PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Newspaper Finalised Job List

Lenna
09-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Right, we now have the set jobs for the staff of the EoFF Newspaper.

We haven't, at the moment, come up with a title but it is torn between two titles - EoFF Post and EFFin Nosey. I'm afraid that only the Staff of the paper can vote but hopefully the better name will come out in the end!

As Editor's of the paper me and Marick will also be doing some main reporting at times.

Please remember the jobs you have require just as much dedication as any of the other jobs. If you are a reporter, it does not mean you are more important than any of the Scouts etc. The Scouts are just as important as they will help gather the information for the Reporters to use.

There will be a list of the Scouts/Extras avalable for helping on the EoFF Newspaper board. If you are a Reporter and are struggling with your own piece, you can find one of these Scouts / Extras and ask if they'd be willing to help. Bear in mind that they will have other duties too, so if possible, try and assign yourself a specific Scout.

This list is subject to change. Show me and Marick how well you can do with the jobs you have been chosen to do, and you will remain in that position. If you fail to meet the standards of the job, we may have to demote you or even remove you from the staff. This is your own choice.

You volunteered to be part of this paper, you are not gaining any payment out of it but the entertained minds of the EoFF community. By volunteering for this, you have agreed to work hard and do your best to make the paper a successful product of our own community. Fail to meet the requirements and you will find that you will not only be letting your staff down, you will be letting your community down aswell.

Thank you again for volunteering for this.

Here's the job list guys.

Editor - Lenna
Co-Editor - Marick/Dignified Pauper
Senior Staff - theundeadhero

Main Story Reporters:
Azar
Chocolate Thief Locke
Miriel
Rusty

Column Reporters:
frunk
Resha
Reles
Primas Inter Pares
DarkCloud
SpiffingCheese

Scouts/Extra's:
Yuna_elena
crop
Apollo
Resha
Primas Inter Pares
SpiffingCheese
ZuZu
Rye (Mostly Graphics help)

Graphics Artists:
Rye (Also GC)
Ultima88
Apollo
xXxGldenCatxXx
Lady Selphie

Puzzles:
Ultima88
Del Murder
Doomie/Del Mordor
Lenna

Cartoonists:
Sephex
KawaiiLeena
Bakuretsu Hakkei
Old Manus
Denmark

Mini Columns:
Jebus - Advice Column (Serious)
theundeadhero - Agony Aunt Column (Non Serious)
Boris No No - Boris' Bits
clouded_sky - Horoscopes
Kaggski - Agony Aunt (Serious / Non Serious)
Marick/Dignified Pauper - What Marick Thinks!

All of you on this list have already registered at Aiyon where we hold the paper. I must stress that you have to check there every day if possible, as it gives you information on how the paper is going to be set up, when it's going to start etc, and what the stories available/taken are.

I expect alot of talented and amusing work from you lot! I'm sure the rest of EoFF will be looking forward to it.

For the Advice columns, can I say that you will be required to Email us if you wish for a question to be put in the paper. Send it to this address : EoFFAdvice@Yahoo.co.uk

State in the title of the email that you wish Kagga/UDH or Jebus to answer it. It's up to you wish. But remember UDH will cover non serious questions, Jebus will cover serious questions and Kagga will cover both. So you will need to state Serious or non serious for Kaggski. If you send a Serious Question to UDH it will merely just get set aside. Please think carefully before sending. We will go through each one and choose the better out of the lot.

Dignified Pauper
09-10-2005, 03:26 PM
This will be the greatest user-project ever affilliated with EoFF!!!!!!

What I Think... EoFF, get ready... I'm ripping you apart!

:love:

Shauna
09-10-2005, 03:32 PM
clouded_sky - Horoscopes

Oh! I was thinking! Awful, I know, but you know how BoB said that it should be done for Join Dates? Well, if its gonna be completely different in that sense, then why don't you change it from like Aries, and stuff to something more... FF-ish?

[/useless rant]

XxSephirothxX
09-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Woo. :cool:

Lenna
09-10-2005, 03:39 PM
clouded_sky - Horoscopes

Oh! I was thinking! Awful, I know, but you know how BoB said that it should be done for Join Dates? Well, if its gonna be completely different in that sense, then why don't you change it from like Aries, and stuff to something more... FF-ish?

[/useless rant]

I like that idea. We could make it random FF-Characters like "You are - etc" but with the join dates etc. :P

fire_of_avalon
09-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Will there be a letters/editorial section?

Shauna
09-10-2005, 03:47 PM
clouded_sky - Horoscopes

[/useless rant]

I like that idea. We could make it random FF-Characters like "You are - etc" but with the join dates etc. :P

Yea, I'd been thinking of that since CS mentioned Horoscopes. I just never got the chance to ask. xD

Lenna
09-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Will there be a letters/editorial section?

Yes there will be <3 ;D

Boosk
09-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Wooot!
Tell me aaaaall your problems! :love:

Rye
09-10-2005, 04:22 PM
It would be pretty cool if there was a small "how to do: ____" section that has one writer interviewing someone from the forum who specializes in something. Like, Jebus and Chef are good are cooking so, maybe one article could be "How to cook: ____ with Jebus/Chef"? :)

Lenna
09-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Possibly, but at the moment Rye I think we're just going to see how things go then try and expand things once we have got control over everything. But yes that is a good idea.

Quina
09-10-2005, 05:23 PM
No Food section?

Lenna
09-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Possibly, but at the moment, I think we're just going to see how things go then try and expand things once we have got control over everything. But yes that is a good idea.

Kamiko
09-10-2005, 06:51 PM
This is great yay!

boris no no
09-10-2005, 08:06 PM
whoot!
well i've posibly said this a million times but i need a few ideas for my ickle colum!
send me pms with as many silly stories as you can! gossip is the key ;p
have you seen psy sneak out of maggie thatchers house?? or seen monkey cuddle a spider instead of cute fluffy things?
any gossip will be great!!
but any material that involves people other then yourself i shall ask the person ;p

lenna! could you put this in your orignial post?? so more people can see ;p
thanks guys! whoot!

Brian The Pink Shark
09-10-2005, 08:14 PM
OMG i didnt even know this was happening, i cant wait for it, ive already sent in a question for kagga's column :D :choc:

Reles
09-10-2005, 09:45 PM
You really have all this faith in me to be a good reporter? :S Well...okay. I'll try my best.

Sephex
09-10-2005, 11:59 PM
As I mentioned 1,000 times, someone PM me when you want me to start working. Oh, and I don't care what the paper is called. Randomly put my vote wherever.

Agent Proto
09-11-2005, 12:48 AM
Can it be possible to have "guest reporters"?

-N-
09-11-2005, 04:36 AM
Dear Jebus,

Meat Puppet keeps picking on me and I don't know how to deal with him. What is the best thing I can do to make him stop?

Sincerely,
Bullied in Bangladesh

Rusty
09-11-2005, 05:18 AM
Awesome. When do we get started?

Dignified Pauper
09-11-2005, 07:00 AM
As I mentioned 1,000 times, someone PM me when you want me to start working. Oh, and I don't care what the paper is called. Randomly put my vote wherever.

That doesn't sound too dedicated.

Can it be possible to have "guest reporters"?

I dunno... Can it? With grammar like that, you won't be one. :P

But seriously, we will take user-submissions, however, they have to be top-notch and better than our own reporters to make it into the paper. We already have a staff, and they are our primary inputs. To get published in the paper and not one of them will be big time booku amazing articles.

Also, we're setting up an e-mail account so that you, the random reader, can send in letters to the editor and suggestions, feedback, etc. Spamming the e-mail will result in serious violations of the trout kind.

Jebus
09-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Dear Jebus,

Meat Puppet keeps picking on me and I don't know how to deal with him. What is the best thing I can do to make him stop?

Sincerely,
Bullied in Bangladesh

Dear Bullied,

I find learning to count helps. You know: .357 .44 .45

Lenna
09-11-2005, 08:57 AM
So far we have the following emails setup:

EoFFAdvice@yahoo.co.uk (Send Advice Column Emails here please stating who and type)
EoFFEditors@yahoo.co.uk (Feedback/anything important to do with the paper.)

I will most probably make one for the staff themselves for story ideas etc. I'm glad to see everyones so excited about it all.

Sephex, we will require, for you to look at Aiyon at least everytime you come on the net. We will not send out pm's to every member of our staff to tell them of important notices etc. This requires as much dedication from you as me and Marick are putting in it to get it all organised and started.

Leene
09-11-2005, 08:57 AM
:save:Yes this is really nice:save:

Lenna
09-11-2005, 09:09 AM
You really have all this faith in me to be a good reporter? :S Well...okay. I'll try my best.

Reles, I believe you have the skill to be a great writer, but you have been placed in the column reporters. This requires a finished story of approx 200 words. It's not much and shouldn't take long to do. The staff is subject to change. There will be promotions in the near future. Once we have the paper underway, we will start to look at the quality and detail of the work as well as the dedication put in to it. We will take this knowledge and try to appoint a head to each department.

Head Reporter
Head Cartoonist
Head Graphics Artist
Head Scout/Extra
Head Puzzler

and possibly one for the Mini Columns section too.

This will be to help me and Marick out. We can do so much work for the first few issues but then we may need to expand and it'll be alot harder to keep organising every department ourselves. This is where the heads of the department come in. So show you're standard of work and capability and you may end up being the head of one of those departments. We will not promote slackers. We will demote them.

Rusty, once we have the paper's name underway then we can start getting all the stories organised etc.

I have sent a PM to both Rye and Ultima88 for them to create a banner for each of the following names : EoFF Post and EFFin Nosey.

Rye so far has been on the ball and has finished both already. Now we're just waiting on Ultima88 and if we don't have something from him in the next day, we'll most likely go with Rye's. The purpose of this was to help out Undeadhero to sort out the layout of the paper.

It wont be long til we start. I would hope it could be Monday, then we'd have started gathering information. And it'd be out by Monday in 2 weeks time. So get voting on the name guys! The sooner we get our name, the sooner we can start!

Primus Inter Pares
09-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Ready :cool:

Lenna
09-11-2005, 10:19 AM
OKAY! All my EoFF Paper staff you MUST look at Aiyon asap. There is a notice in the Bulletin board. YOU MUST READ IT.

I'm counting on you guys. Please don't let me or Marick down.

Lady Selphie
09-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Alright, le`t`s do it :)

Lindy
09-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Apparently, I've missed something that was going on.

For that, I think I'm very glad.

Whattaloadabunk.

DK
09-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Sincerely,
Bullied in Bangladesh

Ex-Motherfucking-dee. That wins the paper. Twice.

Christmas
08-10-2022, 01:19 PM
Another Marick-ed crap by Marick. Ban him already, god damn it.