PDA

View Full Version : Levelling up

Brian The Pink Shark
09-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Im in the world of balance at the moment and im just about to go to the floating continent, are there any good places that i can level up at before i go there ? :choc:

boys from the dwarf
09-10-2005, 12:32 PM
i dont think there any realy good places in WoB so id just look around for the place that gives the best exp.

Sasquatch
09-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Actually, the Floating Continent is an excellent place to level up. Better than any other place in the WoB, anyway. Just make sure Shadow has some Bolt Edges, because the Brainpans can be a bitch if you don't get 'em quick.

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
09-10-2005, 07:14 PM
I hate the Floating Continent I think it's scary.
:eek:

tailz
09-10-2005, 07:22 PM
it has some pretty baddass enemies up there but its doable

Brian The Pink Shark
09-10-2005, 07:35 PM
actually i can quite easily get past the floating continent, it's the early areas of WOR that i struggle with, any good training areas there early on? :choc:

Sasquatch
09-10-2005, 07:52 PM
There's not really a good point in the early WoR to level up. Not until after you get the airship, anyway, or at least once you get past Figaro. I'd say, anticipate the WoR being harder, and level up accordingly before you get to that point, if you think you need to. I think the Floating Continent is the best place in the game to level up ... still a challenge, but you get a lot for it. And the battles in FFVI are fun enough to go through a lot of 'em just to level up, anyway. It ain't like it's tedius or anything.

And the levels of the characters you get them back depend on the levels of YOUR characters at that time. Like, say, if Shadow is level 30 when you leave the Floating Continent, and you get everybody to level 80 before you get him back, he'll be somewhere around level 80. Keep that in mind, since you already know the first characters you'll be getting back. I you level up just ONE character, and it's the one you start out with in the WoR, then all of your other characters will be at higher levels when you find them, too.

Peter_20
09-11-2005, 12:48 AM
Now listen, folks, leveling up in the WOB is not a very good idea at all, never get past LV35.
You wanna spend every level on boosting your stats in the end of the game, anyway.
Alternatively equip proper Espers while in the WOB, in order to boost stats at the same time, but that's too complicated and stuff, with all those characters.

A good way to boost Sabin's strength to the maximum is to always have him use Ifrit in the beginning,
then change to Bismark.
DON'T CHANGE THAT ESPER!
Let him develop his Vigor to 128, and he'll be the badass! :D
Then develop his Stamina... ;)

tailz
09-11-2005, 11:21 AM
no sabin most powerfull blitzes are magical and at lvl 99 he does enoguh damage as it is go for his magic power upgrade once that is done get the lest bit for vigor

Sasquatch
09-11-2005, 05:00 PM
If you're one of the schmucks that concentrates on stats, try to only gain levels if you have Espers equipped. If you're normal, just play the game. If you want your characters in the WoR to be at higher levels when you get them back (and thus stronger, better, faster, etc. -- lack of a stat bonus doesn't mean the character will stay just as weak), concentrate on leveling up Celes before you get off the Floating Continent.