PDA

View Full Version : Books...?!

Luara
09-10-2005, 07:49 PM
oh, I said I'm DYING to read the "Eldest", I didnt read it, still didnt get out on Portugal... and in other countres I dont know but... I will run to the shop to buy it!!! I adore that book, and The da vinci code was great too...; their my favorite Books of fantasy... whats your favorite book? oh, thinking on Eldest made me feel in "fleas"... Eragon was cute, I hope this ones too... :love: ups... I dont know about yall but, I love to read

XxSephirothxX
09-10-2005, 07:51 PM
I would like to beat people who don't read with a very heavy book.

Luara
09-10-2005, 07:58 PM
isnt that a bit to much.. ? :D

Chris
09-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Favourite books:

"Bridges of Madison County" & "Bram Stoker's Dracula" & "Nosferatu".

:<3:

Kirobaito
09-10-2005, 09:05 PM
I don't read for leisure with the exception of Harry Potter. I had to read Brave New World, Dracula, The Scarlet Letter, The Awakening, Invisible Man, and Frankenstein last year due to school.

Chris
09-10-2005, 09:08 PM
You didn't enjoy Dracula??? *Knives*

Kirobaito
09-10-2005, 09:15 PM
You didn't enjoy Dracula??? *Knives*
I never said that. xD I said that I didn't *choose* to read it.

Shoeberto
09-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Reading makes me sleepy. No matter the book, reading it for an extended period of time puts me to sleep, so I usually have trouble getting much out of them.

1984 is my favorite, though.

Rye
09-10-2005, 09:23 PM
I love reading. My favourite book is Zazoo by Richard Mosher. Unfortunatly, no one I know has ever read it, which is such a shame!

Craig
09-10-2005, 09:25 PM
I used to read Goosebumps books all the time, a few years back. But I slowly lost the concetration needed to read heavily. I did read the 1st 4 Harry Potter books though, and I might try read the others.

I also bought The War of the Worlds, when the movie came out and I got about half way through it, and haven't read it since.

Luara
09-10-2005, 09:26 PM
*Still with "Eragon" in my arms* * Loking to him*
- I love you, you know that... :love: :love:
Well... first I didnt like books, but then I started to read, and... puff...
*kissing the book* :<3: :<3: :<3:

Reles
09-10-2005, 09:32 PM
My favorite book was "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath. Not because I enjoyed it, it's the most depressing book, no one can possibly enjoy it. But I like it because I'm in awe with it and how she can sway your emotions and for moments after reading, you begin to feel the way the chacter feels. It's really hard to explain, but any book that can put such a strong emotion on me like that, has my appreciation.

I'm reading the 4th Harry Potter right now just so I can watch the movie after I've read the book this time to get my own interpretation and complain about what they change or left out. :D

Chris
09-10-2005, 09:33 PM
I never said that. xD I said that I didn't *choose* to read it.
Oh, okay. Then we're straight. xD

Kamiko
09-10-2005, 09:52 PM
I read too much. I had perfect vision when I was like 4. But then I learned to read and now I have 20:200 vision.

rubah
09-10-2005, 11:35 PM
When I take my last AR test for high school, I'll print off my AR reading log (since fifth grade) and scan it for you guys.

With AR time, there is a strange combination of leisure and graded reading, so sometimes it's all good. I'm finishing reading Watership Down, and I'm nearly to a part of the book I didn't get to when in Lafayette. (for more leisurely reading, I also restarted Anne of Avonlea, and over the summer I read a number of my christopher pike collection again)

Luara
09-10-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm writing a story... (below) It calls 'Rayonn the sacred hope'...well, I know that it wont be on any store, but still... :love: "Sacred hope" ahahah :chuckle: :angel: :angel:

Hawkeye
09-10-2005, 11:43 PM
See Spot Run was a very heart warming and informational book

fire_of_avalon
09-11-2005, 05:48 AM
*moves to The Lounge*

I like to read books. All kinds of books ^_^

Rusty
09-11-2005, 05:55 AM
I love to read! My favourite books are - 'The Tomorrow Series' by John Marsden, 'Checkers' by John Marsden, 'The Ellie Chronicles' by John Marden, 'Daughter of Venice' by Donna Jo Napoli, 'A bride most begrudging' by Deeanne Gist, anything by Janette Oke, 'Tithe' by someone - forgot her name.

I have so many favourite books - to many to list. I'm a fan of Jane Austen as well.

I Took the Red Pill
09-11-2005, 08:06 AM
My favorites are "Of Mice and Men", and "Lord of the Flies".

Jewels
09-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Definitely John Marsden's Tomorrow When the War Began series. I also enjoyed Angels and Demons by Dan Brown.

Twisted Tinkerbell
09-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Dram Stoker's Dracular, J D Salinger's Catcher in the Rye, and Monica Belle's Black Lipstick Kisses

Nephiliam
09-12-2005, 04:20 PM
I love to read. Right now I am reading 3 books at once. xD First Rider's Call by Kristen Britain, WarCraft: The Day of the Dragon, and By The Sword by Mercedes Lackey.

My favorites series are The Heralds of Valdemar, Dragonlance, A Song of Fire and Ice and the Wheel of Time.