PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question

Strider
09-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Every time I send a PM, a little prompt asks me if I want a read receipt. But since I really don't care that much, is there any way to shut that off?

RSL
09-10-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm not seeing anything. Maybe someone else knows something I don't.

Just a friendly reminder that the help forum and the feedback forum are two seperate things.

Leeza
09-10-2005, 09:23 PM
I always get that message and I believe it was put in place so that Staff will know whether or not a member has read the PMs that are sent out by them. This way we can see if a PM has been read or not and then the member cannot claim that he has not read it. I didn't think that it was a feature that could be turned on or off and I don't understand why you don't get the little message, RSL.

Raistlin
09-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah, that little message is kind of annoying.

Oh, and Leeza: that wouldn't exactly work, 'cause the receiver has the option of not sending a receipt.

Laugh at face of Danger
09-10-2005, 10:01 PM
i always get that thing, it's dead annoying

Leeza
09-10-2005, 10:13 PM

Oh, and Leeza: that wouldn't exactly work, 'cause the receiver has the option of not sending a receipt.
This is not an option any longer, as far as I know. Receipts are now automatically sent so that the Staff knows whether or not a PM has been read. It used to be that you had a choice, I believe, but not anymore.

Endless
09-10-2005, 10:14 PM
He's talking about the prompt when you <i>send</i> a PM, not when you receive one. Obviously, you're not going to be asked whether you want to confirm you read it if the sender didn't request a confirmation.

Leeza
09-10-2005, 10:20 PM
I see. Well, I think you're all stuck with the little message anyway because I don't think there would be a way for some members to get it and some not. But I know I click the OK button at all times because when I send ed a PM, I do want to know whether or not he's read it. :)

Dixie
09-10-2005, 10:47 PM
But I know I click the OK button at all times because when I send ed a PM, I do want to know whether or not he's read it. :):D:p You are so awesome.

That thing....I've been looking for a way to get rid of it!:( I cannot find a way, sadly.:(

RSL
09-10-2005, 10:51 PM
What I mean by " I'm not seeing anything." is that I don't see any way to turn this option off.

Raistlin
09-10-2005, 10:51 PM

This is not an option any longer, as far as I know. Receipts are now automatically sent so that the Staff knows whether or not a PM has been read. It used to be that you had a choice, I believe, but not anymore.
Really? Aw.

Raf: Leeza was actually right. Somehow. :rolleyes2

I see. Well, I think you're all stuck with the little message anyway because I don't think there would be a way for some members to get it and some not. But I know I click the OK button at all times because when I send ed a PM, I do want to know whether or not he's read it.
xD

RSL
09-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Okay, I'll add my dumb question to this thread. How do you check if someone has read your PM? I have absolutely no idea.

Leeza
09-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Right under the drop-down list there will be something like this:

<i>You have 1066 confirmed and 2 unconfirmed private message receipts.</i>

Click on it and scroll right down to the bottom of the page.

RSL
09-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Do I have to request a "read receipt" for that? Because I always click cancel when that comes up.

Leeza
09-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Yes, you have to click on OK in order for PMs to show up there. I just tested it out. If you click on Cancel, your PM won't show up there.

RSL
09-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the info!

Leeza
09-10-2005, 11:00 PM
:up:

eestlinc
09-10-2005, 11:45 PM
In the old days it would tell you if the recipient had read the PM without even bothering to ask you if you wanted a read receipt.

Leeza
09-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Yeah, I remember those days.