PDA

View Full Version : Two Way Fanaticism

Skyblade
09-10-2005, 07:15 AM
This might belong in EoEO, I'm not sure, but it relates specifically to the FFX-2 forum, so I thought I'd post it here. Anyway, upon reading through a number of threads here (FFX-3 Planing, I gotta theroy about Y.R.P, 500 reasons why FFX-2 is the best, just to name a few), there seems to be a major difference between this forum and the other FF game forums. Mainly, when someone posts how much they hate FFVII in an FFVII forum, they are told by many that if they don't like it, they shouldn't post in it. Yet, in this one, people seem to do nothing except rant about problems that they have with FFX-2, YRP, the music, etc., but never seem to have any offsetting positive views about the game. Why is it that such views are tolerated in this forum, but none of the others?

Maybe I'm just overreacting, but there are fans of every game. The FFX-2 fans don't go in saying how much all the other FFs suck, so why do all the other FF game fans do that to FFX-2? The game might not be my favorite, but I prefer to see meaningful conversation instead of just "this game sux" no matter what the topic.

boys from the dwarf
09-10-2005, 12:48 PM
i my no means hate FFX-2 but dont like it as much as the other FFs. the game shorter and easier than most FFs and id say its quite sexist. the jobs systems good and the graphics are too and the battle system is faster but in a sense better because you have more freedom and can domultiple actions. but some of the extras make it feel a lot less a final fantasy than the others. the storyline is less complex and simpler and the only good one is paines past life storyline(which i quite enjoyed.) the normal bosses are all easy and the superbosses arent as challenging as a lot of the others.FFX-2 is a good game definetly but i prefer the other FFs.

Momiji
09-10-2005, 01:10 PM
I also by no means hate FFX-2. It just isn't as good as say...FFIX!

Craig
09-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Power in numbers, I guess.

SammieBabe
09-10-2005, 01:18 PM
I think part of it too, is that alot of FF fans think that everyone who enjoyed the game is 14 and can't be taken seriously.. Which is not the case. I can admit myself that it can be a little hard to take seriously when sometimes when I come here and the only active threads are about who has the best hair and what guys the girls should date. I'm not saying there shouldn't be threads about that, but threads like that are almost asking for it IMO. It also according to some should have never been made, so therefore sucks by default. If someone in a thread does come on saying how much X-2 sucked, they are told to not post, they just don't listen..... :rolleyes2

kikimm
09-10-2005, 06:37 PM
So people hate it. So what? I really don't see a problem. Maybe there's just more people who don't like the game than people who do. It's not that certain views are tolerated in certain forums; not at all. It's just that people can say whatever the hell they want to say about the games. The X-2 fans have just as much of a right to hate on the other games; they don't, because that's their choice.

I apologize if that sounded a bit harsh, but I've just about had enough of it with these fans of X-2 who keep sending me insulting PMs every time I say something even slightly negative about this game.

Luara
09-10-2005, 06:46 PM
I also by no means hate FFX-2. It just isn't as good as say...FFIX!
:)

XxSephirothxX
09-10-2005, 07:29 PM
It's simple, really: a lot more people hate FFX-2.

Del Murder
09-11-2005, 08:33 AM
Not only do more people dislike this game, but those who do seem to crave attention more than people who don't like the others. I'm sure there is a way to find the connection here. I blame the fact that Square hasn't made another mainstream FF title in a while. When FFXII comes out it should quiet down.

Shauna
09-11-2005, 11:57 AM
I apologize if that sounded a bit harsh, but I've just about had enough of it with these fans of X-2 who keep sending me insulting PMs every time I say something even slightly negative about this game.

Yea... >_< I got one of them... its kinda scary actually... >_<

Old Manus
09-11-2005, 12:29 PM
It's because FFX-2 sucks almighty balls.

raskerino
09-11-2005, 02:08 PM
So people hate it. So what? I really don't see a problem. Maybe there's just more people who don't like the game than people who do. It's not that certain views are tolerated in certain forums; not at all. It's just that people can say whatever the hell they want to say about the games. The X-2 fans have just as much of a right to hate on the other games; they don't, because that's their choice.

Yeah, I've been told I was going to be killed (cause I said I didn't like paine). And another time someone said I a horrible sexist person (again purely because I said I didn't like Paine)... I haven't been here long but this is the only place I've seen this kind of behavior. Also it's the only place where you find mostly threads about who's the best (this includes best hair, hottest- I would also count who should their bf's be as within this type of category), and other threads seem to say things like why don't you like X-2, you should. And then go on to tell people their opinions are wrong. Also I think though I could be wrong (I could be remembering wrong) someone in that said that you shouldn't post about hating X-2 even though the thread was asking for why. This topic comes up for X-2 especially because whenever someone does say something negative they're told they shouldn't post which brings up a thread like this... :rolleyes2

yunasboy
09-11-2005, 11:54 PM
raskerino haha I bet you've been told by painx2rules yes He/or she said she was going to track me down and kill me because I liked yuna Better. So I made a new account it was Yunas boy my old one was yunaxxX2TidusXXx I made a new account hoping to get rid of this person but soon after I wrote in FFX-3 planning and she was all like private messaging me again even after I made a completely new account... These are the kind of people who shouldn't be tollerated..

boys from the dwarf
09-12-2005, 07:35 AM
i never did like painex2rules. but still im glad foreverYRP(or something like that.)was banned about a month ago. completely intolerable.

ThroneofDravaris
09-12-2005, 08:05 AM
K...I'll go back to bashing FFVI then...

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-12-2005, 09:09 AM
If you are receiving threatening PMs please inform us of it and we will see to the situation. That kind of behavior is not tolerated on the forums, and as such if someone is saying such things to you, they will be dealt with accordingly.

Yliette
09-14-2005, 12:55 AM
That's because FFX-2 compared to the other FFs is definitely flawed. It has too many shortcomings and loopholes that the players cannot help but agree in unison.

Of course, jump into an FFVII forum and start a flame thread. With the status that 95% of the gamers love, or are even addicted to FFVII, expect to get shot at in return.

Cruise Control
09-14-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm just too lazy to defend my second favorite FF.