!!

I'm a BOY I got emotional. A lot of BOYS did! I cried because it's what I do when someone dies (Even if they are fictional characters - I don't give a toss!)

What does that have to with what gender you are?! (Reminder I'm a boy)

The Cure - Boys Don't Cry

*making a funny, take it or leave it*

MJN SEIFER
09-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Aeries Death, Eyes On Me Scene and FFX's ending all brilliant scenes for FF games. :love:

Vyk
09-18-2005, 11:10 PM
I would take Locke's dramatic past over any of those however :D

Doomie
09-18-2005, 11:49 PM
I didn't cry because I'M A MAN!!!!11!! WOO, BEER!!!111!1!

Hellza
09-19-2005, 12:55 AM
Yea it was good, but ff9 ending was just great.. :cry:

Rikku_Is_Me
09-19-2005, 04:25 PM
You didn't cry because you suck.... :mad2:

bipper
09-20-2005, 12:11 AM

I completley agree.

DarknessFromAbove
09-20-2005, 12:24 AM
You guys are funny XD I didn't cry, but I was totaly exhilarated. I wooped Jenova's butt with a vengance too. The ending got me a little choked up though 'cause I was all like:
"OMG It's over? What happens!?"
"You stupid credits! It can't be over!"
"NOOOO!"
*presses restart*
:D

Cipher
09-21-2005, 12:31 PM
I spent hours upon hours playing this game with my brother looking over my shoulder. We used to take turns reading the lines and whatnot, so we got really into the game.

So the the scene in question kind of played out like this.

*Cloud finds Aerith kneeling at the altar*
Me: Good, now she can call holy.
Brother: You know, that was almost too easy...

*that scene where Cloud's fighting to not attack Aerith with his sword*
Brother: O.o ....What are you doing? Stop trying to attack her and finish the scene.
Me: I'm trying...! *frantically pressing the directional pad and random buttons, which only made it worse*

*Cloud finally backs off, both my brother and I were kind of like whew, but wtf at the same time*

Enter FMV. Aerith turns and smiles, and we're trying to figure out what's going on, right?

Me: Hey...what's that black spot coming down from the sky?
Brother: Looks like Seph---

*SHING! Sephiroth lays waste to Aerith*

Aerith: O.O
Me: O.o
Brother: O.o

Mysterious materia falls out of Aerith's hair and bounces into the water, complete with sappy music.

By this time, Sephiroth is talking...you know, the icon box pops up? Only the icon box stays there for like five minutes, because I was too shocked to press the x button. Sephiroth's ensuing spiel pissed me off, I beat the snot out of Jenova, and we bury Aerith.

My bro was especially pissed because we named Aerith after his then-current girlfriend. xD But yeah, bottom line is that I was traumatized for at least two days afterwards.

Destai
09-21-2005, 02:11 PM

MJN SEIFER
09-21-2005, 08:24 PM
My bro was especially pissed because we named Aerith after his then-current girlfriend

LOL I did the same thing the first time I played. Ifact all charatcers where people I knew.

Cloud - My Name

Aeries My girlfriend's name

Tifa - My ex's name.

ScottNUMBERS
09-21-2005, 11:10 PM

Do you mean FF X?

No... :irked: ..I mean IX (9)(yes thats NINE)'s ending.

X's ending was terrible. imo.

Swordicanus
09-22-2005, 04:35 PM

Do you mean FF X?
Sorry to break it to you, but FFX's ending sucked IMO (I finally found out what IMO means!).

What does IMO mean?

Vyk
09-22-2005, 05:21 PM
In My Opinion

Swordicanus
09-23-2005, 04:25 PM
...........thats grand ty

ThroneofDravaris
09-23-2005, 04:59 PM
No... ..I mean IX (9)(yes thats NINE)'s ending.

I wouldn't let it get to you, most people forget that there WAS an FFIX...

AAAARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE THE INSANE FFVI APPRECIATION STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, if one more person points out how ANY random scene in FFVI was better than anything else ever made, I’m going to put a bullet in my head!

*ahem*

…yes, anyway while I think it might be a bit over the top start crying during Aeris’ death scene, I have to acknowledge that it was pretty depressing.

MysticD
09-24-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Del Mordor:

You didn't cry because you suck....

Agreed.
I didn't really want any of my characters to die permenantly,but Aeris death came as abit of a shock.I went running around my house screaming to everyone: "Aeris is dead!!!!!**** it!!!!!!!!!!!"
Two days later i stil wasn't used to not having Aeris with me.
And i never am.
Because i need her healing powers!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(

bipper
09-24-2005, 02:14 PM
No... ..I mean IX (9)(yes thats NINE)'s ending.

I wouldn't let it get to you, most people forget that there WAS an FFIX...

AAAARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE THE INSANE FFVI APPRECIATION STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, if one more person points out how ANY random scene in FFVI was better than anything else ever made, I’m going to put a bullet in my head!

*ahem*

DON'T MAKE FUN OF THE OCTOPUS KIDDIES!

ThroneofDravaris
09-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Well, there goes my last shred of faith in mankind...

localflick
09-26-2005, 04:42 AM
Well, I didn't cry when Aeris died, but I'm also not pulling that macho ass "I'm above crying" crap either.

But what I want to know, is for those that did cry when Aeris died, were you upset because you lost a character you liked, or because she was the closest thing you had to a real mage, and you leveled her up for hours, and worked your ASS OFF FIGHTING TO GET EVERY SINGLE LIMIT BREAK SHE HAD, THEN THAT BASTARD SEPHIROTH TOOK ALL THAT AWAY FROM YOU, AND IT WAS ALL FOR NOTHING?!?!

...uh sorry, but it kinda pissed me off at the time. :irked:

ThroneofDravaris
09-26-2005, 05:06 AM
Damn, should have put mine in bold...

Wedge
09-26-2005, 05:22 AM
aeris sux.

Aeris added the emotional and upbrining side to Cloud that kept him going. She plays a gret importance to Cloud in the game over any other character. Some people often think that she was pretty useless as far as the gameplay goes but what made Final Fantasy VII awesome was the breakthroughs at the time as an RPG with solid game play and story line.

Advent Children enhances this relationship between Aeris and Cloud a lot.

Skyblade
09-26-2005, 07:28 AM
aeris sux.

Aeris added the emotional and upbrining side to Cloud that kept him going. She plays a gret importance to Cloud in the game over any other character. Some people often think that she was pretty useless as far as the gameplay goes but what made Final Fantasy VII awesome was the breakthroughs at the time as an RPG with solid game play and story line.

Advent Children enhances this relationship between Aeris and Cloud a lot.

Actually, Tifa did just as much or more to keep Cloud going as Aeris did. The single greatest thing Aeris did to keep Cloud going was to die. Then Cloud kept on to avenge her. Tifa was the one who nursed him to health when she found him in Midgar, who is always their to support him, who is always the most worried about him (including when he freaks out), and who is always the most relieved when she finds out he's safe.

Personally, a lot of scenes seemed more emotional to me than Aeris' death. The death of Ifalna and Elmyra's husband, the events in Mideel when Cloud goes insane (and Tifa quits everything in order to stay with him and do whatever she can to protect him. Granted: Aeris was dead by that point, but I still don't think she'd have done what Tifa did), and the discussion between Cloud and Tifa when most of the team goes home right before you assault the Crater all felt more emotional to me than Aeris' death. Aeris' death was just Aeris doing what she felt had to be done. She's just "going back to the Planet" anyway. Almost everything she did was to try to save the world, while Tifa was the one who did what she did because she cared for Cloud.

Quiksilver326
09-26-2005, 01:44 PM
I agree

Wedge
09-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Actually, Tifa did just as much or more to keep Cloud going as Aeris did. The single greatest thing Aeris did to keep Cloud going was to die. Then Cloud kept on to avenge her.
True. It did give Cloud an ongoing goal, like you said, that seemed to me, to be his biggest priority.

Tifa was the one who nursed him to health when she found him in Midgar, who is always their to support him, who is always the most worried about him (including when he freaks out), and who is always the most relieved when she finds out he's safe.
Tifa cared for Cloud deeply. I think Cloud is quite "out-of-it" throughout the game as what he actually wants but I interepted that he was going through fighting "for" Aeris than he was fighting "for" Tifa. At the start of the game, he was confused and didn't even know his own background. The death of Aeris I think, pushed him more to discover what the hell is going on with himself rather then just fight alongside a bunch of individuals without a goal.

Personally, a lot of scenes seemed more emotional to me than Aeris' death. The death of Ifalna and Elmyra's husband, the events in Mideel when Cloud goes insane (and Tifa quits everything in order to stay with him and do whatever she can to protect him. Granted: Aeris was dead by that point, but I still don't think she'd have done what Tifa did), and the discussion between Cloud and Tifa when most of the team goes home right before you assault the Crater all felt more emotional to me than Aeris' death. Aeris' death was just Aeris doing what she felt had to be done. She's just "going back to the Planet" anyway. Almost everything she did was to try to save the world, while Tifa was the one who did what she did because she cared for Cloud.
All the scenes in Nibelhelm were the most emotional for me because it was the part where Cloud started to break down mentally. All of those scenes were my favorite in the whole game too, just my opinion.

Prancing Mad
09-27-2005, 03:20 AM
FF7 made me tear up, because when it happened to me, it was not well-known information that she died. So it was HUGE plot-twist and I was super-shocked. It was so sad, and sephy's nonchalant attitude just added to it. 10 was emotional, but they prepared you for the emotional sad ending. 7 just plopped you into. I mean since when do you not save the damsel in distress in games? And Aeris was a wicked character. And she was useful too. I didn't spend hours on her, but I had her around half the time, 'cause her healing limit break healed me right up just when I'd be getting down. No MP cost. I liked that a lot. I'ma stingy player, and her limit was useful to me. So, it made me cry when she died. IMO she was useful and cute.

Lord_Bahamut
09-27-2005, 06:18 AM

ok...thats sad not crying and thinking your better than others cause of it? lol come on get real? I cryed my eyes out for like 5 mins when Areis Died.....i nearly put my Murasame through my TV ( aye Ebay is wonderful , got me one for $212 ) im extremely Emotional being so makes you better cause you feel human.

thats why i love Final Fantasy Games and other Squaresoft/Enix RPGs cause thair Emotionally graphic and i love that feelin anger...hate...sorrow..happyness its all good. oh and im a guy btw just to let ya'll know cause i know some people discriminate against Males who cry and such but i dont care lol thats thair opinion.

Cipher
09-27-2005, 02:26 PM
...i nearly put my Murasame through my TV ( aye Ebay is wonderful , got me one for $212 )...

Remind me never to go to your house to watch a chick flick. ;)

No, but seriously. Some people just react to things differently. Example: I was more stunned and pissed off than tearful when Aerith got the blade laid down her spine... but I DID cry when Bambi's momma died, plus became vegetarian until my parents were able to convince me that we never eat deermeat anyway. I was seven at the time.

No joke.

Lord_Bahamut
09-27-2005, 08:23 PM
...i nearly put my Murasame through my TV ( aye Ebay is wonderful , got me one for $212 )...

No, but seriously. Some people just react to things differently. Example: I was more stunned and pissed off than tearful when Aerith got the blade laid down her spine... but I DID cry when Bambi's momma died, plus became vegetarian until my parents were able to convince me that we never eat deermeat anyway. I was seven at the time.

No joke.

lol i Cryed when Bambi's Mom died to....thus effecting my hunting career = /

Crop
09-28-2005, 04:25 PM
I spent hours upon hours playing this game with my brother looking over my shoulder. We used to take turns reading the lines and whatnot, so we got really into the game.

Brother: O.o ....What are you doing? Stop trying to attack her and finish the scene.
Me: I'm trying...! *frantically pressing the directional pad and random buttons, which only made it worse*

*Cloud finally backs off, both my brother and I were kind of like whew, but wtf at the same time*

Enter FMV. Aerith turns and smiles, and we're trying to figure out what's going on, right?

Mysterious materia falls out of Aerith's hair and bounces into the water, complete with sappy music.

By this time, Sephiroth is talking...you know, the icon box pops up? Only the icon box stays there for like five minutes, because I was too shocked to press the x button. Sephiroth's ensuing spiel pissed me off, I beat the snot out of Jenova, and we bury Aerith.

My bro was especially pissed because we named Aerith after his then-current girlfriend. xD But yeah, bottom line is that I was traumatized for at least two days afterwards.

lol. Me and my brother do kinda the same thing all the time, we do it a lot for a laugh.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-02-2005, 02:21 PM
i cried, when Rinoa got lost in space
FFX ending and When aeris dies....FFIX ending is just crap.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-02-2005, 02:23 PM

lol. Me and my brother do kinda the same thing all the time, we do it a lot for a laugh.

You are so lucky i'd love to be able to play FF with my bro, but he's a real dick and thinks they are "gay"........never had much taste.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-02-2005, 02:25 PM

No joke.

lol i Cryed when Bambi's Mom died to....thus effecting my hunting career = /

Loadsa people cry when Bambis mum dies, but i couldn't really care less. then again i was probably too young to really know what happened.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
10-04-2005, 06:51 AM
I didn't get emotional, I found out Aeris died before I got to it, It sucks, I wish I did not know it before it happened...*sigh*

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
10-04-2005, 06:53 AM

You are so lucky i'd love to be able to play FF with my bro, but he's a real dick and thinks they are "gay"........never had much taste.

Heh, Heh, My brother said he didn't wanna play FF7 because the graphics look like ****

Rengori
10-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Heh, Heh, My brother said he didn't wanna play FF7 because the graphics look like ****
*pulls out a buster sword and goes off to kill your brother*

Ceil
10-04-2005, 02:31 PM

LMFAO! That's the funniest thing I've ever read about the death of Aeris XD That's just GOLDEN! :D

Hugomand
10-06-2005, 07:52 PM
How can you guys be so cold! Aeris death was TRAGIC, and YES! Even though someone told me she died before i knew, I CRIED! I was speechlees. Feeling empty! It is one of the things that makes FF7 ROCK! I got so mad at sephiroth! :mad2:

Winter Nights
10-06-2005, 08:24 PM
How can you guys be so cold! Aeris death was TRAGIC, and YES! Even though someone told me she died before i knew, I CRIED! I was speechlees. Feeling empty! It is one of the things that makes FF7 ROCK! I got so mad at sephiroth! :mad2:
*shrugs* Because some of us couldn't stand Aerith and didn't really care if she died, as she wasn't real to begin with.

Skyblade
10-06-2005, 10:36 PM

Yes, it was one of the things that was great about FFVII. I appreciate games that are willing to kill off major characters. That's also something I liked about FFVI (when the twins cast Stone on themselves to save you).

But I don't think it was that tragic, and I already said why. Aeris didn't consider it the end, she was just doing the job that had to be done. She knew that she would just return to the Planet anyway.

And Tifa should be the one with Cloud. Not Aeris.

Rengori
10-07-2005, 12:46 AM
That's also something I liked about FFVI (when the twins cast Stone on themselves to save you).
That's FFIV. As in 4. As in the power of cheese.

Skyblade
10-07-2005, 01:29 AM
That's also something I liked about FFVI (when the twins cast Stone on themselves to save you).
That's FFIV. As in 4. As in the power of cheese.

Oops. You're right. Sorry.

blackmage_nuke
10-07-2005, 02:02 AM
i probably would have cried and it would have been a big surprise when aeris died if my stupid friend didnt spoil it for me and tell me it was gonna happen

deathtrooper
10-17-2005, 07:45 PM
u r a bit of a physco if you enjoy watchin people get slaughtered
never come near me or my family

I admit, i was THISSS close to crying

GunbladeMaster
10-17-2005, 07:57 PM
i was THIIIS close to saying wtf??? what kind of ending was that until i saw the after-credits ending

Zidane_Tribal
10-17-2005, 08:16 PM
i didnt cry one bit, i knew it was going to happen and when it did i was happy cause just having her around was annoying

THANKY YOU SEPHY!!!

FFGuevara
10-17-2005, 08:16 PM
l

Dinnova
10-17-2005, 09:24 PM
I just fealt bad that i never used her, maby got a little depressed, but Oh well. I knew it was going to happen

Crow
10-18-2005, 09:16 PM
eh i never cared for her so it didnt bother me but when i saw it happen, for the first time my reaction was "damn,Cloud is going to be pissed"

Ultima Shadow
10-18-2005, 11:15 PM
But seriously... nothing beats Shadow's tragic ending scene! :(

Anyways... yes, Aeris death is 1 of the most touching moments in any game ever.