PDA

View Full Version : If I start a new game who should I use?

Migitman
09-11-2005, 01:35 AM
On my will soon beat the game file, I use Zidane Vivi Steiner and Garnet. I jsut wondered if there is a more fun or better party to use.

boys from the dwarf
09-11-2005, 09:23 AM
on my first playthourough i used everyone you did but replced steiner with amarant.
if you want a completely different party i suggest zidane,freya,amarant/quina and eiko.
but its best to keep zidane and garnet with you because it makes a better storyline.

Slade
09-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Zidane, Amarant, Quina and Freya. That is the most fun party to have. To hell with Vivi, I like him but theres no real point later on. Plus watching the same magics over and over again is boring. And as for the white mages (Eiko and Garnet), you dont need them once Quina learns white wind, Amarant learns Revive and Freya has Rei's Wind. I still use the others quite alot because every new game i play i use charcters i never used for my last game, but those 4 are my favorite party formation. :D

Dreddz
09-11-2005, 12:23 PM
have Zidaned, Quina, Eiko and Amarant
Sounds fun, I use Zidane, Quina, Garnet and Steiner personally.....

Mr.Cal
09-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Remember, there's no right or wrong answer here. Your choice of party depends mostly on your fighting style. If you're more magic-orienated, Quina Eiko Garnet and Vivi are good choices. I personally prefer physical attacks but I still include Garnet (for healing and great summons) in my party alongside Zidane, Steiner and Freya.

tranvanhieu
09-12-2005, 06:05 AM
Vivi,Garnet(or Eiko),Steiner,Zidane
Hehe,reflect on everyone,then Firaga(add "none Elemental" and "reflect X 2" is better) on everyone.

ezzarian
09-13-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm all out for magic and a Zidane in my group! Vivi's focus rocks!

HunterFlamebrow
09-17-2005, 12:07 AM
I like to use all party members equally, but in the Final Battle I used Zidane, Freya, Steiner, and Garnet. Zidane of course is mandatory, Freya has one of the best abilities in the game, Dragon Crest (just a minute, I'll explain why), Steiner is a great warrior and has the best Trance, and Garnet rounded out the party as the healer -- I picked her over Eiko for her Curaga spell (which I believe Eiko cannot get . . or it's more difficult to learn with her).

If you're starting a new game, use this great trick I learned to level up midway through the game: Steal a Coral Ring from Beatrix (the 1st battle with her, I believe), or buy/synthesize one. Also, have Quina learn Level 5 Death. When you have both of these, put Quina (equipped with the Ring) and two of the above people in your party, and go to Gizamulke's Grotto and up the vine in the back. You will be on a section of the world map, where as long as you stay out of the forest, all you will encounter is level 60 Grand Dragons. The only seriously dangerous attack they have is lightning based, which Quina will absorb . . . just have it use Level 5 death on the dragon, and it will go down in 5 seconds. That's almost 2 levels per fight, depending on how early in the game you do this. And, killing all those dragons will power up your Dragon Crest ability, making it an easy way to deal 9999 damage at the end of the game (kill 100 dragons and you're set).

Craig
09-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Zidane can be removed from your party in Memoria, or whatever the place is called.

And Freya isn't the only character with a 9999 attack. Zidane's Thievery skill gains damage the more you steal. Quina's Frog Drop gains damage as you catch frogs in the minigame. And Steiner's Shock ability triples his damage I think, so that's basically 9999 everytime.

I gots a latta moe info!!
09-18-2005, 04:07 AM
I always use Zidane, Dagger, Armorant, and Vivi.

udsuna
09-18-2005, 02:08 PM
I go with Zidane, Freya (white draw, reis wind, etc), eiko (her defensive summons are great) and Quina (a good enough physical fighter, plus a stunning array of spells).

I'll mix it up with other characters. Except Amarant. I renamed him "retard", which is great when people include that "the flaming...." title in front of his name. :D

Hellza
09-19-2005, 01:04 AM
It's been a while since i played it but lets see.. In the total of 3 times i beat it all the way through i think i used the same four each time..
garnet, zidane, vivi, and that eiko chick or however it was spelled. 2 healers, one offensive fighter(vivi) and one item user/attaker (zidane)
haveing 2 healers helps a bunch ;)

But now im going to get the game again, and try it with freya, zidane, (eiko or garnet) and steiner.