PDA

View Full Version : Help in the first visit to shinra, the bookcase thing

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-10-2005, 09:47 PM
I'd like someone help me figure out how to try doing the password thing on floor 62 (I think) of the first visit to shinra. I read the instructions, but it doesn't really make sence. I tried pulling the letters from the books, but there were like, more than one letters that werent in the room name. HELP!!!!!

Hellfire
09-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Ok what you have to do is to find the book that's the odd one out in the section then say if it was '3 shinra' that letter would be n as n is the 3rd letter. Once you have them all then you can make the word.

By the way I'm new here so I'd like to say hi to everyone.

G SpOtZ
09-10-2005, 10:24 PM
hi hellfire XD welcome!

as for the password. the game changes it every time, so it's random. the easy cheap way to do it is to go down to the floor with the save point, save your game, and go back up and guess any of the words. if ur wrong, restart and do another word, and keep doing this until ur right lol. of course it can be a pain in the @$$ after awhile so you don't have to, but that's sooo easy. (besides, i never really got the instructions either)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Hellfire was right.

you need to find the odd book then take the letter that is so far along according to the number. you need to do this in each library then re-arrange the letters to make a word that makes sense.

By the way G spotz, i think the save is after that and you need his key to get to it. so sorry. :(

DMKA
09-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Is that how you do it? I didn't think it was possible to actually figure it out.

Terran
09-11-2005, 09:46 PM
What I did was figure it out partially then when I wasn't sure exactly what it was I would go into teh screen and check what words were available to me and then make an educated guess, got it on my frist time!! I felt special.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-12-2005, 09:02 PM
hmm... is that about as specific as it gets?

Carl the Llama
09-12-2005, 09:33 PM
[TR][TD]the way to work it out is say for instance in the weapons development/peace perservation library there is a book called "14 the ainchients in history" you would know that the book would not belong in there so you count to the 14th letter which is n from in you would take that letter and write it down and go to the next library and read the name of the library and then go look for the odd one out and add it to the n you already got so say you went to the space deveopment library and it has "18 extended uses of mako weaponry" which would be k so then you have k and n then you go to another library like the Urban development library and you find a book called "2 midigar space history" then you gould have N K I on your list then you go to the scientific reasearch library and you would find a book called "8 planning costs for sector 4" you would have G so that is NKIG which you rearange into KING and bob's your farthers brother, please note that these books i have quoted are not in the librarys i have mentioned i just remember them when searching so dont come to me and say "the ainchients in history isnt in the weapons development library" as this is just an example

Anniexo
09-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Just guess it but if you don't guess it right you have to leave the room b4 you can try again (i think)

Skyblade
09-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Just guess it but if you don't guess it right you have to leave the room b4 you can try again (i think)

And you won't get the Materia bonus he's offering.

Read the plaque in front of each room saying what that room's books are about. Look at both sides of every bookcase. Find the out of place book. Count the number before the title along the letters of the title.

Example:
The out of place book is "14 Pink Elephants on Parade", count 14 letters along the title (not including the number), making your password letter: "14 Pink Elephants On Parade"

Repeat for all four rooms, giving you four letters. See which password has those letters.

(Sorry for the Pink Elephants thing, I needed an example and it just popped in there)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-14-2005, 09:21 PM
What if their is more than one odd letter in the room?

Luthien Rogue
09-14-2005, 10:33 PM
What if their is more than one odd letter in the room?

There isn't.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Do you count the part on the sign that's on each side that says "shinra inc."?

Anniexo
09-17-2005, 07:55 PM
has anyone got the password with just two letters i did 'cues the letters i got was t and e so i knew it was best

Anniexo
09-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Do you count the part on the sign that's on each side that says "shinra inc."?

I think so but then again i didn't see .inc i just saw shinra

Seto Fett
09-19-2005, 02:20 AM
Ha, I just replayed this whole part today. I see others have explained but I'll give my instructions as well. Ok, the password is 4 letters long, and there's 4 library sections. Obviously, this is how you're going to get it. The 4 sections each have a particular subject that the books in it correspond with.

Your objective is to seek the book in each section that doesn't fit the section topic. When you locate the book that's wrong, you will notice a number beside it. You must count over the letters depending upon the number. So, if it's 16, count over 16 and the sixteenth letter will be your letter. Do this with all 4 sections of the library and then it's a simple word scamble. There will only be ONE odd book in each section, so you don't have to worry about multiple ones.

Jiro
09-19-2005, 05:25 AM
if you can't figure out the odd one skip it. i normally figure it out with 2 letters

Anniexo
09-19-2005, 06:59 PM
i've played the game a few times but i alway seem to get the same password can that happen?

Seto Fett
09-19-2005, 10:19 PM
It's always random. I've played the game through more than 10 times and it varies. Allow me to enlighten you if I can...Take yesterday, I just got to that point in my most recent game. Last game before this, the password was MAKO, so I thought, "Heck with this, I'll just use MAKO, since it was my old one."

Well, I did and it wasn't MAKO heh, it was KING. Of course, I was very angry, as I needed to get it on my first try to get the Elemental materia. This meant retracking the whole building again too. (Last save was when I got there hehe) Anyway, once I restarted the save and 10 minutes of repeating, I again got to the libray.

This time I did the puzzle just to make sure I got it right. 3 minutes later...behold the password is MAKO. Of course, I was annoyed, but it proves the damn password is always random.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-19-2005, 11:31 PM
The sad thing is, I played this game all the way through before, and every time I have trouble on this part xD.